Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    How do you turn off the voicemail. I am getting pop ups saying a have new voice mail messages but I didnt set any up miss any calls.

Dial ##002# to disable voicemail

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Dial ##002# to disable voicemail

Any chance you also know how to clear the pop up that says new voicemail?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Any chance you also know how to clear the pop up that says new voicemail?

I only know for Android:
    https://www.groovypost.com/howto/remove-annoying-voicemail-notification-android/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ERLUAD

I bought 4 sims for myself, herself and two boys.
    Porting was easy, no issues at all for all 4 numbers. Consistently getting 4g in South Dublin area.
    Far better than i was getting with three. Two boys would be heavier data users than me and i havent heard any complaints from them

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Soup Thief

I've just switched from Tesco mobile to GoMo (number ported half an hour ago)
    I have been getting occasional calls from boiler rooms in far flung countries for the past while (one a month tops)
    I got one call from Bolivia on my Tesco mobile sim moments before porting and one from Madagascar a few minutes after porting - both would have been on my regular number, just on the two different networks
    I didn't answer either of course, but it's not a great first encounter
    Aside from that the porting process was a breeze

Hope it's not all going to be nuisance calls though...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've just switched from Tesco mobile to GoMo (number ported half an hour ago)
    I have been getting occasional calls from boiler rooms in far flung countries for the past while (one a month tops)
    I got one call from Bolivia on my Tesco mobile sim moments before porting and one from Madagascar a few minutes after porting - both would have been on my regular number, just on the two different networks
    I didn't answer either of course, but it's not a great first encounter
    Aside from that the porting process was a breeze

Hope it's not all going to be nuisance calls though...

Those calls have nothing to do with the network you are on. They have your number.

Likely you're right and I'm just being overly suspitious - just seemed like a strange coincidence to get two calls so very close together within minutes of the switch, when I normally get them so rarely

EDIT - and 50 minutes later I've just had another call from Madagascar
    Something different happening today...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 jsoc

Maybe I missed similar experience above but anyone else find themselves in the following situation...

At the beginning of this week I (attempted to) port my Vodafone 087xxxx number to my gomo SIM (my original gomo number was 085xxx)
    I now see the 087 number in my GOMO account details
    I can make calls (087 number pops up on my work phone for example using gomo SIM) and I can use data from my gomo SIM but I cannot receive calls/txts to my gomo SIM when I call the 087 number (from my 01 work number for example)
    I have been on chat multiple times , but so far no resolution . The port has only partially worked.
    I've been told turn on/off phone, move to SIM to another phone, order a new SIM, cancel port (already (partially) ported..I cannot cancel!!!),
    retry port (always get the message..."Your port is rejected as there is already a move in progress..."

So SIM replacement on it's way and I've just think I'm been fobbed off for another few days.

The thing is...if I re-activate my vodafone SIM and de-active my gomo SIM then I can receive calls on it, use up my data allowance ..I can use it to call out as well...how can that be?
    I have two SIMs one belonging to gomo and one belonging to vodafone using the same 087 number???
    I'm at my wits end , I've "chatted" to up to 10 different names in gomo and I'm in half-way house hell and can't get out and no one within gomo has a clue how to fix it????
    I suspect vodafone are not playing nicely either here....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexphoenix

I put this up in 2 or 3 other threads yesterday but have since got my problem sorted. This may be of help to others:
    :mad: PROBLEM PORTING MY VODAFONE NUMBER TO GOMO :mad:

I have tried multiple times to port my Vodafone number to GoMo. Each time I enter the (correct) details and click the "Confirm" button, NOTHING HAPPENS!. This has been going on for over a month, ever since I received my GoMo SIM, which is lying unused in a drawer!

I have sent messages to GoMo via their website, and on Facebook. No response.
    If it is not sorted out this week I am taking it to Comreg!
    GoMo are charging me money for a service I cannot use with my existing number.
    My problem (until just now) was with Chrome, Firefox & Internet Explorer on my PC, and Firefox, on my phone. . It made no difference what browser I used!

I FINALLY FOUND A SOLUTION:

You have to visit your "account details" page FIRST

https://my.gomo.ie/offer

and then click the "move my number" link at the bottom left of that screen before you key in your details for porting your existing number to GoMo.
    It worked!

GoMo also ported my number over from Vodafone at 10AM today, on schedule.

Calls, texts and Voicemail are all working.

Hurrah! I'm a happy bunny now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Pls delete, solution found

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 jsoc

jsoc wrote: »
    Maybe I missed similar experience above but anyone else find themselves in the following situation...

At the beginning of this week I (attempted to) port my Vodafone 087xxxx number to my gomo SIM (my original gomo number was 085xxx)
    I now see the 087 number in my GOMO account details
    I can make calls (087 number pops up on my work phone for example using gomo SIM) and I can use data from my gomo SIM but I cannot receive calls/txts to my gomo SIM when I call the 087 number (from my 01 work number for example)
    I have been on chat multiple times , but so far no resolution . The port has only partially worked.
    I've been told turn on/off phone, move to SIM to another phone, order a new SIM, cancel port (already (partially) ported..I cannot cancel!!!),
    retry port (always get the message..."Your port is rejected as there is already a move in progress..."

So SIM replacement on it's way and I've just think I'm been fobbed off for another few days.

The thing is...if I re-activate my vodafone SIM and de-active my gomo SIM then I can receive calls on it, use up my data allowance ..I can use it to call out as well...how can that be?
    I have two SIMs one belonging to gomo and one belonging to vodafone using the same 087 number???
    I'm at my wits end , I've "chatted" to up to 10 different names in gomo and I'm in half-way house hell and can't get out and no one within gomo has a clue how to fix it????
    I suspect vodafone are not playing nicely either here....:mad:
    wow I have two SIMs for this account and guess what.... I was sent a replacement SIM for number I'm not having issues with...which also means I'm using up my free SIM allowance...even though none of this is my fault......worst support ever...I'm cancelling and getting the hell away from GOMO...luckily I still have my original numbers associated with vodafone.

Using NoPhoneSpam to block international numbers all has been good
    Generally good network speeds, though I can have a strong signal with no data transfer in busy places (eg middle of Dublin) at times when the data speed wasn't so bad on Tesco mobile
    Different networks I expect - and though the eir network is supposed to be pretty good, I guess GoMo will have 2nd tier contention, or however I should be phrasing that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

TPM wrote: »
    When i read the gomo offer it seemed like a no brainer as ive been on the eir network for many years in some form and have been happy enough with the network coverage. :)

So ordered up 4 sims, 2 on account for my wife and 2 on account for myself

2 Days later the 2 packages arrive, 2 sims for my wife, only one for me. :mad:

both sims on my wifes account activated an ported with out any trouble, or so we thought
    no access to mobile data, no settings to be found on their very sparce website.
    phone was set for meteor data anyway :confused:

The one sim that did arrive on my account will not register on the network and in mygomo is showing up as no numbers on my account.

ps any advice on getting the mobile data sorted is very welcome

now we move to customer service or lack of more like.

no online chat available any time i tried to access it

So I sent off a message about the missing sim, despite the claim to be contacted in 24 hrs it was close on 3 days before I received an email saying sims would be dispatches separately and take up to 5 working days to arrive.(despite the fact both sims for my wife arrived in one package) :confused:

still awaiting a reply in relation to the sim card that wont register or activate. :eek:

So it appears the reason that they can offer the deal they are is due to the fact that they have a pretty non existent customer service, which i suppose isnt a big deal untill things dont work the way they should :mad:

They are absolutely awful. I harressed them on twitter to try get refund nothing else worked.
    No matter what they have a tenner off everyone regardless completely outrageous ... never again ... was pre warned about Eir in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Any way to pay a bill other than the bank account I signed up with?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got my bill today for two phones, it was for 20.28? That's not 9.99 X 2 I thought.

Turns out they charge 30 cent for an mms text.

So it's not all calls, all texts and 80gb of data for €9.99

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Got my bill today for two phones, it was for 20.28? That's not 9.99 X 2 I thought.

Turns out they charge 30 cent for an mms text.

So it's not all calls, all texts and 80gb of data for €9.99

A text is a SMS. MMS are always categorised differently.
    Depending on the phone you have, which the MMS function off so you don't use it in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 donalmoore

TPM wrote: »
    When i read the gomo offer it seemed like a no brainer as ive been on the eir network for many years in some form and have been happy enough with the network coverage. :)

So ordered up 4 sims, 2 on account for my wife and 2 on account for myself

2 Days later the 2 packages arrive, 2 sims for my wife, only one for me. :mad:

both sims on my wifes account activated an ported with out any trouble, or so we thought
    no access to mobile data, no settings to be found on their very sparce website.
    phone was set for meteor data anyway :confused:

The one sim that did arrive on my account will not register on the network and in mygomo is showing up as no numbers on my account.

ps any advice on getting the mobile data sorted is very welcome

now we move to customer service or lack of more like.

no online chat available any time i tried to access it

So I sent off a message about the missing sim, despite the claim to be contacted in 24 hrs it was close on 3 days before I received an email saying sims would be dispatches separately and take up to 5 working days to arrive.(despite the fact both sims for my wife arrived in one package) :confused:

still awaiting a reply in relation to the sim card that wont register or activate. :eek:

So it appears the reason that they can offer the deal they are is due to the fact that they have a pretty non existent customer service, which i suppose isnt a big deal untill things dont work the way they should :mad:

Well done on getting an answer im waiting weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

My experience was good, but over the past 2 weeks, both mine and my missus mobile data speed has gone to absolutely laughable speeds, less than 1mbps each, no where near 80gb used so its not throttling, wouldn't have even gone past 3GB used yet.

We live in Navan which is not the country so no real reason to have poor connection, anyone else having awful Mobile Data speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Mine has been pretty regularly around the 1mb down. Once I saw 20mb down but it lasted a few mins.

Terrible for 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

gibgodsman wrote: »
    My experience was good, but over the past 2 weeks, both mine and my missus mobile data speed has gone to absolutely laughable speeds, less than 1mbps each, no where near 80gb used so its not throttling, wouldn't have even gone past 3GB used yet.

We live in Navan which is not the country so no real reason to have poor connection, anyone else having awful Mobile Data speeds?
    We live in Athboy and spend a lot of time in Navan as we used to live there.
    I'm on gomo and herself is on Eir. We have no coverage issues, indeed when we were living in Navan we found Eir to be the best network in terms of coverage so I'm surprised to hear of issues on gomo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

Any way to pay a bill other than the bank account I signed up with?

You can add/remove additional payment cards via MyGoMo and can change the default card they take payment from.

Mine has been pretty regularly around the 1mb down. Once I saw 20mb down but it lasted a few mins.

Terrible for 4G.

Guess it depends where you are -- anywhere remotely built up I get good 4G signal averaging around 25mbps but sometimes much faster (best so far was pushing 80mbps in Blackrock in Cork City the morning my number ported).

Coverage and speeds are, if anything, better than I was getting with 3 previously.

Thought I'd cross post my recent experience with GoMo customer support here... there's so much negative coverage on this thread, I thought some people might find it heartening to know that issues can indeed get resolved, and that GoMo customer support is not all bad:
    Just a quick note about GoMo customer support -- which is getting slated on Social media. My experience with support has been very positive. Four sims ported over without issue, but support always responded (not instantly, but usually within a couple of hours) to any queations I had via Webchat AND Twitter DM.

Great!

Then, last weekend I came to port the fifth and final family member's number and at first couldn't schedule it. Support confirmed via Twitter DM that there was an issue with the confirm button on the Move My Number page, and that they were working on it. Tried again later and it worked so port scheduled for 10am on Sunday.

Port went ahead as planned, and appeared to work, but while the number could receive calls my daughter couldn't make calls or send texts. Mobile data was working though. Back on to support (Twitter DM again -- seems to be the most responsive channel, although I've always had a reply via webchat too when I've tried it), who promised to escalate it to the technical team. On Monday morning everything started to work properly -- I thought "Brilliant!" -- but a couple of hours later her sim stopped picking up a signal entirely. So back onto support -- who escalated the issue.

Turned out to be a more complex issue than it appeared on the surface, relating to blocks on the core network that weren't lifted as they should have been during the porting process. GoMo's support explained their team has no access to the core elements of the network, but that they were working with their partners to resolve the issue as soon as possible. They kept me in the loop at every stage of the investigation, and escalated the problem as necessary to find a solution.

Yesterday lunchtime everything suddenly started working for her, so she's delighted.

While it was a frustrating experience, and shouldn't have happened (it took from Sunday lunchtime to Wednesday lunchtime to resolve), I can't really fault the service from GoMo support throughout the process.

My experience is completely at odds with other reports online -- but then I was never expecting to be able to pick up the phone and ring GoMo, or to walk into a store if things went awry. My expectations were always for online only support (which I prefer anyway) and GoMo came through with flying colours in that regard.

It's easily the BEST support experience I've had with ANY mobile phone operator over the last 20 years.

All five of us on Gomo now -- less than €50 a month for the whole families calls, texts and data -- fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

I tried out a GOMO sim for 3 weeks before Porting.
    Set up porting for 1600 today. At approx 1700 --lost signal on my Eir Sim and got text "Welcome to GOMO" . However while I can get incoming calls, I have no data and am barred from outgoing calls.
    Contacted customer service and was fobbed off with various advice , ie was my phone barred -not, switch off and on no good, they could post out a new sim.

Eventually told port could take up to 24 hrs and to contact them at 1550 tomorrow.
    So I face the prospect of being at least 24 hours hours without a service.

I told customer care how shabby gomo service was and would probably port back out --if I can ever get my number again.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    Set up porting for 1600 today. At approx 1700 --lost signal on my Eir Sim and got text "Welcome to GOMO" . However while I can get incoming calls, I have no data and am barred from outgoing calls.
    Contacted customer service and was fobbed off with various advice , ie was my phone barred -not, switch off and on no good, they could post out a new sim.

Eventually told port could take up to 24 hrs and to contact them at 1550 tomorrow.

I told customer care how shabby gomo service was and would probably port back out --if I can ever get my number again.
    Sorry to hear that. Looks like you did everything by the book. I too have delayed porting until I thought teething problems were solved and was about to do so in the next day or so.
    Please let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Thought I'd cross post my recent experience with GoMo customer support here... there's so much negative coverage on this thread, I thought some people might find it heartening to know that issues can indeed get resolved, and that GoMo customer support is not all bad:

You were one of the few lucky ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Service is very flakey compared to three's all you can eat plan. Was getting a steady 3g coverage with 3, while gomo fluctuates wildy from 2 to 4g.
    You pay for what you get I suppose.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Service is very flakey compared to three's all you can eat plan. Was getting a steady 3g coverage with 3, while gomo fluctuates wildy from 2 to 4g.
    You pay for what you get I suppose.
    It's related to your location. For my frequent locations, service is better than 3 and identical to Meteor / Eir.

yrreg0850 wrote: »

Sounds like the same thing as happened with my daughter's port -- GoMo support was very helpful (via Twitter DM mainly). Apparently it turned out to be a core network issue, and GoMo team couldn't resolve it themselves. They escalated it and kept following up, kept me informed at every stage and eventually got it sorted. It took a couple of days to get to the bottom of it, but the support person on @gomoirelandcare Twitter DM I was dealing with was excellent.

So it is sortable. Good luck... hope it works out. Five of us on Gomo now, and all delighted with the service. That one porting issue was the only hiccup, and I was pretty happy with the way it was handled, even if it did take longer than perhaps it should have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

You can add/remove additional payment cards via MyGoMo and can change the default card they take payment from.

Legend thanks very much for this.

Advertisement