Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The strange affair of Dimmy Tooley

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I'd say Martin is fuming, this coming after the Brexit gaff a few weeks ago from Timmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Crooked, crooked parliament that this can happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

I’d say MM id absolutely fuming.

FF managed to hide how corrupt they are for a few years and the public were starting to forget.

But as sure as day becomes night FF show true from.

It's like that episode of The Simpsons where they put the.bullies in a room. All they need to do is that and they will potentially have a good election.

They were on track for the sins of the past to be washed away, we shall see now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The Ceann Comhairle wasn't in the chair at the time... So if it was he who asked her to withdraw it what must that mean? The Leas Ceann Comhairle did not remark on her parliamentary language at the time.

How juvenile. And my own..."sh1ite"? You really are filthy. I shouldn't have entered this swamp of crassness and stupidity.

Troll effort - rumbled after 2nd post, very poor.

Under the bridge you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

What’s going on here? Seems this could be very serious. Is this legal - someone voting on his behlaf?

https://www.thejournal.ie/timmy-dooley-voting-dail-4858509-Oct2019/

I don't understand this comment:

'Dooley, the party’s communications spokesperson, said Limerick TD Niall Collins pushed his voting button on his behalf as he believed Dooley was still in the chamber.'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Ready4Boarding

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Troll effort - rumbled after 2nd post, very poor.

Under the bridge you go.

Odious.

Interesting, I'm sure this isn't the first time either for some members of the Dáil.

How would you go about checking voting record versus presence in the Dáil chamber?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Can anyone explain how you vote in Dail? I thought you walked through a doorway to another room. First I've heard of buzzers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

bobbyss wrote: »
    Can anyone explain how you vote in Dail? I thought you walked through a doorway to another room. First I've heard of buzzers

Think it depends on what they are voting on, they have electronic voting for certain things and the walkthrough for others. Not sure how it’s decided which goes where.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

Looks like Lisa “squeaky clean,goody 2 shoes“ Chambers did the damage.....shocker!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

now Lisa Chambers has admitted pressing Dara Callery's button https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/fianna-fáil-s-lisa-chambers-voted-for-dara-calleary-after-sitting-in-wrong-seat-1.4057228 heres her on radio this morning denying she ever voted for somebody else https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21639610

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Lisa Chambers now saying she mistakenly voted as Data Calleary past week because she was sitting in the wrong seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Dickie9

A timmy d spoofer Dooley how any1 can vote for this lad is beyond me seems 2 own a lot off property in and around Dublin as well as clare a complete spoofer I wouldn't be voting for him or ff

Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

nc6000 wrote: »
    Lisa Chambers now saying she mistakenly voted as Data Calleary past week because she was sitting in the wrong seat.

She kinda suggests that after accidentally voting she then moved seats and cast her own vote. If that’s what she did then she knew what she was at, if she cast someone else’s vote and didn’t cast hers I can see it being a mistake.
    It sounds to me like this is rife in the place though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

salmocab wrote:

I suspect we will be hearing of plenty more instances of this happening. In the clip of Dooley taking to Collins he's not exactly having to explain much to him. Collins knew what to do.

I suspect we will be hearing of plenty more instances of this happening. In the clip of Dooley taking to Collins he's not exactly having to explain much to him. Collins knew what to do.

How many will be standing down?

This could bring the government down.

bobbyss wrote: »
    thats what they call a walkthrough which they can still ask for

heres a photos the buttons with recently added staon/present abstention https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/784404678016659456/photo/1

lola85 wrote: »
    How many will be standing down?

Thus could bring the government down.
    how? if lisa chambers has to step down from the front bench? this could also effect barry cowen and dara callery, MM front bench would be decimated. It be a mess for FF maybe FG would want to take a advantage (but they could well be found to have done it too) think Leo genuinely would prefer to wait till May to get brexit and budget sorted.

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    She kinda suggests that after accidentally voting she then moved seats and cast her own vote. If that’s what she did then she knew what she was at, if she cast someone else’s vote and didn’t cast hers I can see it being a mistake.
    heres the record https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/debates/debate/dail/2019-10-17/ she must have hit dara callery's button and hers in the first vote. I don't see a vote where Callery is down and she's not.

How could she not tell the CC, it doesn't matter if it wasn't close or not, its incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

salmocab wrote: »

Gavin Reilly on Twitter is saying that she voted twice, once in the wrong seat and then a second time in her own seat.

I wonder if its only FF, they should easily be able to cross reference voting against attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Calhoun wrote: »
    I wonder if its only FF, they should easily be able to cross reference voting against attendance.

I am certain Johnny Dogs will be along shortly with a long list of FG TDs who have done the same. If not, we can look forward to a funny gif or picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,819 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

A 'mistake' like defrauding a parliament of legitimate votes, crooked as it gets kind of place, how are we even still listening to these people, they should be turfed out on their hole for corruption, absolute cretens.

blanch152 wrote: »
    I am certain Johnny Dogs will be along shortly with a long list of FG TDs who have done the same. If not, we can look forward to a funny gif or picture.

Not sure who that is but i would like to know who is doing it regardless of party.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,756 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Two of the least talented TD, s in the dail, hope both loose their gigs

There is talented ones :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

Are politicians entitled to claim expenses if it has been shown that they voted even though they might never have been anywhere near Dáil Éireann?

This is an incredible scandal which, quite frankly, would only occur in a country as corrupt as Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Are politicians entitled to claim expenses if it has been shown that they voted even though they might never have been anywhere near Dáil Éireann?

This is an incredible scandal which, quite frankly, would only occur in a country as corrupt as Ireland.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

heres her on radio this morning denying she ever voted for somebody else https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21639610

I knew it. There was something about the way she answered that question, I knew she was lying.

Advertisement