Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterville secondary school catchment area

Options
  • 19-10-2019 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I live in Waterville, and I would like to find out what are the secondary schools located within our catchment area. I've heard kids usually go to Coolmine.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

I believe it depends on the primary school that your child goes to.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Gio2

The only school it is in catchment area for is coolmine. But a lot of the kids would go to LCC as they still have capacity for kids outside catchment who attend feeder schools. There is also the new Edmund rice school which is based in the grounds of Connolly at the moment but will be moving beside st brigids gaa club when their new building is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Erelliac

Many thanks for your responses.

My kids are at Scoil Brhide Blanch', and the automatic transfer is to Coolmine indeed it would seem.

I've reached out to Edmund Rice and they don't seen to receive applications from Waterville, due to the temporary nature of their location.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Erelliac wrote: »
    Many thanks for your responses.

My kids are at Scoil Brhide Blanch', and the automatic transfer is to Coolmine indeed it would seem.

I've reached out to Edmund Rice and they don't seen to receive applications from Waterville, due to the temporary nature of their location.
    I live in Mulhuddart and they had no problem in discussing my daughter's application... Their permanent location is the Navan road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Erelliac wrote: »
    I am surprised at this because my interactions with the school secretary and principal have been great.

A school should accept applications from everyone. The enrolment policy will determine who gets offered a place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement