Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Dublin Marathon from D15

Options
  • 21-10-2019 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭

Anyone heading into the marathon this weekend? Unless you’re driving in, looks like only other option is a taxi?

The train service appears to be suspended for maintenance In the morning, and the buses don’t start till 9am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

donaghs wrote: »
    Anyone heading into the marathon this weekend? Unless you’re driving in, looks like only other option is a taxi?

The train service appears to be suspended for maintenance In the morning, and the buses don’t start till 9am

There is no maintenance works on Maynooth line this weekend, its just the earliest one arrives in Connolly at 8.52 so too late for runners. Works on DART line mean wont go any further than Connolly.

Last year Irish Rail did put on an early service at like 7am for runners going in. Would have been good for them to do this again. I would have thought it was a popular enough option last year but I didnt use it so dont know.

https://www.irishrail.ie/news/irishrail-engineering-works

Otherwise its travel by car which ever way is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Correction. it seems Irish Rail do have an extra service from Maynooth @ 07.05 on race day so this would work for most runners. Not on their journey planner online but they confirmed on twitter today it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

chris85 wrote: »
    Correction. it seems Irish Rail do have an extra service from Maynooth @ 07.05 on race day so this would work for most runners. Not on their journey planner online but they confirmed on twitter today it seems.

It's frustrating that they use Twitter so much for updates. It makes headlines for celebrity news and feuds but most people chose not to use it, as shown by its subscriber numbers. Would be better if they could also have such updates on their Irish Rail "website".
    I'm hoping that train is running as it will save me some hassle. The people who answer their phones have no awareness of it, but that doesn't mean its not going ahead

Advertisement