Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plug in heaters

Options
  • 21-10-2019 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi, I have been looking at wall mounted plug in heaters to put into the back of my house (the bathroom and back hall get very cold compared to the rest of the house) obviously I know running another radiator out there would be the best option but it is not possible.

I have been looking up wall mounted electric heaters online and 3 types keep coming up but I am unsure what is the best heating/ efficient option.

There is the electric oil filled radiator/ towel rack usually ranging from 300-900 kwhs in output.

Panel Heaters (usually called eco) usually in the 500-1000 kwh range

Infrared heating panels.

While I know how the oil filled radiators work I am unsure how the other two work/ keep a room heated. I would be running the heater off a timer to boost the heat coming from a centeral heating radiator located in 1 of the 3 rooms (bathroom, hall, toilet) total area is prob less than 15 square meters. 
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Jason,

Here in Electric Ireland, we assist with bill/account queries and provide general information on Electric Ireland pay as you go (PAYG) meters, home energy services available through Electric Ireland, and sales offerings. We wouldn't have the information you are looking for regarding comparison of heaters.

We recommend putting your query to the Boards.ie Electrical forum.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement