Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid Fuel offers anywhere?

Options
  • 21-10-2019 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭

It's about to turn cold!

Any decent solid fuel offers on anywhere? Not talking about massive bulk buys, but small combo offers that filling stations/hardware shops might be running that you wouldn't see online? 50 or 100 euro deals etc...

Or, where is peoples go-to place for solid fuel?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

RINO87 wrote:
    Any decent solid fuel offers on anywhere? Not talking about massive bulk buys, but small combo offers that filling stations/hardware shops might be running that you wouldn't see online? 50 or 100 euro deals etc...

Co op carrigaline

Buy 5,get 6 on all fuel deals in any dairy gold co op

• Registered Users Posts: 30,593 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Bord Na Mona Briquettes are €3.99 in Aldi which is fairly good value!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

That's very good, were 4 in lidl last year, 5 this year, 5.50 at least most other places.

Bord Na Mona Briquettes are €3.99 in Aldi which is fairly good value!

e4.99 I think,or maybe it's Lidl,buy 4 in dairy gold co op,get 1 free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Coughlans fuel in Glounthaune(opposite Great Gas before Little island turn off coming from Glanmire) do good deals. Most details available on their website.

e4.99 I think,or maybe it's Lidl,buy 4 in dairy gold co op,get 1 free

In my local Aldi they have them for €3.99 I know people and they like being able to just get the one bale without having to buy the 5 for 6 offer at the Co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

That time of year again... any new offers anywhere?

MD O'Shea used to do a weekend of good offers around the October bank holiday, but that didnt happen this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

are there extra carbon levies on solid fuel this winter? Prices seem high but could be from where I bought from which was the place on the Kinsale Rd, Turner's Cross. I picked up 2 * 20kg bags of Superflame coal (11.50 per bag), 1 bag of kiln-dried hornbeam logs (12 euro), and a bale of briquettes (5.50).

Granted I realise there might be better deals when buying in bulk but storage is an issue. I'll check out Coughlan Fuels the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Yeah, carbon tax went up in August, I believe. Best price for briquettes now seems to be 4 bales for €18 in Lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

I got bags of blocks and turf a while back for 3.50 a bag delivered but I got 60 in total.
    Been buying off the same lad for 3 years.
    Plenty of good prices on done deal and adverts.

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Yeah, carbon tax went up in August, I believe. Best price for briquettes now seems to be 4 bales for €18 in Lidl.

Aldi is the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

MD O'Shea are still good value - hard to beat IMO.

Also try the Junction Supermarket in Togher - corner of Vicars Rd and Pouladuff Rd.

blindsider wrote: »
    MD O'Shea are still good value - hard to beat IMO.

Also try the Junction Supermarket in Togher - corner of Vicars Rd and Pouladuff Rd.

,5mile bridge Anthony Kelly,

Advertisement