Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The strange affair of Dimmy Tooley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

charlie14 wrote: »
    He is around long enough to know better.

He is Minister for Justice and Equality and as such the very least you would expect is he would consult the Constitution before opening his gob.

If that was too big a read for him a quick check of D Standing Orders would show him how wrong he was.

Very poor form from a Minister for Justice and Equality to ignore both in favour of " look over there at them ones" political opportunism.
    he did cite the constitution taking a literal interepretation of present but not of voting, which suited him. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/voting-controversy-flanagan-writes-to-ceann-comhairle-over-illegality-1.4057669 <paywall

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

he did cite the constitution taking a literal interepretation of present but not of voting, which suited him. https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/voting-controversy-flanagan-writes-to-ceann-comhairle-over-illegality-1.4057669 <paywall

Seems not only can he not see that the chamber is not mentioned in the Constitution or Dáil Standing Orders, but he is also unaware of the regulations on proxy voting where not having received official permission to do so he is guilty of voter impersonation. A criminal offence.
    Some Minister for Justice and Equality!!

New footage shows Lisa Chambers in Timmy Dooley's Dail seat during seven voteshttps://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/lisa-chambers-claims-she-has-been-singled-out-after-new-footage-emerges-of-her-voting-for-dil-colleague-38786544.html again Timmy Dooley in the chamber but somehow unable to vote for 50 minutes so Chambers did it for him, and Donnelly voted for Chambers and then somebody else voted for Donnelly whos then assigned seat is out of shot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,446 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

New footage shows Lisa Chambers in Timmy Dooley's Dail seat during seven voteshttps://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/lisa-chambers-claims-she-has-been-singled-out-after-new-footage-emerges-of-her-voting-for-dil-colleague-38786544.html again Timmy Dooley in the chamber but somehow unable to vote for 50 minutes so Chambers did it for him, and Donnelly voted for Chambers and then somebody else voted for Donnelly whos then assigned seat is out of shot

Claims she’s been singled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Quite interesting timing on the video. Apparently Dara Murphy doesn't exist now :p

• Advertisement

Calhoun wrote: »
    Quite interesting timing on the video. Apparently Dara Murphy doesn't exist now :p

What you mean?

The Fox News approach to bad news. Deflect, divert, distract.

In Ireland it`s "Look at them one`s over there" while ignoring your own one`s were doing the same.:D

The Fox News approach to bad news. Deflect, divert, distract.

In Ireland it`s "Look at them one`s over there" while ignoring your own one`s were doing the same.:D

There is a thread started everyday about FG.

One negative story cubes out about an opposition party and everyone thinks it’s a conspiracy, put out by FG. Pure nonsense.

There is no equal or balanced views around here. It’s FG are bad and that’s it.

Claims she’s been singled out.
    its as much about Timmy Dooley as her.

One negative story cubes out about an opposition party and everyone thinks it’s a conspiracy, put out by FG. Pure nonsense.

A government party are under pressure due to insurance claims by two of their T.D.`s, expenses/attendance by a third and a story that didn`t play well in the polls for their main opposition party months ago suddenly reappears.
    I doubt many will see that as anything other than attempts to deflect, divert and distract.

• Advertisement

where are the January 2019 Dail video files http://oireachtas.heanet.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Careful. You don't want to get labelled a bot. Trotted out to defend the government and steer outrage back towards the opposition. Beep bop.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I suppose he could have got Lisa to push his buttons as well?

blanch152 wrote: »
    I suppose he could have got Lisa to push his buttons as well?

Should he have even been allowed to press any button since 2017 ?
    The bold Dara was working for the European Peoples Party in Brussels since 2017 without being sanctioned to do so by Varadkar.

Seems you never did find those Dáil Standing Orders you appeared to believe allowed some FG T.D.`s to vote on behalf of others on the basis those others were in the chamber at the time.
    No surprise.
    They do not exist.

The bold Dara was working for the European Peoples Party in Brussels since 2017 without being sanctioned to do so by Varadkar.

Seems you never did find those D Standing Orders you appeared to believe allowed some FG T.D.`s to vote on behalf of others on the basis those others were in the chamber at the time.
    No surprise.
    They do not exist.
    if you want to discuss Dara Murphy there is thread for that https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058034953&page=10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Seems you never did find those Dáil Standing Orders you appeared to believe allowed some FG T.D.`s to vote on behalf of others on the basis those others were in the chamber at the time.
    No surprise.
    They do not exist.

Without being sanctioned by Varadkar? Varadkar at the time of Murphy getting the gig issued a press release congratulating Murphy ,sounds like approval to me.

if you want to discuss Dara Murphy there is thread for that https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058034953&page=10

In the first instance it wasn`t me that brought up Dara Murphy, and for the second I was commenting on a post where blanch152 referred to him.

In the first instance it wasn`t me that brought up Dara Murphy, and for the second I was commenting on a post where blanch152 referred to him.

Blamed the wrong poster again.

Without being sanctioned by Varadkar? Varadkar at the time of Murphy getting the gig issued a press release congratulating Murphy ,sounds like approval to me.

Me too, but from Varadkar`s interview with Brendan O`Connor you would be inclined to to wonder did he even know Dara Murphy was a Fine Gael TD

Me too, but from Varadkar`s interview with Brendan O`Connor you would be inclined to to wonder did he even know Dara Murphy was a Fine Gael TD

Ah sure he should commission another ( remember the Bailey one?) report that will never get released. That should help make the public move on. lol

• Advertisement

Blamed the wrong poster again.

Nope.

You were the second instant I mentioned where your post referred to Murphy.

How is that search for those non-existing Dáil Standing Orders of yours coming on ?

Thread about FF and the usual posters drag FG and some whataboutery into it sidestepping the thread topic.

We talk about FG bots and shills here.

Unbelievable.

Thread about FF and the usual posters drag FG and some whataboutery into it sidestepping the thread topic.

Unbelievable.

Actually the thread is about Timmy Dooley, but we have since learned quite a few TD's of all hues were incapable of voting from their assigned seats. M Martin admitted to voting on behalf of someone else as did L Varadkar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Unbelievable.

If you search through the thread you'll find that even though it started with Dooley and Collins, indulging in a bit of voting malpractice (the thread topic you referred to above), it later transpired that they were far from the only two at it.

SF got a mention, as did FG, with even Leo and Charlie Flanagan saying they voted for colleagues.

It is possible to be critical towards all of them who have been shown to have broken the rules surrounding voting for a colleague you know, regardless of party.

I would apply the same logic if it later emerges that TDs or ministers (past or present) from other political party's were shown to have been at less than honest personal injury claims Jingle.

Unfortunately, only FG seem to be producing such cretins at present, but I'm keeping an eye out for others.

If you search through the thread you'll find that even though it started with Dooley and Collins, indulging in a bit of voting malpractice (the thread topic you referred to above), it later transpired that they were far from the only two at it.

SF got a mention, as did FG, with even Leo and Charlie Flanagan saying they voted for colleagues.

It is possible to be critical towards all of them who have been shown to have broken the rules surrounding voting for a colleague you know, regardless of party.

I would apply the same logic if it later emerges that TDs or ministers (past or present) from other political party's were shown to have been at less than honest personal injury claims Jingle.

Unfortunately, only FG seem to be producing such cretins at present, but I'm keeping an eye out for others.

FF members voted for other members absent from the chamber.

The other parties did not.

But sure that won’t be mentioned and the one big difference.

Brushed aside in blind hatred of FG.

Voting malpractice is voting malpractice, it doesn't matter whether or not you were in the chamber or drinking a pint in temple bar, no one should be voting on behalf of anyone else.n

I believe blanch was going digging for a list of rules that stated that it was in fact ok to vote on someone else's behalf, but I think we've been left wanting on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Unbelievable.

Leave Blanch alone, so what if a Green drags Murphy into it? We don't hear enough form the Greens IMO...well about the Greens.

This thread started before we knew loads of them were at it. It's not right regardless of the football team involved.

What you, (or indeed someone who really should know better, Charlie Flanagan Minister for Justice and Equality), do not either get or do not want to get, is that under both the Constitution and Dáil Standing Orders no TD is allowed to vote for another TD.
    Whether that TD is in the chamber, outside the door of the chamber or in Timbuktu, it makes no difference.

Blanch some time back believed it did under Dáil Standing Orders but after being asked a number of time to state what this Standing Order is, has failed to do so.

Blanch some time back believed it did under Dáil Standing Orders but after being asked a number of time to state what this Standing Order is, has failed to do so.
    I believe blanch was going digging for a list of rules that stated that it was in fact ok to vote on someone else's behalf, but I think we've been left wanting on them.

The two of you have been peddling these lies for quite a while now. It is completely disingenuous, misleading and untrue. Here is what I posted:

Article 15.11.1 isn't the end of it, there are Dail Standing Orders as well, which require you in the Chamber to vote.

"require you in the Chamber to vote" is what I said the Standing Orders required. That is all, I never claimed that the Standing Orders required you to press your own button once you were in the Chamber.

https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachtas/parliamentaryBusiness/standingOrders/dail/2019/2019-01-11_consolidated-dail-eireann-standing-orders-january-2019_en.pdf

"When the doors have been locked, and the division lobbies have been cleared, the Ceann
    Comhairle shall order the Dáil or Committee of the whole Dáil to divide, and shall appoint two
    duly nominated tellers for each side:"

There you go, if you are not in the Chamber, you cannot vote, as the doors have been locked, exactly as I claimed. The two of you can continue with your childish charade that I said something else, off you go, it is a stock play from you both.

My point all along has been that there is a difference and a distinction between being present somewhere in the Houses of the Oireachtas (as Timmy Dooley was) and being present in the Chamber as others were when they asked someone to press their voting button for them.

• Advertisement

The two of you have been peddling these lies for quite a while now. It is completely disingenuous, misleading and untrue. Here is what I posted:

Did you type they out with a straight face, because I "peddled it" once......

Today.

Some irony blanch.

Advertisement