Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

fergus1001 wrote: »
    yep just gone over 80 usually a fair usage policy is implemented on a consistent offender this is not what I got with three

also the download speed is around 4 mb/s usually I get 15-20 mb/s with three

How'd you manage that ? When you get your SIM lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

currently getting throttled to 250 kbs definitely moving away from gomo as soon as three bring their price down to match gomo

3 are matching this offer....

You need to be a customer though....

Many got a call or contacted them and stated they were leaving to GoMo and they matched the price.

Where have you been???

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hellohi

Davy wrote: »
    Here is one you probably wont have heard as its pointless really.

Dial 1742 on GoMo :pac:
    It tells you your call history.....if thats something you need :P

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

BArra wrote: »
    how do you cancel gomo?

contacted them via the submission form on their website a week ago - no reply

contacted them via their complaints email requesting to cancel under 14 day cooling off period 3 days ago - no reply

i am just going to get billed and they will pretend i didnt contact them during the 14 day cooling off period to cancel? its a bit frustrating

does anyone have any advice, still no response to cancellation under 14 day cooling off, no reply either from their complaints email which promises contact back within 48HRS

highly frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Dannyman76

does anyone have any advice, still no response to cancellation under 14 day cooling off, no reply either from their complaints email which promises contact back within 48HRS

highly frustrating

Port to another network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

highly frustrating

I had an issue with a 2nd order. They amended my bill a day before it was due to leave the account and cancelled the order. I have now received a deactivated sim which I will be getting to reactivate otherwise il be cancelling the whole lot

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Dannyman76 wrote: »
    Port to another network
    I am trying to do this and go back to VF but need my account number from GoMo. I cannot login to GoMo and repeated attempts to reset my password are failing as not getting an email back from them to do so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Keano wrote: »
    I am trying to do this and go back to VF but need my account number from GoMo. I cannot login to GoMo and repeated attempts to reset my password are failing as not getting an email back from them to do so!!

They would have sent you the account number in an email. Would you still have it. The heading is "Welcome to GoMo".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Keano wrote:

Your account number is contained in the GoMo welcome email which you should have received.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Can only find one email from them, and that's about my next bill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Keano wrote:
    Can only find one email from them, and that's about my next bill!

Have you checked your junk mail folder?

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Have you checked your junk mail folder?
    Tried that too! Do not remember getting one and surprised if I deleted it :(

Would the account number be the same as the number I got in the text message?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Would the account number be the same as the number I got in the text message?

The only number I see in any texts I received is the order number.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Dannyman76

It's not easy to find. Look up your emails, there should be an account number on one of your first emails from GoMo

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

Yeah, it's gas, there is no sign of any account number under 'Account Details' online.
    One would imagine that it would be the ideal place to have such a detail, but obviously not GoMo.

Other than the welcome Email the only other place that I can find it is on the bill, but this is no use to Skinny90.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gerandy

Sparkrite wrote: »
    Yeah, it's gas, there is no sign of any account number under 'Account Details' online.
    One would imagine that it would be the ideal place to have such a detail, but obviously not GoMo.

Other than the welcome Email the only other place that I can find it is on the bill, but this is no use to Skinny90.

Same issue here with account number .There was no email with it. I had to get it through their online chat service whick took a good 15 minutes before they were able to give it to me. My account number still does not show up on my account details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dairymaid101

I've had the sim card active for 5 days now with no mobile internet. Tried the various APN suggestions and complete factory reset, no response from gomo but other posters with the same experience seem to find them useless, anyone any other ideas?

I've had the sim card active for 5 days now with no mobile internet. Tried the various APN suggestions and complete factory reset, no response from gomo but other posters with the same experience seem to find them useless, anyone any other ideas?

If it was me? I’d port to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭irishchris

Finally got ported away today to vodafone. Really disappointing that had to do it as was really looking forward to staying with this offer. Poor Network coverage, dreadful customer service,otp not working and no access to online banking etc meant I had no choice. Churn will be high unless they improve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

irishchris wrote: »
    Finally got ported away today to vodafone. Really disappointing that had to do it as was really looking forward to staying with this offer. Poor Network coverage, dreadful customer service,otp not working and no access to online banking etc meant I had no choice. Churn will be high unless they improve
    Network coverage won't change in the short run - it's the Eir network. I'm lucky not to have the other problems you mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭plasterman

Taking an inordinate amount of time to change the number over. Customer service is a joke. And while I accept fair usage policies are a good idea GoMo do throttle connections the moment the cap is reached. Down to dial up speeds within minutes of hitting it. So if you're going to skirt the data cap at all it's not worth it. Cancelling asap.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

How are people using 80GB of data in 19 days on a phone, seriously you people need to take a look at yourselves. And if people think 80GB is gonna be enough to use for the likes of Netflix while using it as a hotspot, they ye are deluded. Take out a proper broadband subscription.

Ported back to Vodafone today. It was not GoMo’s problem that my phone was locked but trying to get hold of them was extremely difficult and the coverage in my office was poor so I had to go back.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    How are people using 80GB of data in 19 days on a phone, seriously you people need to take a look at yourselves. And if people think 80GB is gonna be enough to use for the likes of Netflix while using it as a hotspot, they ye are deluded. Take out a proper broadband subscription.

What's your point?

People should analyse caps on 9.99 SIM only plans as an existential issue? Yeah right. 80GB isn't a massive amount of data in 2019 for mobile generally. People stream. Not complaining about 80GB at 9.99 a month nor do I have an issue with throttling per se but when "throttling" Gomo's case actually means making data unusable people are entitled to state they're not going to use it going forward without being told to "take a look at themselves".

80GB on a mobile phone is massive and there is actually no other provider offering that per month in Ireland, 3’s fair usage is actually 60gb. So have a go all you like at GoMo for sticking to their T&C’s which they clearly advertise btw.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    80GB on a mobile phone is massive and there is actually no other provider offering that per month in Ireland, 3’s fair usage is actually 60gb. So have a go all you like at GoMo for sticking to their T&C’s which they clearly advertise btw.

I didn't have a go at them. I simply stated it's not worth it for me and I'm cancelling. People need to calm down a bit.

So who were you with prior to moving to GoMo, and how much were you paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Aquos76 wrote:

because not everyone has access to high speed fixed line broadband

but after today hopefully that wont be a problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

because not everyone has access to high speed fixed line broadband

but after today hopefully that wont be a problem

You mean after 2026...

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement