Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best double pump?

• 20-10-2019 7:13pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Looking for recommendations for a good double electric breast pump.

We currently have a Medela Swing, which is good, but looking to upgrade to a double to speed up the process.

I know you can hire a hospital-grade Medela but as we’ll be using it for a few months I think it may be more cost-effective to buy.

Not sure if Medela is the best out there or if other brands are better

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I loved my Ardo Calypso. They are hospital grade too. Its a closed system so can be used on different babies/ by different women.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

I have the spectra S1 and find it excellent. I used the Medela symphony before (hospital grade) and find this as good, if not better.
    It can be battery operated/portable which is handy if you don’t want to be stuck near a plug socket or if you were pumping st work.
    It’s a closed system too

I got it on amazon for about 150€ I think, it was on sale but seems to be on sale a bit anyway.’well worth that price in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Peppery

I use the Lansinoh double electric pump. It's much cheaper than the Medela...I find it absolutely fine. It does the job!! But i suppose I can't compare because the only other pump I've used is a Haakaa, which just doesn't work anymore now the baby is over 6 months. If you already have a medela might be worthwhile getting a cheaper double pump and use both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Minier81

Another spectra s1 fan here. I also used the symphony in hospital and found the spectra just as good. Just make sure you get a closed valve system. I believe all the ones recommended above are closed valve ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Another vote for the spectra s1! I used a medela symphony for 3 months while my son was in the nicu and when he was released I purchased a second hand spectra on adverts and found it just as good - plus its portable and I was even able to pump in the car (as a passenger) etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

Another vote for Spectra S1. Like honerbright, I used the medela symphony in the hospital and rented it for a month at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

lunamoon wrote: »
    Another vote for Spectra S1. Like honerbright, I used the medela symphony in the hospital and rented it for a month at home.

I upgraded from a Medala swing to a
    Ardo Calypso and instantly started getting 1.5oz extra off my pumping session

Advertisement