Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Hellohi wrote: »
    Hi there.
    I am a new Gomo customer. Everything fine uptill now just needed some help.
    Can someone kindly tell me how to disable the Voicemail system on Gomo as I don't want it enabled. Person calling me rather speak to me when available rather than leaving a message.
    If there are any other codes you know about various services activation then please let me know.
    Thank you
    Kind Regards

I had the same problem another poster suggested ##002# and, this solved it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hellohi wrote: »
    Thank you.
    Any other helpful code?
    New Home wrote: »

Here is one you probably wont have heard as its pointless really.

Dial 1742 on GoMo :pac:
    It tells you your call history.....if thats something you need :P

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    I had the same problem another poster suggested ##20# and, this solved it for me.

Its ##002#

As I posted previously, this doesn't disable voicemail, just cancels the divert.

If someone wants to leave a voicemail for you they can by dialling your number with 5 after the prefix.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Davy wrote: »
    Its ##002#

As I posted previously, this doesn't disable voicemail, just cancels the divert.

If someone wants to leave a voicemail for you they can by dialling your number with 5 after the prefix.

Sorry just realised my mistake and corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Davy wrote: »
    Its ##002#

Yes but without the 5 the phone just rings out.

I'm not quite sure why someone would leave a voicemail with the added 5 if they didn't get to voicemail by ringing the phone.?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe because they don't want to talk with you, but they want to talk to you...

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Yes but without the 5 the phone just rings out.

I'm not quite sure why someone would leave a voicemail with the added 5 if they didn't get to voicemail by ringing the phone.?

This:

In reality its not an issue, but just making it clear that cancelling diverts doesn't disable voicemail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭Jeff2

True. I know off topic.

I once had an important appointment for someone to call to my home.
    I even left the door open to be sure I wouldn't miss them.

I later got voicemail from them saying I wasn't in when they called.

Actually I got the voicemail at the appointment time and ran out to see it they were outside but not a sign of anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,946 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh wow just tried it down at the parents house in the middle of nowhere tonight for the first time, Clare/Galway border near Kinvara, always had 56k speeds with 3 here if it even worked, tonight with a hotspot on Gomo Im getting full bars LTE. 1080p Youtube perfect steaming, instant loading in Reddit/Boards, downloading Survivor on a torrent at 4 mb/sec, this is crazy, this place has always been the blackest of reception black spots, as in having to step outside the house to make a call.

Perfect reception all the way down the motorway aswell. Even if Gomo dropped to H or H+ you still have great internet I notice, that shower of liars in 3 always meant that H or H+ meant you had no internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Well the deed is done I ported this morning all done very smoothly and quickly. My experience overall has been positive I ordered my sim on nov.2nd recieved it on the 12th and ported this morning The only complaint i have is that there was no information as to what was happening to my order. I assumed I would have been kept informed by text or email even when I got my Sim my account page showed nothing it was last night the number that matched the sim showed up .My first direct contact with Go Mo since my inital order was this afternoon welcoming me to Mo Go Only for posters on here advising me to relax and give it time I would have panicked and cancelled my order. Again many thanks to all who took the time to post since this offer began

First world problems :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’ve done this a few times alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭rn

Gooser14 wrote: »
    I'm receiving security texts from Revolut ok. I also called Visa Debit card & they sent me a test text which I received. So it looks like some security texts are being processed by GoMo.

Actually noticed over passed few days it's not just Bank texts that are not being received. Many automated texts are not coming. I never got two texts from argos. And one reminder text that dentist sent have not arrived. Very strange. Personal texts seam to arrive alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

rn wrote: »
    Actually noticed over passed few days it's not just Bank texts that are not being received. Many automated texts are not coming. I never got two texts from argos. And one reminder text that dentist sent have not arrived. Very strange. Personal texts seam to arrive alright.

I've had no problem receiving 2-factor authentication texts from PayPal, the Credit Union and AIB. Also received automated notificaiton texts from An Post, Amazon and others without any issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

No problem receiving 2-factor authentication texts here either.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

No problem receiving 2-factor authentication texts here either.

Same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Yeah not getting texts from companies. Missed one from ikea today also that I know they sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭68508224

Hi hoping someone on here can help out as GoMo support haven't got back to me after 3 days. Ordered a GoMo SIM for €10 which arrived after two weeks. I tried to move my number which I think is now done as my oroginal phone number shows up on myGoMo but I don't have any phone coverage or data. Do I need to buy the plan now or how do I go about getting coverage/data? Thanks in advance for any help.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

68508224 wrote: »
    Hi hoping someone on here can help out as GoMo support haven't got back to me after 3 days. Ordered a GoMo SIM for €10 which arrived after two weeks. I tried to move my number which I think is now done as my oroginal phone number shows up on myGoMo but I don't have any phone coverage or data. Do I need to buy the plan now or how do I go about getting coverage/data? Thanks in advance for any help.

Prior to porting over your number, did you happen to check the coverage and possibly speak to other who may have been on the Eir network? Also are you certain that your phone is unlocked to all networks.

I wouldn’t have a huge amount of sympathy for anyone who ports to a new network without either trying it out beforehand or speaking to people living/working with them or nearby first.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Prior to porting over your number, did you happen to check the coverage and possibly speak to other who may have been on the Eir network? Also are you certain that your phone is unlocked to all networks.

I wouldn’t have a huge amount of sympathy for anyone who ports to a new network without either trying it out beforehand or speaking to people living/working with them or nearby first.

Yes to both questions

You should have signal straight away after the porting is complete. Have you powered off the phone since the porting?

If you call your number from another phone what happens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Aquos76 wrote: »

Try toggling flight mode on for 30 Sec's and then off.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

how do you cancel gomo?

contacted them via the submission form on their website a week ago - no reply

contacted them via their complaints email requesting to cancel under 14 day cooling off period 3 days ago - no reply

i am just going to get billed and they will pretend i didnt contact them during the 14 day cooling off period to cancel? its a bit frustrating

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Prior to porting, did you check that the 085 number printed on the GoMo SIM matched the 085 number that appeared in your My GoMo account?

Sounds like you may be the latest of many who have been sent the wrong GoMo SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭rn

Yeah not getting texts from companies. Missed one from ikea today also that I know they sent.

I've logged two support requests. Neither have been answered yet, despite saying they'd be in touch with 24 hours. Not good.

Whoever coded up mobile Web site support page should be shot. You've to do so much scrolling to get your dob in 1970's. Free text should be allowed or leave birthday optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Dannyman76

I'm over two weeks trying. Porting to another network might be the only option

Quackster wrote: »
    Prior to porting, did you check that the 085 number printed on the GoMo SIM matched the 085 number that appeared in your My GoMo account?

Sounds like you may be the latest of many who have been sent the wrong GoMo SIM.

No I never checked that. When I try call it it says "This service is not available". Actually I just see that the pin that shows up on myGoMo online is different to the pin that came with the sim so possibly I got the wrong SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

currently getting throttled to 250 kbs definitely moving away from gomo as soon as three bring their price down to match gomo

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

fergus1001 wrote: »
    currently getting throttled to 250 kbs definitely moving away from gomo as soon as three bring their price down to match gomo

You use to your 80gb ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

yep just gone over 80 usually a fair usage policy is implemented on a consistent offender this is not what I got with three

also the download speed is around 4 mb/s usually I get 15-20 mb/s with three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

fergus1001 wrote: »

Slán leat a mhac :pac:

Advertisement