Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know where to find negotiator to bid ?

Options
  • 21-10-2019 6:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi, I would really appreciate advice. We are hoping to put our house on the market next week and have seen a house for sale that we are interested in. This will be our third house and past experience shows us that we are no good at negotiating or navigating estate agents etc.

On some threads on bidding and buying houses I see lots of references to hiring negotiator to bid on your behalf.
    Does anyone know where you can find this service or used one? Is it an estate agent or solicitor or a stand alone service?
    Also is it worth the money?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Never heard of someone going this here unless they were international and not resident.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

I've read somewhere that the average person bids on 13 houses before getting one. 3 is nothing and you're learning all the time. Think we got something like our 6th and the thing I learned is strategy is all in your head, you're imagining what the other people are thinking and trying to come up with ways to outsmart them, when in reality everyone is different and you can't possibly know. Have your limit, take your time, and don't go above it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

TheChizler wrote: »
    I've read somewhere that the average person bids on 13 houses before getting one. 3 is nothing and you're learning all the time. Think we got something like our 6th and the thing I learned is strategy is all in your head, you're imagining what the other people are thinking and trying to come up with ways to outsmart them, when in reality everyone is different and you can't possibly know. Have your limit, take your time, and don't go above it.

I read the OP in terms of them having already bought 2 houses, this being their 3rd, not that they'd only bid on 3 houses to date.

What are you looking for? I've never heard of anyone outsouce the purchase, unless its someone with big money from abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

You can retain an agent on a percentage to source a property. very unusual in a residential conttext and you have no way of knowing if you are getting good value. I have know people to pay an agent to value a property they intend bidding on so they have a ballpark price range to make offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

SozBbz wrote: »
    I read the OP in terms of them having already bought 2 houses, this being their 3rd, not that they'd only bid on 3 houses to date.
    Ah, that is different all right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Stressedms wrote: »
    Hi, I would really appreciate advice. We are hoping to put our house on the market next week and have seen a house for sale that we are interested in. This will be our third house and past experience shows us that we are no good at negotiating or navigating estate agents etc.

On some threads on bidding and buying houses I see lots of references to hiring negotiator to bid on your behalf.
    Does anyone know where you can find this service or used one? Is it an estate agent or solicitor or a stand alone service?
    Also is it worth the money?

There's not really any negotiating when buying a home. The seller wants A, you think it's worth B and someone else C, it'll sell for Z.

Just bid what you think it's worth and wait for the estate agent to come back, then you decide if you think it's worth more if they reject it or you get outbid. Check what other properties nearby sold for to judge what you should offer.

Don't bid over what you can afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭pj12332

Hi I am an agent. Happy to give advice or answer questions if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,557 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Auctioneer's will buy as well as sell for you but it comes at a cost. In an auction a solicitor will bid for you as will an auctioneer. However it comes at a cost as we.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

try buyersagent.ie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Thats a very american thing. Your Realtor does all the donkey work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Be a great little business or semi-retired estate agent for all the given out about estate agents here good ones are very shrewd about property.

Advertisement