If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift vouchers?

Options
  • 21-10-2019 7:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi there,
    With Christmas approaching I would like to know if you do gift vouchers and is there a link to buy them online? Also do you do them in Euro & Sterling and if I had both, could I combine them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

whoami1 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    With Christmas approaching I would like to know if you do gift vouchers and is there a link to buy them online? Also do you do them in Euro & Sterling and if I had both, could I combine them?

Thanks.
    Hi Whoami1.

Thanks for the post.

We do indeed sell gift vouchers but there is no link our our website at present.

You can purchase them in either sterling or Euro depending on whichever currency you wish to pay in.
    If you had both sterling and Euro vouchers they can be combined as the Euro would have already been converted to sterling for our till system.
    EG... If you purchased 50 Euro worth it would have a sterling value of £42.50

If you would like to purchase some you can drop us your contact number in a PM and we can give you a call.

I hope this explains things.

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

Hi there,

Thanks.
    Hi Whoami1.

Thanks for the post.

We do indeed sell gift vouchers but there is no link our our website at present.

You can purchase them in either sterling or Euro depending on whichever currency you wish to pay in.
    If you had both sterling and Euro vouchers they can be combined as the Euro would have already been converted to sterling for our till system.

If you would like to purchase some you can drop us your contact number in a PM and we can give you a call.

Thanks for that comprehensive answer, Kenny. It's for me to receive as a present, not to give, so I'll let my (hopefully generous!) family know how it works.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi there,

Thanks.
    Hi Whoami1.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks for that comprehensive answer, Kenny. It's for me to receive as a present, not to give, so I'll let my (hopefully generous!) family know how it works.
    No problem at all Whoami1.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Also once your ready to make a purchase drop myself a little post or PM and I'll ensure I get the best deal available ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

Hi Kenny,
    I'm following on from this with another query. Now it's 3rd-hand information, so there might be a bit of 'lost in translation'.

My mother-in-law apparently rang up yesterday to buy a voucher for me for Christmas. She thought (because I thought) she would just have to give her credit card number and say who it was for and the address to send it to and no hassle away-we-go. Unfortunately that's apparently not how it works. She was asked for my name - fair enough, but also whether I was a customer and had an account number and my email address, etc., etc. She felt there was too much information being asked for, some of which she didn't know anyway, and so didn't buy the voucher.

Is it that complicated to buy a voucher? Can you not just print a page saying my name, the value and some sort of reference number for your own records, and then send it out in the post? I'm hopeful that my sister will also attempt to get a voucher for me in one of the UK stores. Will she have the same problems? I am not yet a customer so I don't yet have an account number - all this is going towards my first purchase.

Am I missing the point here?

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Kenny,
    I'm following on from this with another query. Now it's 3rd-hand information, so there might be a bit of 'lost in translation'.

My mother-in-law apparently rang up yesterday to buy a voucher for me for Christmas. She thought (because I thought) she would just have to give her credit card number and say who it was for and the address to send it to and no hassle away-we-go. Unfortunately that's apparently not how it works. She was asked for my name - fair enough, but also whether I was a customer and had an account number and my email address, etc., etc. She felt there was too much information being asked for, some of which she didn't know anyway, and so didn't buy the voucher.

Is it that complicated to buy a voucher? Can you not just print a page saying my name, the value and some sort of reference number for your own records, and then send it out in the post? I'm hopeful that my sister will also attempt to get a voucher for me in one of the UK stores. Will she have the same problems? I am not yet a customer so I don't yet have an account number - all this is going towards my first purchase.

Am I missing the point here?

Thanks.
    Hi whoami1,

Thanks for the post!

With the way our system works once payment for the voucher is made we link that payment to an account so that the money can be used for a purchase by that customer. If you already have an account with us we can certainly link it to that for you. We just need to link the voucher to an account so that the money can be used by you.

Apologies for any inconvenience. I can create an account for you with your name and address if you would like to privately PM me the information and then we can process the voucher. It's just because we are on a different system than the UK stores our voucher sales work a little differently!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.