Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

fergus1001 wrote: »
    because not everyone has access to high speed fixed line broadband

but after today hopefully that wont be a problem

I wouldn’t be putting much faith in the national BB plan, when it’s implemented the speeds they’ll offer will probably be comparable to dial up ye get today, compared to what others will be offering in 7 years.

Joking aside, but I still don’t understand how someone can use 80GB on a mobile phone in 19 days. Surely a mobile broadband package from 3 with a cap of 750gb for 20 a month on an offer would be a much better value package.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be putting much faith in the national BB plan, when it’s implemented the speeds they’ll offer will probably be comparable to dial up ye get today, compared to what others will be offering in 7 years.

Joking aside, but I still don’t understand how someone can use 80GB on a mobile phone in 19 days. Surely a mobile broadband package from 3 with a cap of 750gb for 20 a month on an offer would be a much better value package.
    People stream to other devices. In many parts of the country, speeds available on mobile data far exceed those available on a landline.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111801037&postcount=12

Yeah, but in all honesty 80GB won’t last any time if 2 or 3 other devices are all contributing to it. If someone is depending on a 9.99 mobile package to service their needs in their home, what do they really expect.

60mbps speeds are achievable in some places with GoMo and that would stream a 4K film on Netflix no bother and that would wipe out a large chunk of the 80GB allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Lissavane wrote: »
    People stream to other devices. In many parts of the country, speeds available on mobile data far exceed those available on a landline.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111801037&postcount=12
    Yeah, but in all honesty 80GB won’t last any time if 2 or 3 other devices are all contributing to it. If someone is depending on a 9.99 mobile package to service their needs in their home, what do they really expect.

60mbps speeds are achievable in some places with GoMo and that would stream a 4K film on Netflix no bother and that would wipe out a large chunk of the 80GB allowance.
    I'm attempting to explain, rather than argue. I enlarged on the topic in the post linked above. People with a lousy landline broadband service (I know one person who gets 1 to 2 Mbps) are using mobile data for this purpose, whether it makes sense to you or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Aquos76 wrote:

Doesn't the Three 750GB broadband package costs Eur 30.

• Advertisement

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Doesn't the Three 750GB broadband package costs Eur 30.

My mate has it for €20 per month, got a special offer a few weeks ago, got it for the full duration of the 18 months too. He also got it for his two grown up daughters and they all cancelled their dsl BB from eir, at best they could only get between 2-5mb. They use it for iptv and Netflix and they don’t have any issues with it.

I knew it was around €30 ok, but he and some of his work mates apparently have it for €20 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

My mate has it for €20 per month, got a special offer a few weeks ago, got it for the full duration of the 18 months too. He also got it for his two grown up daughters and they all cancelled their dsl BB from eir, at best they could only get between 2-5mb. They use it for iptv and Netflix and they don’t have any issues with it.

I knew it was around €30 ok, but he and some of his work mates apparently have it for €20 a month

People just put a €20 AYCE sim in a router and it works, as Three don't throttle.
    At home, I get up to 150Mb Download off peak, 30 to 40 in the evening on my phone.

I'd use it, but I'm on a good deal from Virgin, including TV and I'm also in need of constant speeds of about 100Mb for various people and devices.

I've used Three hotspot once or twice at the house when My Router was causing problems and it worked relatively OK.

For work I find the hotspot invaluable, I work out of customers offices all the time, and it saves me having to get put on their networks as a user or guest, which can waste time.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

80GB on a mobile phone is massive and there is actually no other provider offering that per month in Ireland, 3’s fair usage is actually 60gb. So have a go all you like at GoMo for sticking to their T&C’s which they clearly advertise btw.

In my day we had a gramophone and we were far happier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

There are posters in Trinity College advertising the Three 750 GB package for 20 EUR which I guess is a student price. The cost of excess usage above 750 GB is extremely high, which would put me off using it for home broadband.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Nightmare with GoMo since I tried to join up.

16.10.2019 ordered 2 sims. At that time you entered your current network details and arranged porting). Sims never arrived.

01.11.2019 ordered 2 more. Account online set up ok. Numbers assigned online. But then the sims arrived were different numbers to what was online so couldn’t arrange port.

Random sim arrived by post. Put in my phone and I was receiving calls and texts for a lad in Galway. Breach of data???

They sent our 2 new sims. Got random email saying they are to be cancelled and true to their word, SIM cards cancelled. Went dead. So I binned them. CC got in touch saying they will reactivate then. Too late sims gone to greyhound!

15.11.2019 ordered again. But this time used my work email and set up new online account. All perfect. Numbers assigned online and sims turned up with matching numbers. Went to port over and I can’t get an activation text because my numbers already have a port arranged. Which I presume is from the original order! Web chat team just can’t comprehend what’s happening and not able to help. I think GoMo is a NoMo for me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

yep just gone over 80 usually a fair usage policy is implemented on a consistent offender this is not what I got with three

also the download speed is around 4 mb/s usually I get 15-20 mb/s with three

To be fair they are covered in the T&Cs

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

I gave up trying to get in contact with gomo as SIM card won't work and they never responded to any of my messages. I posted the SIM back to Exertis stating I was returning it in the hope they would pass it back to gomo but a couple of days later it arrived back to me. Have contacted my bank so no money will be taken from my account. A total waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

It's been fine for me. I've been dual simming with Vodafone since I signed up as I had credit left with them. Vodafone definitely has the better coverage of the two, but in the areas I frequent, the Gomo/Eir coverage is good enough. Gomo/Eir may as well be non-existent on the northbound train line though, as I can never get a good data signal on the train home with them.

I'd be happy enough to permanently move to Gomo, but if I ever see a better Vodafone plan, I'd make the switch back in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Cabaal wrote:
    To be fair they are covered in the T&Cs

they might be but limiting the speed to make the internet unusable is not "unlimited data"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

How much would the general use of social media impact on 80GB per month?

A lot of providers don't count a lot of social media Apps against you data plan but as far as I know GoMo do.

I wouldn't be a big user of data so I still think 80GB is a fair amount.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

How much would the general use of social media impact on 80GB per month?

A lot of providers don't count a lot of social media Apps against you data plan but as far as I know GoMo do.

I wouldn't be a big user of data so I still think 80GB is a fair amount.

All networks count social media usage against your data allowance, there was a time when Eir and Meteor didn’t but not anymore. 48months say they give free WhatsApp data usage ok.

I would consider myself a heavy user and I wouldn’t go anywhere near 80GB. I don’t stream Netflix on my phone thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

All networks count social media usage against your data allowance, there was a time when Eir and Meteor didn’t but not anymore. 48months say they give free WhatsApp data usage ok.

I would consider myself a heavy user and I wouldn’t go anywhere near 80GB. I don’t stream Netflix on my phone thou.

My daughter is with three & it is her understanding that Social Media is not counted against her data plan. I must mention it to her that it might not be the case.

I'm enjoying my time with Gomo, no issues whatsoever. I wouldn't be a high user and after my first month I only used 17GB of the 80Gb so I'm well pleased with the 80GB cap.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ontheair79

Anyone having problems with roaming? Can not connect to any network providers in Poland. Checked in different towns and still no luck. Disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ontheair79

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Is Data Roaming on?

Of course is ON. Had working fine for 5 days and suddenly got disconnected and Can not connect to any network anymore. (No signal and all network shows as forbidden) second sim card from eir works perfectly. Please see attached screenshots.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

they might be but limiting the speed to make the internet unusable is not "unlimited data"

256k isn't usable internet, its not super vast but its perfectly usable

You really should choose a mobile provider that is suitable for your usage, 80GB for mobile is loads for vast majority of people. This is why reading T&C's is important ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

My daughter is with three & it is her understanding that Social Media is not counted against her data plan. I must mention it to her that it might not be the case.

I'm enjoying my time with Gomo, no issues whatsoever. I wouldn't be a high user and after my first month I only used 17GB of the 80Gb so I'm well pleased with the 80GB cap.

If your daughter is on prepaid with three, €20 per month, then it doesn't matter, Three have a fair usage of 60Gb Per Month, but they don't tend to enforce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭bren2001

It's been tedious with them so far. Ported my number over and have not been able to make calls or texts. Got onto the chat about it, they said it would be sorted. Now I've no signal anymore and they have not communicated what is happening i.e. have they issued a new sim or something. Live support cant tell me whats happening.

If it's not sorted by Monday, I'll be going back to Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ibmyself

Regarding Data: My Experience is you will be slowed down when you have used between 50 and 60GB's of data not 80GB as advertised. And by 'slowed down' they mean completely crippled to 25Kb/s at best.

Also they seem to be slowing the sending of the sim so you can't cancel within your cooling off period, it's already passed by the time you get the sim!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

ibmyself wrote: »
    Also they seem to be slowing the sending of the sim so you can't cancel within your cooling off period, it's already passed by the time you get the sim!

Ordered a sim Friday evening, delivered today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

ibmyself wrote:
    Regarding Data: My Experience is you will be slowed down when you have used between 50 and 60GB's of data not 80GB as advertised. And by 'slowed down' they mean completely crippled to 25Kb/s at best.

ibmyself wrote:

Sounds like a post for the conspiracy theories thread :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,201 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

bren2001 wrote: »
    It's been tedious with them so far. Ported my number over and have not been able to make calls or texts. Got onto the chat about it, they said it would be sorted. Now I've no signal anymore and they have not communicated what is happening i.e. have they issued a new sim or something. Live support cant tell me whats happening.

If it's not sorted by Monday, I'll be going back to Vodafone.

How do you intend to go back to Vodafone they need to send you a porting verification text which they won’t be able to do now if you can’t get texts.
    If they didn’t tell you they were sending you a new sim assume they haven’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Cabaal wrote:
    256k isn't usable internet, its not super vast but its perfectly usable

25kbps not 256k

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Greatos

kazzer wrote: »
    Similar. 13 WORKING days now and nothing. Two sims assigned and already a bill for two sims. WTF. A bill for what....I have no service...

I was advised by comreg to sent an email to complaints@gomo.ie and gomo responded to my email, they sent me my sim card after more than a month !!!
    Try it and dont forget to mention comreg in your email.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I'm only having one issue 3G/4G handover whenever my phone drops to 3G the only way I can get 4G back is to toggle aeroplane mode.

On a trip to Galway today I had 3G/H+ for most of the journey even though there was a good 4G signal. On the return journey I set my phone to 4G only and I had 4G pretty much all the way home so it appears there is some handover issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

How do you turn off the voicemail. I am getting pop ups saying a have new voice mail messages but I didnt set any up miss any calls.

Advertisement