Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First build help for a Padawan

Options
  • 20-10-2019 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, been browsing your pages with interest and would be very grateful for any help in first build to play computer games.
    I haven’t played computer games in 20 years and want to get back into it with the upcoming game star wars Jedi fallen order, which I’m hoping to play on my projector and have a somewhat cinematic experience playing it. I also have young kids who I’m sure will soon be keen to play games too.

1. What is your budget? 1000 - 1200 euro
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming and specifically starting with Star wars Jedi fallen order. Maybe battlefront ll after that.
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No
    5. Do you need a monitor? Not at first. Plan on using projector
    5a. If yes, what size do you need.
    5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 1920x1080 projector benq w1070 (50-60hz) and plan to later on getting a 1440p monitor screen(separate budget)
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Would like to have wireless keyboard, mouse and controller. Have amp and stereo speakers.
    7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No
    8. How can you pay? Card
    9. When are you purchasing? Soon with view to be ready for November 15th game release.
    10. If you need help building it, where are you based? South Dublin city
    Would like to be able to play games at 1080p with max settings and if it’s within the budget games also at 1440p
    Projected recommended specs for star wars Jedi fallen order:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 or Intel Core i7-6700K
    RAM: 16GB
    Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 or Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070
    DirectX 11
    HDD: 55GB

if I could build a slightly higher spec than that? With ease of build in mind.
    Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement