Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights from Ireland

Options
  • 20-10-2019 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭

Is going via the Middle East still the best option to travel?
    Thinking of heading to Perth and there’s a direct flight from London but it’s 16 hours. Cost is fairly similar between the 2 so that’s not a deciding factor.

Not sure weather to split it in two via DXB or get it all over in one, minus a short flight to London

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Doha with Qatar is my preferred combination of flight plus stopover from Perth. I've done 16 hour flights before and would have no issue if it was going to get me to Dublin direct but if I'm going to stop I'd rather do it in the middle.

Qatar are the best airline I've flown with and I'd pay a little extra to go with them again. Etihad were average by comparison and obviously aren't an option now.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

Would echo the same as Xavi6.

I can understand doing Perth - London if that's where your trip ends, but if you are having a stopover then I would prefer to have it in the middle.

Wouldn't see a massive difference between Emirates and Qatar.

I would usually be happy to spend a little extra to get flights at a decent time of day, but understand that isn;t always an option

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

The price Qatar want is much higher than others so kind of knocks it out.

A benefit I see with Emirates is you arrive in the evening so you can get some food and a shower and head to bed at a relatively normal time, whereas with Qantas you arrive at noon

Much of a muchness between Qatar and Emirates service wise so definitely go with the cheaper option. I like to arrive in the afternoon then go for a few pints in the evening to knock myself out, does the trick every time!

It’s significantly cheaper to do 2 stop with Singapore Airlines. Is that worth considering?

• Advertisement

Since the one stop option came in I wouldn't even look at two, hated doing it via Singapore or Hong Kong. Depends on your budget and how much longer the transit time is I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

The flight from Dubai is 10 hours. It gets in about 1730.
    The flight from Doha is 10.5 hours. It gets in about 1830.

The flight from Doha is quite significantly cheaper then all the others

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

I go to Perth at least twice a year. If you want to go the Qatar route a couple of things.

Try and get QR18/QR900. Thats the flight that leaves Dublin at 1400 and gets into Doha at midnight. You then have about 2 hours before your connecting flight.

Same for the return, should be on the ground for about 2.5 hours.

Crew are nice, food is decent. Transfers are a doddle.

I go to Perth at least twice a year. If you want to go the Qatar route a couple of things.

Try and get QR18/QR900. Thats the flight that leaves Dublin at 1400 and gets into Doha at midnight. You then have about 2 hours before your connecting flight.

Same for the return, should be on the ground for about 2.5 hours.

Crew are nice, food is decent. Transfers are a doddle.

I want to go the Dubai route really but Emirates want €250 more for Similar dates. The date I would like to go is routing me to Manchester then Qatar

• Advertisement
Advertisement