Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Disappointed not to get 3 points as a United fan. By far the better team.

Better because Liverpool were so poor for the first 75mins though in fairness. They weren't great.

2 shots on target and less than 33% possession overall. At home. United deserved a draw and got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

8-10 wrote: »
    Better because Liverpool were so poor for the first 75mins though in fairness. They weren't great.

2 shots on target and less than 33% possession overall. At home. United deserved a draw and got it.

We deserved the win. Definitely.

We deserved the win. Definitely.

With that defending for the equaliser? And bringing on a striker when trying to hold on? A win would have flattered United. They would have taken the draw before the game so have to be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ole cost Utd the 3 points there.

Liverpool were dire.

That'll do. Poor performance from Liverpool but enough to get a point :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Man u will be the happier there...doubled their distance from the relegation zone.

Do you actually contribute anything to this forum or is it all just petty little digs? Grow up for **** sake.

With that defending for the equaliser? And bringing on a striker when trying to hold on? A win would have flattered United. They would have taken the draw before the game so have to be happy.

Disagree but good to stop that record Pool had.

Yeah I'm happy with the point. And happy for Adam Lallana. What a hero

Disagree but good to stop that record Pool had.

Disagree that they'd have taken a draw beforehand? Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

niallo27 wrote: »
    Bollox liverpool the better side.

Hahaha you're still a great comedian

• Advertisement

Disagree that they'd have taken a draw beforehand? Seriously?

Yes? It's 90 mins of football...should we just expect to get beaten? It's not like it's Burton Albion vs Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Do you actually contribute anything to this forum or is it all just petty little digs? Grow up for **** sake.

It’s his thing.

A grown man.

Sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Only one team have been PL Champions before, but not too many of the players to be honest.

I don't think either team looked great today. Poor game.

Tbf to Ole his tactics worked. Nullified your full backs and dominated until Klopp changed things at half time. We got our goal and were never going to look like a creative powerhouse and go after another because we don’t have the quality to be one. In the end it was a defensive brain freeze that undone us. Liverpool will have many better days than that.
    mightyreds wrote: »
    And if you think it's united fill your boots in Paddy power

Whoosh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Surprised how bad Firmino was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

adox wrote: »
    Ole cost Utd the 3 points there.

Liverpool were dire.

How did ole cost them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Liverpool were horrendous today so we have to be glad with a point

adox wrote: »
    It’s his thing.

A grown man.

Sad.

Plenty of them around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Liverpool the better team despite playing below par. Dominated possession and had more chances. But can’t argue that, despite the dodgy goal, a point wasn’t undeserved for Man U.

Amazing how good Rashford can look when he actually tries.

Hilarious when the boos rang around Old Trafford when the added time was as high as 5 minutes! 1-1 at home and they were begging for the final whistle.

That shows where the teams are. But that point puts United 2 clear of the relegation zone, and I’ve no doubt Ole will keep them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

bangkok wrote: »
    How did ole cost them?

Second half tactics, ultra defensive and look to catch Liverpool on the break.

United invited Liverpool to attack for the best part of 35 minutes and eventually got their deserved goal.

Offered nothing going forward second half, too focused on defence and it cost them the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Liverpool will be delighted to start of season. First points dropped today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

Don't care if I'm banned for saying this but Liverpool were robbed by the officials today and all Man Utd fans are horrible ***** who deserve to die!

Mod: Well, yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Liverpool had more possession, more shots on goal, more shots off goal. United's goal could have easily been disallowed by another VAR.

How exactly did they deserve to win?

This bias always appears when the **** team does better than expected. Irrationality ensues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Don't care if I'm banned for saying this but Liverpool were robbed by the officials today and all Man Utd fans are horrible ***** who deserve to die!

Jaysus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Emmmm.. it's only football

Meltdown has begun.

Give it a rest.

Ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

That escalated quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Doubt you’ll be banned, can’t see any reason why. At all.

No Var was disallowing that goal today with Atkinson standing right beside him. Actually forgot Origi was playing he was that bad.

• Advertisement

Hilarious when the boos rang around Old Trafford when the added time was as high as 5 minutes! 1-1 at home and they were begging for the final whistle.

Yeah that was really bizarre. I thought at 1-1 that Liverpool actually looked more likely to go for a winner than United who I think has a **** corner after that point and nothing else, Liverpool owned the ball in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

If United are blaming Ole for the draw yous have to ask yourself would you have taken it pre game.

I thought United played well albeit Liverpool very poor. Liverpool late goal strikes again and their record continues.

From both perspective a good point. Liverpool playing so bad but getting a point a sign of title contenders.

United stepped up and if Ole can drag that motivation from the players against other side's they should comfortable get Top 6.

Young is getting a slating but thought he played well aside from the goal they conceded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Game showed mane is nothing more than salah's sidekick, disappeared when he was supposed to be the star

Lol. Try harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

#emotional

magma69 wrote: »
    Liverpool had more possession, more shots on goal, more shots off goal. United's goal could have easily been disallowed by another VAR.

How exactly did they deserve to win?

This bias always appears when the **** team does better than expected. Irrationality ensues.

Because we were the better side?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Heard that before...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Jaysus, there's a lot more to life, hell it's only football. Hope you are only a child not an adult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

You're a disgusting person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

3 - 0 to the United fans, as in 3 United fans will get banned after the meltdown of a 3 - 0 Liverpool win this evening

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Because we were the better side?

Based on What? Stats and reality don't back up your point of view.

If United are blaming Ole for the draw yous have to ask yourself would you have taken it pre game.

I thought United played well albeit Liverpool very poor. Liverpool late goal strikes again and their record continues.

From both perspective a good point. Liverpool playing so bad but getting a point a sign of title contenders.

United stepped up and if Ole can drag that motivation from the players against other side's they should comfortable get Top 6.

Young is getting a slating but thought he played well aside from the goal they conceded.

I'd have taken a draw pre game which goes to show where United are right now in comparison to Liverpool.

The fact is that United somewhat made Liverpool play poorly in the first half, had the upper hand at HT and should have struck while the iron is hot.

Instead, United went into ultra defensive mode and played for a 1-0 win or a 1-1 draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,591 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

In fairness that poster is neither a United or Liverpool fan.. hes an Inter fan IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Thought utd won the first half, liverpool came out for the second.
    The var decision was correct to be fair in my opinion. Probably Rashfords best game this season. Game point of view, a draw was fair enough.
    Thought united put in a reasonably good shift in. Dunno why the poster is having a melt, chill out man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I did call 1-1 in fairness. Why didnt I back it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

I'd have to agree with those saying United deserved it. Probably not by much but I couldn't argue with a United win after watching that. They looked far more threatening for the most part. I thought Liverpool were awful once they crossed into United's half.

Liverpool fans should be delighted with the point considering how that game went. Still unbeaten and 6 in front with one of their toughest matches out of the way.

United might be shyte most of the time but there was always a chance they'd step it up against Liverpool, and they did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Trigger wrote: »
    In fairness that poster is neither a United or Liverpool fan.. hes an Inter fan IIRC

And most likely on the funny stuff all afternoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,494 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Was just about to point out he’s never posted in our thread AFAIK.

A disgusting and juvenile comment that no actual Liverpool fan would want to be associated with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

magma69 wrote: »
    Based on What? Stats and reality don't back up your point of view.

The match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

Yep an Inter fan, but that corruption was beyond anything Juve have ever pulled in Italy. I've always hated Man U fans and today just tipped me over the edge, stand by what I said.

I'd have taken a draw pre game which goes to show where United are right now in comparison to Liverpool.

The fact is that United somewhat made Liverpool play poorly in the first half, had the upper hand at HT and should have struck while the iron is hot.

Instead, United went into ultra defensive mode and played for a 1-0 win or a 1-1 draw.

We don't have the players to do that atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Yep an Inter fan, but that corruption was beyond anything Juve have ever pulled in Italy. I've always hated Man U fans and today just tipped me over the edge, stand by what I said.

Your an asshole

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement