Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stabbing in Kilcock

• 21-10-2019 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭

Hi -
    did anyone hear anything about a stabbing in Kilcock on Saturday outside Centra?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭highdef

No reply from anyone 10 days after the alleged assault so I'm guessing it was most likely a rumour as I can't find any source about it on the internet either. Can I ask how you heard of it, source wise? Something factual or chinese whispers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

highdef wrote: »
    No reply from anyone 10 days after the alleged assault so I'm guessing it was most likely a rumour as I can't find any source about it on the internet either. Can I ask how you heard of it, source wise? Something factual or chinese whispers?

It was this:

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/news/488346/gardai-appeal-for-information-on-kilcock-assault.html

A machete attack outside the Centra.

The way I heard about it was complete Chinese whispers.

It was this:

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/news/488346/gardai-appeal-for-information-on-kilcock-assault.html

Ah sorry, the way you worded your first post suggested that you were asking if there had been a stabbing. The newspaper report answers your question.

Ah sorry, the way you worded your first post suggested that you were asking if there had been a stabbing. The newspaper report answers your question.

Actually apparently it wasn't outside the Centra. The boy was attacked in Highfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭Nugget89

It was this:

Where did you hear there was a machete involved? It's not mentioned in that link.

• Advertisement

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Where did you hear there was a machete involved? It's not mentioned in that link.

Duirt bean liom go duirt bean leir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭granturismo

Actually apparently it wasn't outside the Centra. The boy was attacked in Highfield.

Actually apparently, I heard third hand, that it was a samurai sword.

Actually apparently, I heard third hand, that it was a samurai sword.

Thankfully his injuries must have been pretty minor or we'd be hearing more.

Duirt bean liom go duirt bean leir

Ceapaim go bhfuil daoine ag insint bréag.

If someone was attacked by a samurai sword in a busy public place in the early evening on a Saturday, I think it would have been bigger news. Nugget89, I agree that it is likely to be Chinese whispers.

To make statements that the attack was with a sword based on what someone heard from someone who in turn heard from someone else with no evidence to support the claim leads to silly rumours.

Maybe it was a sword attack but Marie, please try get some some more concrete proof of such before suggesting it on a public forum rather than basing it on heresay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭granturismo

If someone was attacked by a samurai sword in a busy public place in the early evening on a Saturday, I think it would have been bigger news. Nugget89, I agree that it is likely to be Chinese whispers.

To make statements that the attack was with a sword based on what someone heard from someone who in turn heard from someone else with no evidence to support the claim leads to silly rumours.

Maybe it was a sword attack but Marie, please try get some some more concrete proof of such before suggesting it on a public forum rather than basing it on heresay.

I agree, my comment was facetious.

I haven't related a quarter of what was told to me.

Well I'd hope so, because it seems most likely to not be true.

This topic should really be deleted, or have the title changed. A person was assaulted, which is awful, but there's no evidence of anything more serious.

Well I'd hope so, because it seems most likely to not be true.

This topic should really be deleted, or have the title changed. A person was assaulted, which is awful, but there's no evidence of anything more serious.

Did you read the link provided ?

Did you read the link provided ?

I did. It seems you didn't.
    Can you point out where in the article it mentions someone being stabbed?

Marie, you're posting up unverified information and not checking the FACTS first. You're simply spreading rumours via the web.

Was a person attacked: YES
    Your verified source: THIS AND THIS ONLY - https://www.kildarenow.com/news/news/488346/gardai-appeal-for-information-on-kilcock-assault.html
    Was a person stabbed: NOTHING TO SUGGEST THIS WAS THE CASE BUT YOU SAID THIS WAS THE CASE
    Was a person attacked with a machete: NOTHING TO SUGGEST THIS WAS THE CASE BUT YOU SAID THIS WAS THE CASE

Please stop this nonsense. You're creating an atmosphere of unrest for the people that live in Kilcock - I don't live in Kilcock but would be very unhappy if I did, what with you spreading over the top rumours about a stabbing with a machete on the world wide web. Maybe she like to stir sh*t or like a good gossip but this is not the place for it.

Get your FACTS right before posting up more nonsense here.

Was a person attacked with a samurai sword: NOTHING TO SUGGEST THIS WAS THE CASE BUT YOU SAID THIS WAS THE CASE

Granturismo made that claim not me.

Granturismo made that claim not me.

I take back that part so. I shall re-edit my post to reflect that. Reading Granturismos post back, it's actually glaringly obvious that he was being completely sarcastic but unfortunately for me, it got jumbled up with all the other makey up stuff......difficult to tell what's fact and what's fiction is this thread.

I take back that part so. I shall re-edit my post to reflect that. Reading Granturismos post back, it's actually glaringly obvious that he was being completely sarcastic but unfortunately for me, it got jumbled up with all the other makey up stuff......difficult to tell what's fact and what's fiction is this thread.
    The fact is that a young man was found covered in blood outside the Centra in Kilcock and that I asked about this a week before the incident was reported!
    You accuse me of sensationalism but I haven't shared half of the rumours that I have heard.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I haven't shared half of the rumours that I have heard.

But you have spread the other half of the rumours that you heard. So you spread rumours.

• Advertisement

You accuse me of sensationalism but I haven't shared half of the rumours that I have heard.

This sentence, in itself, is sensationalist. Just stop, unless you have some actual evidence.

Are you planning to drip feed the more than other half of the rumours here to keep your rumor mill running seeing as you've just admitted that you've only shared less than half? Or have you shared more than half already? The only fact that can be seen in your above statement is that you have not shared half of the rumours but it's very vague as to whether you mean you've already shared less than half of them or more than half of them. It's vagueness of statements like this that can lead to rumours!!!

Nothing worse than busy bodies who have nothing better to be doing than to spread rumours on a public forum. Maybe you could speak to the person who was attacked? He can probably tell you a fairly accurate version of what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

The fact is that a young man was found covered in blood outside the Centra in Kilcock and that I asked about this a week before the incident was reported!

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

Covered in blood? Article said he had a cut on his head and hand...

mloc123 wrote: »
    Covered in blood? Article said he had a cut on his head and hand...

It's all about exaggerating to add to the drama. God forbid spreading info about something that was accurate and factual because that would be boring.

Imagine if some sort of actual serious event happens in Kilcock and Marie gets wind of it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

people may not be familiar with marieholmfan and his/her wild imagination....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105326541&postcount=8
    Very closed clannish place. Polish lad had a heavy stone flowerpot dropped on his head walking home from the pub a couple of months ago. Was in hospital for weeks. There is alot and I mean alot of murder in Kilcock. I saw a car robbed from the petrol station there. There is alot of crime and a very very dangerous element. You have to be able to stand up for yourself.

Rubbish everywhere in Kilcock the riverbank at Millerstown is the once and future street drinking location.

Your kids can't go to school in Kilcock the schools are full.
    Any murder is too many. Let's not make light of it.
    What about the handbag snatched beside the church a few months ago?

Crime is out of control in Kilcock.

Do you read the Champion?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You missed the really serious stuff ghostdancer :D
    the suspected attempted burglaries last year ; the bicycle stolen a month ago ; the absence of any swimming pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Seem to recall he/she is not a great fan of Maynooth either

mloc123 wrote: »
    Seem to recall he/she is not a great fan of Maynooth either

There must be a lot, and I mean a LOT of murders in Maynooth as well :D

Advertisement