Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo experience not good so far

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

On Vodafone X plan 20 a month for 30gb, 100 mins and unlimited texts, with unlimited usage Friday 3pm to midnight Sunday. Can also use data abroad.Really happy with Vodafone the last few years and 20 a month is perfect.

Will it even be worth it to move over to Gomo for the sake of saving a tenner? Vodafone customer service is excellent and I always get 4g at home and in work (South Meath & Citywest)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Set port time for 9am this morning from 48. All done and up and running by 10.20am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Mine ported pretty much at the minute I selected. Had to set up the APN to get data (got it from on here somewhere - I'm clueless at this stuff)

Signal as good as before (previously an Eir customer) as to be expected

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

rizzee wrote: »
    On Vodafone X plan 20 a month for 30gb, 100 mins and unlimited texts, with unlimited usage Friday 3pm to midnight Sunday. Can also use data abroad.Really happy with Vodafone the last few years and 20 a month is perfect.

Will it even be worth it to move over to Gomo for the sake of saving a tenner?

You will save €120 per year, go from limited calls to unlimited calls and from 30 GB to 80 GB. You could always try to service, with little risk attached and switch back if you have any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

Pen Rua wrote: »
    Text from Three to say my number has been cleared to port. It came exactly one hour from the time I selected to port on Go Mo’s website.

And it appears the port is done.

Data is equivalent to Three in Cork. Have made 1 call, no issues and sent a handful of SMS, no issues & the correct number is coming through for the other person.

There was some hassle with my iMessage but it appears to be resolved. Naturally, not a Go Mo problem.

Let’s see how this month goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

When I first saw the offer it was a total no-brainer but then you discover it’s run by Eir, quite possibly the worst-run telecom company in the world. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

corsav6 wrote: »
    I s
    So far the service is identical in most areas, the exception is our house where I can now make calls indoors instead of having to go outside. .

You should definitely complain to comreg. Absolutely scandalous service :D

I jest:)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Clone wrote: »
    Adding my 2 cents in here.

I signed up and ordered a SIM. I was holding off porting over until my current contract runs out.

Today I decided to put the GoMo SIM in my phone. I got a welcome message from the network and then 2 messages that seem to be for someone else.

I compared the phone, Pin and PUK number on the card that the SIM came in to the details on line and they do not match. :confused:
    Reported to GoMo will see what they say.

I had scheduled my porting for today but now cancelled it as I am concerned I will loose my number and just concerned overall about the service.

I might do some data speed testing.

Interested to hear more about peoples experiences. Don't really need the headache of loosing my long term number.

Not a great start. I could end up paying for this experience and in the end will go back to my current provider.

GoMo have sent you someone else's SIM. If you can, you should try get in contact with that person and post the SIM to them so at least they'd be sorted. It's also quite possible they have received your SIM. If all you do is contact GoMo customer service, it could be weeks before things are resolved.

If everyone who has been sent the wrong GoMo SIM takes the initiative of trying to contact the person it was meant for and sending it on to them, it'll take a bit of pressure off a very-overwhelmed GoMo CS and ensure a quicker resolution all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

[quote="Quackster;111666843"

If everyone who has been sent the wrong GoMo SIM takes the initiative of trying to contact the person it was meant for and sending it on to them, it'll take a bit of pressure off a very-overwhelmed GoMo CS and ensure a quicker resolution all round.[/quote]

😂😂😂 let's do their job for them!

physioman wrote: »
    😂😂😂 let's do their job for them!

If it sorts people out faster, then yes. Better than cutting off one's nose to spite one's face!

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    If it sorts people out faster, then yes. Better than cutting off one's nose to spite one's face!

No not really. They are getting paid to do their job.

No not really. They are getting paid to do their job.

What a selfish attitude.

If you were one of those who have posted in these threads who's existing SIM has died but their number hasn't ported to the GoMo SIM they have (or they haven't even received a GoMo SIM) and you were contacted by someone who had a GoMo SIM with your number ported to it, you'd be most grateful if they were to send that on to you rather than having to wait days, or weeks, for GoMo CS to sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

If everyone who has been sent the wrong GoMo SIM takes the initiative of trying to contact the person it was meant for and sending it on to them, it'll take a bit of pressure off a very-overwhelmed GoMo CS and ensure a quicker resolution all round.

How do you propose doing that? You can't just ring them for obvious reasons.

Apart from that, you will be billed for that SIM, so do you really want to hand it to someone else? This is clearly a problem that only GoMo can fix.

zynaps wrote: »
    How do you propose doing that? You can't just ring them for obvious reasons.

Apart from that, you will be billed for that SIM, so do you really want to hand it to someone else? This is clearly a problem that only GoMo can fix.

Someone else's number is ported to the SIM you have. You start receiving calls & texts on that number. You explain the situation to the caller/texter and ask them to put you in contact with the owner of the number. Simples.

As you have received the WRONG SIM, you're not being billed for it, the person who's number was ported to the SIM is being billed for it. You can confirm this be logging into My GoMo and you'll see that the number listed there is not the number that has been ported onto the SIM, it's either your own number or another 085 number or no number at all.

Your SIM has either been sent to someone else or is still sitting on a warehouse somewhere. If you continue using the SIM you received knowing that someone else's number had been ported to it, you may well be breaking the law.

As you have received the WRONG SIM, you're not being billed for it, the person who's number was ported to the SIM is being billed for it. You can confirm this be logging into My GoMo and you'll see that the number listed there is not the number that has been ported into the SIM, it's either your own number or another 085 number.
    In that scenario you're right, if the numbers don't match. I'd like to know how many people are in that situation, rather than GoMo actually assigning them the wrong number in the first place.

Either way, GoMo have a lot to answer for here. Since my number was "lost" I've been calling it every day to check that it hasn't been resurrected on someone else's phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Pinapples

Another person here sent the wrong SIM.

Would encourage people to check the numbers on their online account vs the number on the physical SIM card. I'd say some of the logistics behind this is being done manually, and the wrong Sims are going out to some people.

Managed to catch it before my old number was ported. Spoke to a gent on the web chat who is arranging a new SIM.

What a selfish attitude.

If you were one of those who have posted in these threads who's existing SIM has died but their number hasn't ported to the GoMo SIM they have (or they haven't even received a GoMo SIM) and you were contacted by someone who had a GoMo SIM with your number ported to it, you'd be most grateful if they were to send that on to you rather than having to wait days, or weeks, for GoMo CS to sort you out.

Selfish attitude? Go away will you. Fair enough if it was one SIM that went astray but it appears to be several. You would defend their incompetence to the last. At the end of a day they are a business out to make money. They should provide a service they promised without expecting the customer to do the work for them

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Think I might just use the number assigned to me for a month or so and inform people of the number change . Just get them to add the number to my contact in their phones . Once the backlog for porting settles down it might be a more straight forward switch.

Lennyzip wrote: »
    Think I might just use the number assigned to me for a month or so and inform people of the number change . Just get them to add the number to my contact in their phones . Once the backlog for porting settles down it might be a more straight forward switch.
    Depending on how you have things set up, it could be a problem if you have 2FA set up on lots of things. For example, if I get logged out of Gmail I won't be able to log in again. The same applies for online banking and access to sites like Github.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 prf

one more with the same problem ,Sim delivered Friday 1 October ,discovered different set of pin and puk codes listed on my account to what is listed on the sim holder.Cannot activate sim in my phone.I am not porting my existing number to this sim,I just want o put it in a router.Contacted Gomo through their site and have not received a reply.I was intending to move 2 numbers to this network,but think I will wait and see what say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

My number was supposed to port at 10.01 yesterday morning, it is now 18.30 the following day and no sign of the move. Worst of all, I cant even get in contact with CS, just keep getting an error message. Not impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Set my port for 5pm yesterday & noticed that a message on the site indicated the time was not available. Changed it to 9.15 this morning. Checked about 9.30 & the site indicated port was in progress. Was complete just after 10, everything working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

Depending on how you have things set up, it could be a problem if you have 2FA set up on lots of things. For example, if I get logged out of Gmail I won't be able to log in again. The same applies for online banking and access to sites like Github.

Ah , like a verification message text for the likes of PayPal, etc . I rarely use anything like that but once I know the SIM and phone is behaving like it should I'll go into the settings of those individual accounts and change the number if required .

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Still having a nightmare with them here, port started on Tuesday as planned but it's not finished Andi have been unable to receive calls or texts since.

The only way to contact them properly seems to be through chat on the website. Every other platform (Twitter/Facebook etc.) seems to be utterly random with them responding sporadically and 12hrs + between answers.

Selfish attitude? Go away will you. Fair enough if it was one SIM that went astray but it appears to be several. You would defend their incompetence to the last. At the end of a day they are a business out to make money. They should provide a service they promised without expecting the customer to do the work for them

I'm certainly not defending their incompetence. On the contrary, I'd be the first to publicly berate them as they deserve to be.

What I care about most though is to see their customers who have been left without service, have their service restored ASAP. By whatever means necessary.

If you continue using the SIM you received knowing that someone else's number had been ported to it, you may well be breaking the law.
    What I care about most though is to see their customers who have been left without service, have their service restored ASAP. By whatever means necessary.
    1. You suspect that it's illegal to keep using somebody else's SIM.
    2. You're advising people to keep that SIM in their phone and wait for people to call so you can get in contact with the original owner.
    So you're advocating that people knowingly break the law so they can return someone else's SIM? And if they don't, they're being selfish?

Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Checking in as another customer who has received the wrong sim. Been trying to figure out wtf to do because they really are uncontactable. I've tried 6 times to chat to them and literally never talked to an agent.

Received only one response via email, asking for my bloody account number so if you do email them make sure you include that as well as your name and address, and any mismatched pins / puks, might help speed things up

1. You suspect that it's illegal to keep using somebody else's SIM.
    2. You're advising people to keep that SIM in their phone and wait for people to call so you can get in contact with the original owner.
    So you're advocating that people knowingly break the law so they can return someone else's SIM? And if they don't, they're being selfish?

Please.

:rolleyes:

I'll explain my thinking again in as simple a manner as possible.

If you have someone else's SIM and it's within your ability to identify and contact its owner but you choose not to try and pass the SIM on to them, then yes I think you're being selfish.

If you knowingly use someone else's SIM without their permission, then yes I think you may be breaking the law.

If you use said SIM just to try and identify and contact its owner, then I think it's fair to say you probably won't have to worry about the Gardai breaking down your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,201 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Having someone else number or someone having yours is a big fraud problem these days. It can give them access to a lot of your things like banking apps and email.
    If your not getting it sorted quickly contact comreg they'll get a response from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭Tow

If you have what appears to be another person's Sim, get their messages or calls then you should be reporting it to the Data Protection Commissioner. Not just ComReg, this appears to be a very serious widespread issue.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement