Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

lighthouse wrote: »
    Yea I think I understand. I suggest you try it another couple of times and see how you get on :eek:

In view of that type of customer service would you not be better staying with your existing supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭sliabh 1956

just inseted sim card now I want to port numbers I recieved it without any notice from GO MO when I log into my account it states "In Process" and says :" No phone number available" any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

just inseted sim card now I want to port numbers I recieved it without any notice from GO MO when I log into my account it states "In Process" and says :" No phone number available" any suggestions

Well, I certainly wouldn't try any porting just yet.

Leave it active a few hours and see if matching number appears on you online account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Wait for the number to appears in your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Wait for the number to appears in your account.
    I'd also suggest that whenever the number does appear in your account, you check it against the number on the SIM you received. Then insert the new SIM and check that it's working correctly for calls, texts and data before you port your existing number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Had a brief power cut in Ashbourne . Cant comment on calls , etc but literally no signal on data without WiFi . Fine outside the house though . Not sure why the data signal is so bad in house .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Classic case of you get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Not had a single problem so far. SIM arrived on time, changeover of number was fine. Coverage is fine. I'm quite happy with what I paid for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Order a second sim. I dare ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Elemonator wrote: »

No issues outside the house . 4G all the way . Have gotten over 60mbs in both Ashbourne & Blanchard's town . House is a mystery though . No thick walls or anything .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Nah. I've always thought that people carrying two phones are weird and creepy.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Elemonator wrote: »

If its that ****e, then why are three and Eir now matching this deal. I've had people come up to me in Waterford saying signal is crap, data speeds are terrible etc... I have been an Meteor/Eir customer for years and I can assure you Eir has excellent coverage around the city and a lot of the county also. In the centre of town I have gotten 60/70mb download and where i work I only receive 3g and have yet to get under 15mb on 3G.

When i ask them who they are with, its either Three or Vodafone and I suggest to them, sure why not just try a sim and see how you get on, and the reply I get is, I can't, I am still in a contract :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

2nd sim arrived today for herself.

Number matched that of the account.

Popped it in and all was fine.

Ported about 2 hours after checking calls, txt's & data. The port took Approx 10 min.

Everything working perfectly.

My own has been flawless since I moved 3 weeks ago.

Happy days... :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Aquos76 wrote: »
    If its that ****e, then why are three and Eir now matching this deal. I've had people come up to me in Waterford saying signal is crap, data speeds are terrible etc... I have been an Meteor/Eir customer for years and I can assure you Eir has excellent coverage around the city and a lot of the county also. In the centre of town I have gotten 60/70mb download and where i work I only receive 3g and have yet to get under 15mb on 3G.

When i ask them who they are with, its either Three or Vodafone and I suggest to them, sure why not just try a sim and see how you get on, and the reply I get is, I can't, I am still in a contract :)

You're actually pretty lucky, I'm in Dublin but I get awful signal with Eir on my phone internet wise. Always drops in my bedroom :(

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

I ordered five all together -- one for all the family. I was a bit nervous after reading about some of the porting horror stories here. I ordered two sims on my own account, one for me, one for my 16-y-o daughter, and the prospect of losing the number I've had for the last 20 years wasn't a pleasant one.

Needn't have worried... it seems the GoMo porting system works fine -- selected the first GoMo sim and scheduled my number to port, selected the second sim and scheduled my daughters to port (triple checked I'd selected the right number to port to the right sim, just to be on the safe side). Both went through without any issues yesterday morning as scheduled.

The other three sims were all one sim per account and the porting was flawless.

So far I have to say my GoMo experience, with all five sims/numbers, has been trouble free. Now have the whole family on unlimited calls/texts/data for less than €50 a month. Brilliant value!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

My wife received her GoMo sim card this morning in the post - but in the "My Account" details it still doesn't show a Phone number, and says "No Active Offer".

Any ideas when this should change? I moved my daughter onto GoMo a few weeks ago and a number showed in the My Account details section days before she even received a sim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Same, got the 2nd SIM yesterday (dated 30/10/19 on the packet) in the new square size (no fancy sliding envelope) but not linked online to port.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

Of course I did. It even showed as the number on my gomo account. And then last Friday they changed my sim and account over to my son's number. I have my number 25 years, and this shower have managed to lose it on me.

That's terrible! I hope you manage to salvage your number!

I'm not suggesting for one minute you didn't do this, but just want to highlight it as it might help avoid problems for other people wanting to port two existing numbers to two GoMo sims on one account.

It's vital you make 100% sure you select the correct GoMo sim in the drop-down list at the top of the MyGoMo Account Details page before you click "Move My Number" and type in your details to schedule the number port.

When you log in to MyGoMo the system defaults to the first sim on your account. If you the want to port a second number to another GoMo sim, you have to explicitly SELECT THAT SECOND SIM from the drop-down list on the My GoMo Account Details page BEFORE you click the "Move My Number" link to request the port.

If you don't, and simply log in and click "Move My Number" for a second time, GoMo will do as you ask and will port the number to the currently selected sim (the first sim on your accoutn) overwriting the number you've already ported.

Losing your number is a nightmare scenario, so, if you're planning on porting two numbers over to GoMo, please TRIPLE CHECK you have the right sim selected in the drop-down on your MyGoMo Account Details page BEFORE you schedule the move.

I did this on my own account yesterday morning and it all went through without a hitch.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Very happy with GoMo so far, no issues at all (other than a 2 week wait for the sim, but rather they take their time then make a mistake).

Girlfriend is porting her number today so see how that goes.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hellohi

Hi there.
    I am a new Gomo customer. Everything fine uptill now just needed some help.
    Can someone kindly tell me how to disable the Voicemail system on Gomo as I don't want it enabled. Person calling me rather speak to me when available rather than leaving a message.
    If there are any other codes you know about various services activation then please let me know.
    Thank you
    Kind Regards

• Advertisement

I recieved my Sim yesterday I did nt sign for it when I put Sim in nothing happened .When I went into my account this is what I found
    "No phone number available
    No active offer
    You don't have an active offer for this phone number"

Should I just wait I tried to contact but to no avail

I recieved my Sim yesterday I did nt sign for it when I put Sim in nothing happened .When I went into my account this is what I found
    "No phone number available
    No active offer
    You don't have an active offer for this phone number"

Should I just wait I tried to contact but to no avail

Hi, The SIM is delivered by Registered post but it takes another day or two before the SIM number becomes available on your account page. So wait for a day or two. Same thing happened to me
    Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hellohi wrote: »
    Hi there.
    Can someone kindly tell me how to disable the Voicemail system on Gomo as I don't want it enabled. Person calling me rather speak to me when available rather than leaving a message.
    If there are any other codes you know about various services activation then please let me know.
    Thank you
    Kind Regards

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111526371&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Hi there.
    Thank you
    Kind Regards

Dial ##002# to disable voicemail

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

advertsfox wrote: »
    Same, got the 2nd SIM yesterday (dated 30/10/19 on the packet) in the new square size (no fancy sliding envelope) but not linked online to port.
    To my delight, the new SIM is now in Account details. I have a drop down list at the top to let me choose which number I am dealing with - nice implementation. Port is now schedule at 4:30 today so lets see how quickly this happens.

o6K1NUk.png

EDIT: Update, porting completed 10 minutes after my scheduled time - delighted!

Dial ##002# to disable voicemail

Thank you.
    Any other helpful code?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Myself, my girlfriend and two of my co workers have all ported over, no problems, grand service so far.

Been with them for about a month now and the call quality remains terrible (Cork city and suburbs). Calls connect but then go patchy/muffled and we can only hear every other word etc.

No coverage at all in some of the rural spots I visit with work while my work phone (Vodafone) has near full coverage. I'll be porting back to my old provider next month.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thank you.
    Any other helpful code?

Yes. Here. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59540487&postcount=22

• Advertisement

Well the deed is done I ported this morning all done very smoothly and quickly. My experience overall has been positive I ordered my sim on nov.2nd recieved it on the 12th and ported this morning The only complaint i have is that there was no information as to what was happening to my order. I assumed I would have been kept informed by text or email even when I got my Sim my account page showed nothing it was last night the number that matched the sim showed up .My first direct contact with Go Mo since my inital order was this afternoon welcoming me to Mo Go Only for posters on here advising me to relax and give it time I would have panicked and cancelled my order. Again many thanks to all who took the time to post since this offer began

Advertisement