Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭irishchris

Even though they show perfect 4g/3g/2g reception in my location on their coverage map I can not receive calls due to the fact that I can't get a 2g signal indoors and just about receive it outdoors with no chance of 3g/4g. Shame really as was looking forward to staying with gomo. There is a new mast built beside us with vodafone and three on it but unfortunately no sign of eir/gomo
    Going to port back to my 9€ lycamobile plan as had perfect 3g coverage here and everywhere that I need it. Assume I can port over or do I have to notify gomo? Or give notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭rn

So basically if you want to be guaranteed to receive sms then move network. I have to say at this stage it’s looking like you get what you pay for with this crowd.
    Actually contacted my bank today. PTSB. They said same thing. Gomo are not processing, delivering security texts. This makes online banking very difficult to use, if not impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

rn wrote:
    Actually contacted my bank today. PTSB. They said same thing. Gomo are not processing, delivering security texts. This makes online banking very difficult to use, if not impossible.

I'm receiving security texts from Revolut ok. I also called Visa Debit card & they sent me a test text which I received. So it looks like some security texts are being processed by GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'm using on-line phone banking with my GoMo sim without any issues at all (AIB)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Ahhhh, just when I thought it was all going so well........

I ported over my number a couple of weeks ago. Had a few problems but they were sorted, and I've had a perfect service since. It was so good that I ordered another sim for my son. Arranged a port over of his number for this morning. Lo and behold, 8am they took my number out of service, put my son's number onto my sim and activated my son's sim with a new number. How can they get so much so wrong? And of course, no response from chat. I'm trying to get them by email now but I don't hold out much hope before the weekend.

Nothing from customer service so I emailed their complaints this morning. No joy there either, so got on to comreg. Comreg stated that I have to give complaints 2 days to respond, then 10 days to come up with a solution. After that they take up the case.

^^^^
    For all the people saying they haven’t had any issues with gomo, and some of them going as far as blaming posters for entering incorrect porting details etc, this post is a warning.
    This company are only a hair trigger away from at any time completely and utterly messing up your account. And it is an utter nightmare to resolve even the slightest issue with them.

I spent 16 days unable to receive calls or SMS, harassing them every single day on chat/twitter/email. Eventually resolved itself without them even bothering to reply to my complaint. They just do not care. Their policy seems to be to ignore any customer who is having an issue until they move network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

^^^^
    For all the people saying they haven’t had any issues with gomo, and some of them going as far as blaming posters for entering incorrect porting details etc, this post is a warning.
    This company are only a hair trigger away from at any time completely and utterly messing up your account. And it is an utter nightmare to resolve even the slightest issue with them.

I spent 16 days unable to receive calls or SMS, harassing them every single day on chat/twitter/email. Eventually resolved itself without them even bothering to reply to my complaint. They just do not care. Their policy seems to be to ignore any customer who is having an issue until they move network.

If it wasn't for boards , I may well have ported straight away . I waited & continue to wait until things settle down . I've text people my new number . Dual SIM phone on the way for Christmas. At this rate I probably won't port at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

i am within 14 day cooling off period, i want to cancel so i submitted this via their website 4 days ago. how long do they take to reply? am worried now it will just be ignored...

i dont use twitter or facebook so cant try to contact them via those methods

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Lennyzip wrote: »
    If it wasn't for boards , I may well have ported straight away . I waited & continue to wait until things settle down . I've text people my new number . Dual SIM phone on the way for Christmas. At this rate I probably won't port at all.

So instead of saving money, you keep 2 SIMs.
    Interesting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

^^^^
    Did you check, before porting your existing number to Gomo, that the phone number of the Gomo SIM to which you ported matched the phone number allocated to you on the Gomo website?

Many of the porting problems reported on this forum seem to relate ultimately to the wrong SIM being delivered to the customer. If the customer ordered multiple Gomo SIMS, then it's also possible they chose to port to the wrong SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Not in my case. The sims were ordered 2 weeks apart. In fact I only ordered the second sim after porting over to the first one.

• Advertisement

Not in my case. The sims were ordered 2 weeks apart. In fact I only ordered the second sim after porting over to the first one.
    But did you check specifically, before porting your existing number to Gomo, that the phone number of the Gomo SIM to which you ported matched the phone number allocated to you on the Gomo website?

I'm not being argumentative but it would be good to get to the bottom of it.

Of course I did. It even showed as the number on my gomo account. And then last Friday they changed my sim and account over to my son's number. I have my number 25 years, and this shower have managed to lose it on me.

lighthouse wrote: »
    So instead of saving money, you keep 2 SIMs.
    Interesting :D

I'm not going to put credit on the other SIM . You can still receive calls on the old sim in a dual SIM phone . I tried it the other night :-p
    You can assign each SIM for what you want it to do ! Gomo will take care of everything & I'll still be able to receive calls on the old sim as well, just call back with the new SIM. Messy but I'm not going through this porting nightmare .

I'm not going to put credit on the other SIM . You can still receive calls on the old sim in a dual phone . I tried it the other night 🀪
    You can assign each SIM for what you want it to do ! Gomo will take care of everything & I'll still be able to receive calls on the old sim as well, just call back with the new SIM. Messy but I'm not going through this porting nightmare .

Let's say 50,000 people have signed up. The few complaints here and on Twitter/Facebook is miniscule.
    I had no problems porting. The vast majority of people who port successfully don't come onto sites like these.
    I say bite the bullet and go for it.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Of course I did. It even showed as the number on my gomo account. And then last Friday they changed my sim and account over to my son's number. I have my number 25 years, and this shower have managed to lose it on me.

Using the GoMo porting system, it's possible to port a number onto a GoMo SIM that already had a number ported onto it (thus wiping that number).

Your son's GoMo SIM is on the same account as your own? Are you certain you selected the correct GoMo SIM (the one with the new 085 number) to port your son's number onto?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Have to say I've had a seamless experience.

Received the sim, popped it in, waited 24hours and done.

I'm 100% sure. They fcuked it up badly.

lighthouse wrote: »
    Let's say 50,000 people have signed up. The few complaints here and on Twitter/Facebook is miniscule.
    I had no problems porting. The vast majority of people who port successfully don't come onto sites like these.
    I say bite the bullet and go for it.

I'll put it this way , I didn't get the new phone to avoid the porting issue , I can assure you ! However , I simply don't have the patience to be dealing with this if it doesn't work out . I can't be without my phone for work purposes . I couldn't be arsed if people personally I know can't get through to me :-) .

I'm not going to put credit on the other SIM . You can still receive calls on the old sim in a dual SIM phone . I tried it the other night :-p
    I've had dual SIM since I got my first smartphone and would recommend it to anyone. No need to insert or use a second sim unless you choose to do so. Very handy if you're abroad and want to use a local network, if you're in the process of changing network, as in this case or if you want to use the same phone for work and personal purposes with different numbers.

Lissavane wrote: »
    I've had dual SIM since I got my first smartphone and would recommend it to anyone. No need to insert or use a second sim unless you choose to do so. Very handy if you're abroad and want to use a local network, if you're in the process of changing network, as in this case or if you want to use the same phone for work and personal purposes with different numbers.

I just recently got a new phone . The dual SIM option was never a consideration when buying it but once I found out I could use it , it was a massive bonus . I had intended just to use gomo for the time been and wait til things calm down . I'm not going to bother porting now as a result .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Did you check, before porting your existing number to Gomo, that the phone number of the Gomo SIM to which you ported matched the phone number allocated to you on the Gomo website?

Many of the porting problems reported on this forum seem to relate ultimately to the wrong SIM being delivered to the customer. If the customer ordered multiple Gomo SIMS, then it's also possible they chose to port to the wrong SIM.

Yes. The numbers were the same on sim and on website. This was 100% their fault

I just recently got a new phone . The dual SIM option was never a consideration when buying it but once I found out I could use it , it was a massive bonus . I had intended just to use gomo for the time been and wait til things calm down . I'm not going to bother porting now as a result .
    Just one thing to be aware of - I think if you don't make a chargeable call or text on a sim for a certain length of time that it may expire. Maybe worth checking if you don't want to lose a particular phone number.

Just one thing to be aware of - I think if you don't make a chargeable call or text on a sim for a certain length of time that it may expire. Maybe worth checking if you don't want to lose a particular phone number.

Yeah , it had crossed my mind . I have exactly 0.01 cents left on my Vodafone payg and about 8 days left of my last top up . So I might throw a fiver on it and just fire off a text every so often . Ill have to look into it alright .

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Yeah , it had crossed my mind . I have exactly 0.01 cents left on my Vodafone payg and about 8 days left of my last top up . So I might throw a fiver on it and just fire off a text every so often . Ill have to look into it alright .

Vodafone require a top-up every 240 days in order to be able to continue to receive service. You could port that SIM to Three as they have no such requirement (I've a Three SIM that hasn't been topped up in a few years and it's still active).

Just checked it for vodafone

I tried to log in to My Vodafone but my account is marked inactive - why?

If you have not topped up in a number of months, your account may have been marked as inactive. If so, the below information will tell you what to do.

6 months after the last top up - you'll get a text advising that you'd need to top up within 7 days to keep your service active
    6 months and 7 days after last top up - outgoing calls and texts will be deactivated, incoming services stay active
    8 months after last top up - you'll get another text advising of impending disconnection if you do not top up in the next 7 days
    8 months and 7 days after last top up - your number will be disconnected, but it can be reactivated at any time within 6 months
    14 months after last top up - your number is recycled and cannot be returned to you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭Jeff2

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    Similar problem here. Just got my Sim and cannot disable call forward/voicemail.
    Sent several emails and held on chat for over 60 mins.

If this is not resolved by next bill date, will cut my losses to 9.99 and not port in.

Phone ##002# to disable is what I did.

Then you will need to setup again if you want it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Phone ##002# to disable is what I did.

Then you will need to setup again if you want it back.

Thanks for that .
    Just tried it and succeeded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Cannot log in to GOMO, in order to port over a number.

I have the username and password. It says i need to verify the email address. Asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do.

You get the idea.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Check and see if you can disable adblock/allow cookies/ not use a private window just for that ^^^. It might work.

• Advertisement

Fian wrote: »
    Cannot log in to GOMO, in order to port over a number.

I have the username and password. It says i need to verify the email address. Asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do. That sends out a verification email. I click the link in the verification email. It brings me back to the screen which asks me to input the email address i used to obtain the sim, which I do.

You get the idea.

Yea I think I understand. I suggest you try it another couple of times and see how you get on :eek:

Advertisement