Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 2019-20 Emirates FA Cup

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Silva the younger 2-0 and that's that.

The BBC fecked up with this as a featured game - odd as well, it's not like City need the fee they get paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It was over after the red card.

Emptyhad! Terrible game, City not actually that great v 10 lightweights while Fulham's game management is hopelessly ill-thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If Phil Foden was black he wouldn't be so hyped.

Good player but doesnt look all that special as he is hyped up to be.

Foden is suffering from lack of game time, needs a loan or to leave

Sterling coming on, why? Maybe someone's got a knock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

probably needs to rebuild his confidence which seems to have disappeared after his flounce with Gomes. If he gets an injury there'd be questions to be asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No messing around with that team selection.

Edit: is that 5 at the back against Tranmere?

It's a wing back/5 at the back - paying Tranmere full respect I'd say.

Fulham crumbling 4-0. Jesus twice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Utd 3 up after 15...contract extension for Olé surely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Ole has the blue print for Tranmere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just saw that Lingard got a goal. What the hell is going on :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Just saw that Lingard got a goal. What the hell is going on :confused:

Wait till you see who got the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The perm on that Jones lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

The FA Cup is alive and well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

The magic of the cup. Watching the fans going nuts outside the TV studio is amazing. Not great as a Red fan but brought a smile to my face.

Liverpool don't win without VAR, who would have thought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This is why I love these rounds of the cup. And that's just for a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RasTa wrote: »
    Liverpool don't win without VAR, who would have thought it.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Young fellas and squad players will be happy with another run out. Shrewsbury will get a pay day.
    Everybody is happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

To think many on here were arguing this was the greatest Premier League team of all time, and best current team in Europe and the world supposedly, yet they cant't beat a bog standard League One outfit, having to hang on at the end while sending on the big guns. 😂😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

To think many on here were arguing this was the greatest Premier League team of all time, and best current team in Europe and the world supposedly, yet they cant't beat a bog standard League One outfit, having to hang on at the end while sending on the big guns. 😂😂😂

Nice bait

Different competition and a very different team.

But dont let that take away from your inspiring post, quality stuff as always :)

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Different competition and a very different team.

But dont let that take away from your inspiring post, quality stuff as always :)

Little victories :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Fans of the reigning World and European Champions currently sitting 16 points clear at the top of the league will be very annoyed by Mr. Nice Guy's post I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,210 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Fair play to Shrewsbury, definitely deserved that. Liverpool reserves or not, they got a result and will get a day out at Anfield. Nice money spinner too, with another game on TV and extra gate money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Adrian, Fabinho, Matip, Lovren, Origi, the much-hyped Minamino all starting, plus Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah and Firmino off the bench.

Couldn't beat 16th place in League One Shrewsbury Town.

D4anhiaWkAMllt4.jpg

• Nice result for Shrewsbury

A replay will piss off Liverpool too which is an added bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Finally a Liverpool home game that people might have a chance of getting a ticket to

Adrian, Fabinho, Matip, Lovren, Origi, the much-hyped Minamino all starting, plus Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah and Firmino off the bench.

Couldn't beat 16th place in League One Shrewsbury Town.

D4anhiaWkAMllt4.jpg

What does that say about the Premier League if a League One team can come back against a bunch of kids and 3 players coming back from long injury spells, with Salah and Fimino coming off the bench too, for a team that is 16 points ahead of the rest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,619 ✭✭✭eigrod

FitzShane wrote: »
    Fair play to Shrewsbury, definitely deserved that. Liverpool reserves or not, they got a result and will get a day out at Anfield. Nice money spinner too, with another game on TV and extra gate money.

They probably deserved a win to be honest. Another opportunity for the younger Liverpool lads to play a first team game at Anfield though so they’ll look forward to that.

eigrod wrote: »
    They probably deserved a win to be honest. Another opportunity for the younger Liverpool lads to play a first team game at Anfield though so they’ll look forward to that.

Klopp will exclusively play young kids. Caoimhín Kelleher should start with his 10 goals conceded in 2 games this season.

Shrews could be a good bet to go through now

Nice result for Shrewsbury

Not really.
    Another chance for young fellas and players returning from injury to get much needed match practise.
    I doubt many starters v West Ham will start v Shrewsbury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭.G.

That result means Shrewsbury are as good as Man United obviously since they also famously got a draw at their place.

Good chance for them in the replay too as Klopp has confirmed the senior players won't play as they'll be on their break.

You don't really need to play kids considering the gap in the league

It's winter break so senior players are off. Many likely already booked holidays etc.

Playing senior players tonight and bringing in Salah and Firmino was their chance. Replay will be closer to the lineup v Villa when Liverpool lost 5-0.

But sure, you cant win anything with kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Martin Tyler AgueroooOO

That's why the cup is great and I love that VAR wasn't used it gives the drama back to the game. If Liverpool had gotten that penalty in the first half the game would have been over as Shrewsbury woudn't have gotten there penalty to get back in the game.

So you're against correct decisions? There'd have been uproar if it was the Shrews on the end of the mistakes.

Klopp taking the advice regarding the winter break, no senior players for the replay, u23's and Critchley will manage them.

• Advertisement

I am against changing the game I have enjoyed for 40 years with letting another referee ref the game on a video monitor and his opinion may still differ from 10 other referees as we have seen plenty of times already this season. The game was fine for 100 years being refereed by one man who made human errors. Goal line technology is all that was needed.

I am against changing the game I have enjoyed for 40 years with letting another referee ref the game on a video monitor and his opinion may still differ from 10 other referees as we have seen plenty of times already this season. The game was fine for 100 years being refereed by one man who made human errors.

It wasnt fine when your team lost due to a wrong decision being made.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    It wasnt fine when your team lost due to a wrong decision being made.

Yes I was very fine with it! Of course I was pissed but I moved on and I would rather talk about crap ref decisions than crap VAR decisions.

Nice result for Shrewsbury

https://twitter.com/_ChrisBascombe/status/1221515192107982848

Yes I was very fine with it! Of course I was pissed but I moved on and I would rather talk about crap ref decisions than crap VAR decisions.

I'd rather give refs every chance to get the right decision. If today's lad is the standard of ref we can expect then they need all the help they can get. There's defo implementation issues with VAR but I'd much rather have it than not. If they still get it wrong using VAR they shouldn't be in the game

I am against changing the game I have enjoyed for 40 years with letting another referee ref the game on a video monitor and his opinion may still differ from 10 other referees as we have seen plenty of times already this season. The game was fine for 100 years being refereed by one man who made human errors. Goal line technology is all that was needed.

+1

It's ludicrous that there's VAR in the replay of a game that didn't have it.

Scrap it completely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I find it surprising that Klopp wont be taking charge of the replay match against Shrewsbury .

8-10 wrote: »
    +1

It's ludicrous that there's VAR in the replay of a game that didn't have it.

Scrap it completely

Or implement it properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Magic of the cup, Shrewsbury won't give a flyer who's in the Liverpool team, great trip for the fans, nice payday for the club and very real chance now of getting into the next round.

And if they beat them, the record books will show a win, not a win with an asterisk next to the result because Liverpool couldn't be arsed.

Replays are massive for lower league teams, long may they continue, a cup for the hundreds that enter, not just the ones who think they're the be all and end all.

The only downside of today is this tie will be the Prime TV game, bumping the chance down of the mighty Cobblers being on tele for their replay.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The FA Cup can continue pretending it’s a major trophy and deserving of an intrusive place on the calendar all it likes. Meanwhile the elite clubs field weaker and weaker teams on average; while the stadiums become more and more empty at Premier League grounds on average; and the money generated by TV and sponsorship dwindles inexorably.

The magic of the cup indeed.

Advertisement