Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread banned

Options
  • 20-10-2019 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

I was thread banned by Beasty from
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058017873

I’m disputing this as I did nothing wrong.

It's completely unrealistic to expect that the thread remain free of criticism of other politicians when the phone call which led to this impeachment attempt involved other politicians. When Trump asked Zelensky to cooperate with an investigation into his country's alleged interference into the 2016 presidential election he was referring to the fact that there are allegations that Hillary and the DNC had worked with Ukrainians to spread false information about his campaign. Banning discussion of other American politicians is also unfair as it means users can't point out that other politicians have done what Trump has been accused before and democrats were fine with it.

I was told I posted off topic after the thread was warned.

I posted in reply to a post. I didn’t initiate an off topic post.

I simply fact checked the post.

This was the post I was replying to.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111553447&postcount=1970

This was my reply after there were 17 post replying to that post.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111554375&postcount=1988

The poster that posted the initial post, another poster that was posting against that post and me were banned.

Two poster that agreed with the initial post did not get banned.

I initiated a pm with Beasty but he was not interested. Instead he accused me of being the main proponent of trying to derail the thread.

When I asked how I am not able to talk about other Democrat politicians in an impeachment thread?

When I asked him to prove it to me he said I was deflecting and bringing in other politicians especially Democrats. So he couldn’t actually stand behind his accusations.

I also suggested that perhaps it might be beneficial to just make an American politics mega thread since there seems to be an appetite in that thread about it but was told that there is a politics forum and I would be banned anyway. So how is that thread not in the politics forum? Is it not American politics? And since I’d be banned anyway it seems just an excuse to ban me.

By the way. The two people that didn’t get banned had posted multiple posts after the initial post. I posted one fact check post and got banned.

Here are the pm’s

<snip>

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threadbans are not within the remit of the DRP. They are dealt with in Help Desk. PMs cannot be quoted here without the express permission of the sender

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Beasty wrote: »
    Threadbans are not within the remit of the DRP. They are dealt with in Help Desk. PMs cannot be quoted here without the express permission of the sender

So you don’t give permission I gather since you are the one that I’m in dispute with?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You never asked, and no I do not give permission

By way of background I posted this warning in the thread on 16 October:
    Beasty wrote: »
    Well my previous intervention seems to have fallen on deaf ears, so let me be a bit more explicit, so anyone finding themselves on the wring side of any mod actions really will not have any excuse

Stick to the topic - it's the Trump impeachment Inquiry, not complaints about other US political figures.

Stop all the "I am right, you are wrong" stuff. Discuss in a reasoned fashion. Yes feel free to counter points made, but please provide something to support any assertions you are making to counter the assertions of others

From now on I'm going to start dishing out cards, forum bans and threadbans, so if you wish to remain part of this conversation please start posting in a constructive (and civil) manner

Any questions, please PM me

Your first post after that warning:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111528699&postcount=1814

References to Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Biden, Kerry Obama but virtually nothing on the potential impeachment

More of the same in your second one after the warning
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111529963&postcount=1817

And the next
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111532281&postcount=1844
    Linking to an article fro 2017 simply trying to discredit a Democrat - nothing whatsoever to do with the impeachment

.... and I could go on. I've already told you that your last 5 posts in the thread were similarly off topic and in contravention to my prior in-thread warning

So I banned you and 2 others from posting in the thread - basically the sanction I threatened in the warning. IO could have issued cards or forum bans but chose not to

Can I have someone look into this for me please. As Beasty is on no way impartial and quite frankly is grasping at straws as you can from the examples he gave.

Everything I posted there goes towards the impeachment debate.

Thanks.

Also for the fact that he doesn’t want the pm’s to be made available should tell you everything you need to know about the situation.

And to the last link. I posted the wrong link. I had several windows opened and copied the wrong one. Not exactly a reason to ban someone.

• Advertisement

Anyone can contribute to Help Desk threads, including moderators who's actions may be being challenged (unlike the DRP)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

So you get to police yourself.... Hardly seems fair or proper tbh.

I am happy for a CMod to review the threadban, but equally I am entitled to make my own case here, as I have done

Ultimately though Admins and Office staff have final say on matters relating to the site and "disciplinary" matters relating to users

The OP's record has been particularly poor in the past few months. I have chosen to give them the mildest of sanctions for ignoring what was an in-thread warning. A threadban does not appear on your record.

I’m a real bad trouble maker… Ive been on this website for 10 years.

I would like someone who is impartial to look into this.

• Advertisement

OP sitebanned for 3 months for breach of probation. If they wish to continue to challenge this threadban when they return they can discuss initially with me and if necessary start a new thread here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement