Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike computer recommendation

Options
  • 19-10-2019 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭

who_ru wrote: »
    Generally pretty poor reviews of that unit from what I can see, especially battery life.

I don't have a bike computer of any description, but had been contemplating buying one, and the 820 had the functions I wanted (namely turn by turn), along with, from the previous post, a fairly attractive price point.

Would you have any recommendations, for similar money and features, but perhaps better battery life

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

If you take some conservative settings the battery is fine. I have one and it's fine for spins less than 6 hours
    . If you need more than that there are other options. Don't discount this unless you explicitly need more battery. Also I have seen it for 160 previously on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

cletus wrote: »
    I don't have a bike computer of any description, but had been contemplating buying one, and the 820 had the functions I wanted (namely turn by turn), along with, from the previous post, a fairly attractive price point.

Would you have any recommendations, for similar money and features, but perhaps better battery life

I’m in the same boat and ultimately it comes down to your needs, for example color screen or not? Mapping? (Which seems to be poor in a lot of units).

The wahoo element bolt is popular, Bryton have been recommended to me in the past, and at the higher end the Sigma Rox 12.0 sport is a highly recommended bike computer, and one which I may well go for in the long run.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

For the farming you can download free maps. Go to DC rainmaker for details. A bargain compared to buying full farming maps

Advertisement