Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Sounds like the same thing as happened with my daughter's port -- GoMo support was very helpful (via Twitter DM mainly). Apparently it turned out to be a core network issue, and GoMo team couldn't resolve it themselves. They escalated it and kept following up, kept me informed at every stage and eventually got it sorted. It took a couple of days to get to the bottom of it, but the support person on @gomoirelandcare Twitter DM I was dealing with was excellent.

So it is sortable. Good luck... hope it works out. Five of us on Gomo now, and all delighted with the service. That one porting issue was the only hiccup, and I was pretty happy with the way it was handled, even if it did take longer than perhaps it should have.

They don't seem to have learned anything from your problem.
    I am now almost 20 hours without an essential phone line and , have just spent a frustrating hour on to support and,asked to virtually everything except stand on my hands!.
    Like you I have several family members depending on my port before they port and have advised gomo accordingly. I have given them two hours to solve or I will cancel port and revert back.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

Used gomo for about 1 month in cork city suburb, full 4g coverage at home and work. Initially speeds are good at around 12 - 20 mb download. Then as the weeks went on noticed the speeds decreasing. Eventually last week of use speeds were 1 - 3 mb. Eventually just ported to vodafone PAYG and back to to 80+ mb speeds. Gomo is good for calls and texts, but data not so good, well thats my experience anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

ELM327 wrote: »
    We live in Athboy and spend a lot of time in Navan as we used to live there.
    I'm on gomo and herself is on Eir. We have no coverage issues, indeed when we were living in Navan we found Eir to be the best network in terms of coverage so I'm surprised to hear of issues on gomo.

I never said there was coverage issues, our coverage is always perfect, but the data speeds are awful even on full coverage, started out about 20-30mbps, now its lucky to get above 3

Lissavane wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. Looks like you did everything by the book. I too have delayed porting until I thought teething problems were solved and was about to do so in the next day or so.
    Please let us know how you get on.
    Just to update.
    I am now 25 hours without a working mobile in spite of several chats with customer service and on twitter.

I have advisd them that the other family members will not now port and , if mine ever succeeds I will port out again or, if necessary cut my losses and get a new number. Obviously not from GOMO.
    This will be a last resort as I have my existing number for in excess of 20 years.

Final UPDATE
    Eventually after 25 hours without a phone , several rather nasty chats, and, similar tweets, GoMO eventually said that my porting was "stuck in cyberspace" and they would escalate it.

I cannot see why, in this day and age they have to wait in excess of 24 hours to escalate a problem, when porting should happen within one hour max.

So 3.5 hours later I got a text "welcome to GOMO" and believe it my phone now works.
    However I do not think I will stay with them and, my other family members are certainly not going to port in.

Total down time 28.5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Clone

Hi,

I posted earlier in this thread about my experience and wanted to give some feedback and summarise my overall experience.

I have come to learn my issue stemmed from being issued the incorrect SIM. In hindsight this is identifiable if the details on the Sim you recieve in the post don't match what is in your online account (PIN & PUK). I reieved some messages for someone else so this was a clear indicator the number I had on the Sim was in use.

I contacted GoMo through webchat. It did take a while but given the issues they had to deal with I accepted it. They were very helpful and issued a new SIM. I got this later in the post and confirmed all the details matched.
    I had to contact them again to get the new SIM activated. This took a bit longer to get through to Webchat but I eventually did.

Once the SIM was activated I started the Porting process. I put my old sim in my phone, started the process, entered the code that was sent to my phone and scheduled a time.

The time came, my old sim stopped working. I put in the new sim and waited a little, restarted and all is working as expected. All in all it took about an hour but I think it would have gone through quicker if I had restarted sooner.

Another SIM was ordered in my household, details matched out of the box so only had to put it in, enter pin to activate the GoMo sim.
    Setup port as above but this time restarted immediately and everything working as expected. This was done within 10 minutes.

I have no problem with coverage or data. I was on the Eir network previously and I am assuming it is exactly the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Hi all just wondering did this happen to anyone else. I book my porting date for yesterday the 5th, for 14:30,it took 24 hours to port over, had no problem with that. The problem I'm having is, I can't receive calls or texts, I can make calls and texts and my data is working, just can't receive them, it's like I've partly ported over.
    The network I was with was virgin mobile. I contacted gomo support and was told it may take another 48 hours. My wife ported over as well no problem with her, she has the same phone as me as well.
    Any help at all would very much appreciated it,
    Tks

JAMCAR wrote: »
    Hi all just wondering did this happen to anyone else. I book my porting date for yesterday the 5th, for 14:30,it took 24 hours to port over, had no problem with that. The problem I'm having is, I can't receive calls or texts, I can make calls and texts and my data is working, just can't receive them, it's like I've partly ported over.
    The network I was with was virgin mobile. I contacted gomo support and was told it may take another 48 hours. My wife ported over as well no problem with her, she has the same phone as me as well.
    Any help at all would very much appreciated it,
    Tks

My post is just above yours . My time was 1600 yesterday from Eir which is their sister network.
    I was the opposite to you I was getting calls and texts in but no outgoing.
    It should have only taken max 1 Hour.
    I pestered Gomo via chat and twitter but, they refused to take any action until 24 hours had elapsed. After 25 hours they eventually advise I was "stuck in cyberspace!!. I then told them that it is they who were stuck.

I was a total of 28.5 hours without outgoing calls.

I got a tweet from them this AM advising me I was now over.
    I replied that in this day of rapid switching they should take action after 1 hour. ---"They would pass on my observations"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

28 hours? Pffft. I'm now 5weeks without my number thanks to gomo, a number I've had for 25 years. Comreg are trying to sort it now.

Hi all my sim card is stuck between two networks I can make calls send texts with Gomo. To receive calls I have to turn my Virgin Mobile sim on. Which I ported over 24 hours ago.
    I contacted support, they say its a sim problem, did this happen to anyone else
    Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

What sort of download speeds are people getting? Tried the sim in a couple of phones on different locations and tend to get 2-5mbps max

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    Just to update.
    I am now 25 hours without a working mobile in spite of several chats with customer service and on twitter.

I have advisd them that the other family members will not now port and , if mine ever succeeds I will port out again or, if necessary cut my losses and get a new number. Obviously not from GOMO.
    This will be a last resort as I have my existing number for in excess of 20 years.

Final UPDATE
    Eventually after 25 hours without a phone , several rather nasty chats, and, similar tweets, GoMO eventually said that my porting was "stuck in cyberspace" and they would escalate it.

I cannot see why, in this day and age they have to wait in excess of 24 hours to escalate a problem, when porting should happen within one hour max.

So 3.5 hours later I got a text "welcome to GOMO" and believe it my phone now works.
    However I do not think I will stay with them and, my other family members are certainly not going to port in.

Total down time 28.5 hours.

No gain without pain :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

masterK wrote: »
    What sort of download speeds are people getting? Tried the sim in a couple of phones on different locations and tend to get 2-5mbps max
    It depends on location, obviously. In my usual locations in North Galway / South Mayo, I get from 9 to a best of 42 Mbps download. 42 was in Claremorris town. I just did a check right now and got 20.37 down and 6.37 up, connected to a server in Carlow.
    I've a dual SIM phone with both Three and Gomo and find that voice seems better on Gomo, regardless of what bars show on the phone. Just my experience - other people's may differ.

On 04/12 I had scheduled a port in for 1600.
    My previous entry outlines the saga , Having being "Stuck in Cyberspace" I did get service 28.5 hours later.

At 1927 that day, I sent an Email to customer care in outlining my problem.

Yesterday 11/12 I got the following reply to my email :

Okay, what I will need you to do is to remove the SIM from the current handset and place in a second phone. Then, monitor it for 24 to 48 hours to see if the issue persists. The reason being is we need to see if its an issue with the handset or a network issue.

Some service.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

5561725487.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I constantly get pages not loading, apps taking an age to download, data dropping etc. Thankfully i've a dual sim phone with work sim as a backup for data but I find that their data is terrible. I've been onto them about it to get the crappy responses that building insulation, obstructions bla bla bla affect the signal to which I advised them that this is the same everywhere, whether I'm inside/outside and in every part of the country! Yesterday I was struggling to get the phone working, id calls constantly dropping and in the end had to ring back using the work number. I tried calling myself via a landline and got my voicemail despite having 2 bars signal showing! It seemed to correct itself after i rebooted the phone but it was strange that it was limited to the GoMo sim only. Ive had no issues on the other sim (Three).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Hello all...

My partners mother switched to Gomo from Three, ported her number and all seemed well.....

We then discovered that anyone on the Vodafone network can not call her (Texts come through OK) the Vodafone caller gets a number does not exist tone.

We have contacted Gomo multiple times and they other than to say they are looking into it 2 weeks ago, they have not responded to out messages.

Does anyone have any idea how I can contact them other than the on line messages?

Did anyone else have this problem?

I had porting problems with them , --waiting 28 hours for a port.

Sent email after 25 hours followed by a tweet after 27- seemed to do trick.

Got a reply to email after 8 days -advising me to try sim in a different phone.

Several other family members were waiting for me to port but, now all 5 have abandoned GoMo .

I myself am just waiting for a time when I can manage without my phone for few days to port out again.

Some service.

The tweet address I used was @gomoirelandcare send them a Direct message (DM)

I'm with Gomo a week today, myself and herself switched to Gomo last week
    No problem,
    With the wifes phone, but my phone was stuck between Virgin Mobile. And Gomo, I could make calls on one and receive on the other, had to carry 2 phones around with me. The kept saying it was a sim problem, it was sorted out by Wednesday. My problem now is its like my 4G is not active, my house is right beside a 4G tower, still no joy, I'm on my 3th sim card now, tried my sim in 3 different handsets. There live chat is not great. I should have stayed with previous provider, you definitely get what you pay for,

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

Anyone else not getting text messages or calls through past few days? Been onto gomo chat and they say it may take 5 days to resolve and call problem is at Vodafone's end?

Also, not getting any verified by visa texts through so now can't use my card online and they say there is nothing they can do.

Guess thats me leaving GoMo. Useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Also, not getting any verified by visa texts through so now can't use my card online and they say there is nothing they can do.

I've received the verified by visa texts no problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I've received the verified by visa texts no problem

I have received them too, no problem.

Something other than GoMo to blame for that posters issue.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I'm reluctant to criticise the service given what I consider great value for money however this evening I received an email informing me my phone number was not connecting, this is the 3rd or 4th person to have mentioned this to me in recent weeks.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭sineadgalway

Unlikely, it was working before I switched and not working since I switched? Still no Vodafone calls coming through

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭WildIreland

Anyone else not getting text messages or calls through past few days? Been onto gomo chat and they say it may take 5 days to resolve and call problem is at Vodafone's end?

Guess thats me leaving GoMo. Useless.

Why would you leave GoMo for a problem that's on Vodafone's side?

Verified by Visa texts come through fine on GoMo -- or at least, they do for me -- so again, perhaps not a GoMo issue and the problem lies elsewhere. In my experience Verified by Visa has always been an unwieldy and cumbersome process. I literally groan every time it pops up.

Absolutely, when GoMo are at fault, call them out on it, but I find it hard to understand why people seem so ready to blame GoMo for problems that are occuring on other networks/are outside their control (i.e. delays with phone unlock codes, vodafone calls and texts not reaching them, etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

Why would you leave GoMo for a problem that's on Vodafone's side?

Verified by Visa texts come through fine on GoMo -- or at least, they do for me -- so again, perhaps not a GoMo issue and the problem lies elsewhere. In my experience Verified by Visa has always been an unwieldy and cumbersome process. I literally groan every time it pops up.

Absolutely, when GoMo are at fault, call them out on it, but I find it hard to understand why people seem so ready to blame GoMo for problems that are occuring on other networks/are outside their control (i.e. delays with phone unlock codes, vodafone calls and texts not reaching them, etc.).

if you read the threads with Gomo there is a tonne of the same issues with 2fa not working on Gomo. Gomo themeselves have emailed customers stating that this is not a supported route but also that there is nothing that the can do...
    This is not the response you want to get from any network
    I have also checked my terms and there is no mention of "supported routes"
    So not only are they not providing an adequate service for 2019 consumer but they are making up their terms as they see fit

JAMCAR wrote: »
    I'm with Gomo a week today, myself and herself switched to Gomo last week
    No problem,
    With the wifes phone, but my phone was stuck between Virgin Mobile. And Gomo, I could make calls on one and receive on the other, had to carry 2 phones around with me. The kept saying it was a sim problem, it was sorted out by Wednesday. My problem now is its like my 4G is not active, my house is right beside a 4G tower, still no joy, I'm on my 3th sim card now, tried my sim in 3 different handsets. There live chat is not great. I should have stayed with previous provider, you definitely get what you pay for,

Does that 4G tower include EirMobile? If it's Vodafone or Three then it's not going to help your Eir 4G coverage. When there's a 4G signal I find my GoMo data speeds comparable or better than I've experienced on other networks around County Cork.

Are you getting a good 4G signal anywhere? If not then it's likely a setting in your phone (either the network manually set to 3G as a preference, or maybe the wrong APN settings).

I have five family members on GoMo -- slight issues porting one of the numbers but all resolved fairly painlessly in the end -- great connection for calls and data on all 5 sims so far.

At home (rural West Cork) where we only get a 3G connection typically from 4-8mbps down (which is grand as generally using the WiFi network at home anyway).

When in town on 4G then generally from 12-50mbps depending on when and where, averaging from 20-25mbps -- which is comparable to other networks I've used.

Fastest I've recorded on GoMo 4G in Ireland was 72mbps down in Blackrock, Cork City. Fastest I've recorded since switching to GoMo was while roaming on the EE network in rural North Wales where I had 103mbps down.

All in all very happy with the service. On the data front it's comparable to, if not slightly better than 3, who I was with previously. When visiting my parents in North Wales the signal is infinitely better than I was getting with 3.

skinny90 wrote: »
    if you read the threads with Gomo there is a tonne of the same issues with 2fa not working on Gomo. Gomo themeselves have emailed customers stating that this is not a supported route but also that there is nothing that the can do...
    This is not the response you want to get from any network
    I have also checked my terms and there is no mention of "supported routes"
    So not only are they not providing an adequate service for 2019 consumer but they are making up their terms as they see fit

I've seen some of the threads, yes, and of course it must be infuriating for those affected. I'm simply flagging that in my experience GoMo seems to work fine with every 2FA login/verification process I've tried to date.

Of course, that doesn't help people for whom it's not working... it just means it's not as simple as "GoMo doesn't work". That inconsistency potentially makes it trickier to pinpoint and resolve.

While it may indeed be a problem on the underlying network, something GoMo staff don't have direct access to, I agree the "nothing we can do" response simply isn't good enough. At the very least Customer Support need to escalate the problem to a team on their partner network who have the relevant permissions/ access to investigate and resolve the issue, and they need to keep the customer informed at each stage of the process.

That's exactly what happened with a porting issue I had with one of the five sims I got for the family. It was an issue on what they dubed the "Core Network", they couldn't access the relevant database, so they escalated the issue to a technical team who did (outside GoMo) for resolution. It took a couple of days back and forth, trying different things, but I was kept abreast of developments at each stage and eventually it was sorted and we've had no problems since.

GoMo customer support seems to be a bit of a mixed bag -- the experience seems to depend on who you end up chatting to. I've found Twitter DM to be consistently the best support route (@GomoIrelandCare)... followed by web-chat. Don't bother with the Facebook page/messenger. I haven't really tried the email route... though I expect that would be a very long, drawn out process.

You have to be persistent and try to stay civil (it's a challenge at times), but generally I've found the standard of support I've experienced, while not exactly speedy, is on a par with, or perhaps even a tad better than other mobile networks I've dealt with (over the years I've been with O2, Vodafone, Meteor, Three and now GoMo).

Of course using Mobile Phone Networks as a customer support benchmark sets the bar very, very low! They could all do a LOT better.

Hopefully this 2FA issue some people ae experiencing, and the issue with receiving calls from the Vodafone network, are technical blips on the underlying network that will be resolved soon. When it's working properly GoMo is really very good, and offesr great value for money.

Best of luck getting your issue resolved.

Does that 4G tower include EirMobile? If it's Vodafone or Three then it's not going to help your Eir 4G coverage. When there's a 4G signal I find my GoMo data speeds comparable or better than I've experienced on other networks around County Cork.

Are you getting a good 4G signal anywhere? If not then it's likely a setting in your phone (either the network manually set to 3G as a preference, or maybe the wrong APN settings).

I have five family members on GoMo -- slight issues porting one of the numbers but all resolved fairly painlessly in the end -- great connection for calls and data on all 5 sims so far.

It's definitely a eir 4G tower, my phone is working fine, my wife has the same handset as me, she is getting 4G no problem, All settings are correct, its just like 4G is dedeactivated on my account, Gomo are looking it to it for me, its be 5 days now,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭skinny90

I've seen some of the threads, yes, and of course it must be infuriating for those affected. I'm simply flagging that in my experience GoMo seems to work fine with every 2FA login/verification process I've tried to date.

Of course, that doesn't help people for whom it's not working... it just means it's not as simple as "GoMo doesn't work". That inconsistency potentially makes it trickier to pinpoint and resolve.

While it may indeed be a problem on the underlying network, something GoMo staff don't have direct access to, I agree the "nothing we can do" response simply isn't good enough. At the very least Customer Support need to escalate the problem to a team on their partner network who have the relevant permissions/ access to investigate and resolve the issue, and they need to keep the customer informed at each stage of the process.

That's exactly what happened with a porting issue I had with one of the five sims I got for the family. It was an issue on what they dubed the "Core Network", they couldn't access the relevant database, so they escalated the issue to a technical team who did (outside GoMo) for resolution. It took a couple of days back and forth, trying different things, but I was kept abreast of developments at each stage and eventually it was sorted and we've had no problems since.

GoMo customer support seems to be a bit of a mixed bag -- the experience seems to depend on who you end up chatting to. I've found Twitter DM to be consistently the best support route (@GomoIrelandCare)... followed by web-chat. Don't bother with the Facebook page/messenger. I haven't really tried the email route... though I expect that would be a very long, drawn out process.

You have to be persistent and try to stay civil (it's a challenge at times), but generally I've found the standard of support I've experienced, while not exactly speedy, is on a par with, or perhaps even a tad better than other mobile networks I've dealt with (over the years I've been with O2, Vodafone, Meteor, Three and now GoMo).

Of course using Mobile Phone Networks as a customer support benchmark sets the bar very, very low! They could all do a LOT better.

Hopefully this 2FA issue some people ae experiencing, and the issue with receiving calls from the Vodafone network, are technical blips on the underlying network that will be resolved soon. When it's working properly GoMo is really very good, and offesr great value for money.

Best of luck getting your issue resolved.

Yup I agree.. I have also had issues solved via the email. They never confirm resolution mind you but the issues I have had were solved(billing issues etc)

I do agree with the twitter over chat

It seems like their finding issues as they go on.

The annoying is that even if it is a core network issu, the core network and gomo whilst are separate network entities are in fact the same company..

if it were 48 or tesco or an post i could understand

Advertisement