Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband in Limerick

• 21-10-2019 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, wondering if anyone in Limerick uses Vodafone for their 1GB internet?

I changed from Virgin to Vodafone late 2017, but the internet wasn't good enough at the time, so swapped back to Virgin.

However, I'm fed up of Virgin's continuous price increases and rubbish set-top box, so looking to move and be rid.

If you have Vodafone 1GB, do you find it fast and reliable? Have you monitored speeds and do they ever actually reach 1GB?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I have Vodafone 150Mbps for the last 3 years and find it very reliable. It never goes down. I don't have a set top box so can't comment on that but all I do is stream Netflix, YouTube etc. and it has been super reliable the entire time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

eljono wrote: »
    If you have Vodafone 1GB, do you find it fast and reliable? Have you monitored speeds and do they ever actually reach 1GB?
    Got 1Gb Vodafone installed today, so far so good,
    905Mb down 204.5Mb upon ethernet on laptop
    200Mb down 202.5up WiFi on laptop

It works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Getting 1GB next week. Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

How long did it take everyone from ordering to actually getting connected with Vodafone Broadband out of curiosity?

I ordered a week ago and heard nothing since. When I got Virgin Media Broadband I had the box within 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

I was a Vodafone BB customer from 2012 to 2018 during which time I had 11 different modems. Their tech support team are very helpful but the quick answer to everything is to replace the modem.

I upgraded to SIRO in early 2018 with Vodafone and had nothing but trouble, so much so that they sent out one of those outsourced engineers who confirmed what I telling them all along with regards to the performance.

The same engineers are outsourced for a number of companies and I was advised by the engineer that I would be better off going with Digiweb, that the modem (Fritzbox) are of a much higher standard and that they have very little calls to make to Digiweb customers in comparison with Vodafone.

I switched to Digiweb soon afterwards, I initially had a problem with Wifi due to a blackspot in the house and Digiwebs answer was to provide a second modem which could be connected to the main modem and extend the Wifi. This was sorted in less than a week.

I have had zero issues in almost 18 months with Digiweb since they provided the modem to extend the Wifi.

It might cost maybe €5 more to go with Digiweb but it will be money well spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Im on Siro now for over a year been issue free and realy strong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

How long did it take everyone from ordering to actually getting connected with Vodafone Broadband out of curiosity?

I ordered a week ago and heard nothing since. When I got Virgin Media Broadband I had the box within 3 days.

I signed up for 1G siro last Friday, have an install date of November 8 so 3 weeks but I specifically needed a Monday or Friday morning install, may be less if you're flexible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Hi all, just to update you, we had Vodafone Gigabit installed at the weekend and so far are very happy with it. Over wifi on my phone I regularly see download speeds of 190-320mbps and uploads around the 200mbps mark.

The Gigabox app is also very good, giving you easy control of your wifi networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭9400

Hi can I ask you how they brought the cable into the house and where did they locate the gigabox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

9400 wrote: »
    Hi can I ask you how they brought the cable into the house and where did they locate the gigabox?

Cable brought in via front external wall into sitting room, Gigabox is now located there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement