Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2019-20 Emirates FA Cup

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Weepsie wrote: »
    Could say the same for Martinez. Leno had more errors leading to goals than any other keeper in the last 2 years

On all the stats website he's got the highest rating of any keeper this season, Leno that is

I know that means **** all

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Didn't think var checked for free kicks?

Or would it have been a red?

Keeper handling the ball outside the box is a red, though there are some appendices to the rule making it a yellow.

As much an argument he prevents an opportunity as azpilacueta did. If he gathered it outside the box, preventing an opposition player from fairly competing for the ball. Which is where it might be a red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like Pedro dislocated his shoulder. Chelsea not had much luck today but Arsenal worthy of the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Two pulled hamstrings and a broken collarbone or dislocated shoulder for Chelsea. Not a good day at all for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is Willian going to Arsenal?

It's bizarre he wasn't in squad unless he is definitely off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Two pulled hamstrings and a broken collarbone or dislocated shoulder for Chelsea. Not a good day at all for them.

Chelsea's physio...

actually wait, if I speak...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I’m not even a Chelsea fan and Pedro’s final delivery over the last 20-25 mins has frustrated me so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Frank should consider diverting the havertz money into defenders and a keeper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Is it really worth keeping everyone standing around to blow it up as soon as the ball is kicked?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In fairness there wasn't much Caballero could do about the goals :P

Is Willian allowed celebrate this with his new team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Did Murphy say lack of legs or Lacazette?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Is Willian allowed celebrate this with his new team?

Is he going to Arsenal?

Necro wrote: »
    In fairness there wasn't much Caballero could do about the goals :P

That's true in fairness, but for next season.

All over. Arsenal deserved winners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

How dare Arteta celebrate, complete lack of respect for poor old Frank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anthony Taylor delighted with that result.

Chelsea will be consoled by the fact they can still win the CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Chelsea got back into it in the second half without creating too much, but Aubameyang's superb finish took it all out of them.

The harsh red card for Kovacic killed any chance of a Chelsea comeback that remained after the Pulisic injury, but that didn't look on the cards anyway.

Good few poor decisions from Anthony Taylor I thought.

Reece James, who I've hardly heard of, was atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Frankie tut tutting and writing down the names of the arsenal staff “over” celebrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Chelsea will be consoled by the fact they can still win the CL

They can? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Martinez winning it is a great cup story. Happy for him.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Frankie tut tutting and writing down the names of the arsenal staff “over” celebrating.

Lampard going around to the Arsenal lads with his notebook :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Arsenal deserved the win to be fair, the better team on the day but my god Anthony Taylor is absolutely awful.

No medal there for sokratis? He gave them all away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Worst trophy lift ever :D

8-10 wrote: »
    Is he going to Arsenal?

rumours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Auba not wanting talk about his future. Either a massive pay rise or his gone.
    Frank will be ready to blame the ref, but his VAR rants means he’ll have to live with refs making such decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

.G. wrote: »
    Worst trophy lift ever :D

It was a comedy of errors, Auba needs some lessons off Hendo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Fair play to Arteta for winning anything with that defence and midfield. He's really starting to turn them into a difficult team to play against. More like Rafa than Pep if we're comparing him to Spanish coaches.

Next Man City manager: You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Pep. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Auba not wanting talk about his future. Either a massive pay rise or his gone.
    Frank will be ready to blame the ref, but his VAR rants means he’ll have to live with refs making such decisions.

Think time is a big part of it too - he wants min 3 years, which to be honest is fair enough I think. He only turned 31 a few weeks back, so a 3 year contract still sees him finishing out his 3rd season at 33 - hardly ancient for his quality level.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Think time is a big aprt of it too - he wants min 3 years, which to be honest is fair enough I think. He only turned 31 a few weeks back, so a 3 year contract still sees him finishing out his 3rd season at 33 - hardly ancient for his quality level.

I remain confident (perhaps deludedly so) he will sign a new contract.

Sadly Ozil has made them wary about super money contracts, shipping him off would be great but unlikely on his wages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Dreadful game! Shockingly poor ref!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Thoroughly enjoyed that 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

The day won't be complete without an Aubameyang best African player in the league post.

Paging Orange2 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

The day won't be complete without an Aubameyang best African player in the league post.

Paging Orange2 :pac:

Too slow :pac:
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    And as the fourth best African player in the world he probably thinks he should be playing at a higher level.

I'd like to dedicate this win to you Turty, without your love, couldn't have happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Auba is class. World’s best finisher.🤣😂😛😛

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Didn't watch much of the aftermath, just the trophy lift. Was there much attention given to Martinez's potential handball? Feel like it's been glossed over somewhat.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Didn't watch much of the aftermath, just the trophy lift. Was there much attention given to Martinez's potential handball? Feel like it's been glossed over somewhat.

Strange that it wasn't shown during the match, but apparently VAR looked at it and thought it was ok.

BBC had this after: https://streamable.com/7rj0jy

Just in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

GLaDOS wrote: »
    They covered it on the BBC, it was fine, not an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Looks like Pedro dislocated his shoulder. Chelsea not had much luck today but Arsenal worthy of the win.

Definitely looks like a smashed collarbone, very common injury in cyclists/motorcyclists who land in a crash in a similar fashion.

Delighted for Chelsea, kicked United off the pitch in the semi and were let away with it by atrocious refereeing.

Lampard is a vastly over-rated spoofer but he's English so the media fawn over him.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I don't know much about football, but I looked at the reactions of the Chelsea players to Lampard, as opposed to the reaction of the Arsenal players under Arteta during the water break, and I could see a world of difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

kowloonkev wrote: »
    Fair play to Arteta for winning anything with that defence and midfield. He's really starting to turn them into a difficult team to play against. More like Rafa than Pep if we're comparing him to Spanish coaches.

You can see the gradual improvement under Arteta. Reminds me of Klopp's initial first 6 months with Liverpool - erratic results as he implemented a new defined approach with inferior players. I think, in time, with better players and patience, he could be right up there as a manager. Though he seems to be a bit reserved personality-wise which might hamper him, we'll see. Positive signs for Arsenal, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Though he seems to be a bit reserved personality-wise which might hamper him, we'll see. Positive signs for Arsenal, though.

How? Compared to who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Turtyturd wrote: »
    And as the fourth best African player in the world he probably thinks he should be playing at a higher level.

Rentfree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Quazzie wrote: »
    Rentfree

Ah leave poor auld Turty alone.
    He probably had a few nice wee digs ready if Arsenal lost but I actually like his style. Liverpool are team of the year no doubt.

Enjoy the break all. It’s only sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

How? Compared to who?

He seems quiet compared to most other managers, both on the sideline and in interviews.

I think it's too early to judge Lampard, people like to form firm conclusions like he was a success or a flop. But he is loved by the English media as being some highly intelligent person which seems to be largely on the basis that he's a footballer who can string a coherent sentence together.

Advertisement