Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM&PSTN Dual Network Acting Weird

• 19-10-2019 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'll start off slowly, as I haven't got a clue what I'm talking about and it's a bit long winded, I think.

Anyone seriously familiar with what ever it is I've listed, please? I'm taking that's a generic name? Good.

Three parts involved here. 1/ The beams. 2/ The 'Control Box' and attendant key fob controller. 3/ The App. which gives me remote control / alerts.

Okay. Pat is my neighbour. He's for ever having to break a set of beams. So, we installed the App on his phone. Disabling alerts. Just gave him the ability to turn that beam off and on.

The box on my wall would announce a 'Disarming' and I knew Pat was coming. When he left, he'd Arm. I also got text messages of these events to my phone. Life was good.

Then, I drowned my phone :o All hell's let loose. I put the sim card into a non smart phone. We had a power cut. Alarm sent me a text that AC Power was off. (I have an APC back up. The control box lights never went out)

But, basically? I've had Pat arrive at my gate. No alarm reaction. He's tried turning it off / leaving it on. Either way, 90% of the time, he drives straight through the beams. Nothing happens.

Yet ~ and here's the kicker! ~ when I go to the beams, control box in hand, and walk through them? All the bells and whistles go off! My key fob also arms / disarms the box, according to what it says.

I'm buying a new, smart phone, next week. I'll put my sim in it and reload the App. I'd hope to then regain control of my system :(

Any thoughts, please?

Thanks.

Advertisement