Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is a date given for an elective c section?

Options
  • 20-10-2019 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm having an Elective C section at the Rotunda after a traumatic emergency section on my last baby. Just wondering when a date is usually given for an elective section?

Thank you!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Usually 36 weeks onwards in my experience. Both my elective ones were at 39 weeks. This was in Holles Street but I'd imagine it is fairly similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Galway based but same story here we were told if we were to have an elective section is would be either at 38 or 39weeks that was due to the day the consultant was working really. Ask perhaps the next time you are in for an appointment and they should be able to tell you that really...

Hope this one goes great for you, after lost of chats about what to do on our side people say that having a planned section the second time round is just so much different to having the emergency section.. Best of luck to ye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I was same situation as you OP.

I had mine at 38 weeks in the Coombe. I think it depends on your consultants schedule and the size of the baby, mine was a big fella.

Best of luck to you, it's a very very different experience. So relaxed and calm compared to the panic of an emergency section.

Advertisement