Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identifying Mushroom

Options
  • 21-10-2019 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I was back at my parents house over the weekend and noticed an outbreak of mushrooms in the lawn. We never really had many mushrooms there in the past so I was wondering what type they are. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

lemd wrote: »
    I was back at my parents house over the weekend and noticed an outbreak of mushrooms in the lawn. We never really had many mushrooms there in the past so I was wondering what type they are. Any help appreciated.

Apricot Jack?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

From what I can see - I would say they are eatable. Maybe fry them up in some butter and taste them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Don't risk it unless you're 100% sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

AlfaZen wrote: »
    From what I can see - I would say they are eatable. Maybe fry them up in some butter and taste them.

Absolutely, no way. You can't positively identify them, so you do NOT eat them.

We aren't even sure there is a lawn.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's no photograph?

there's no photograph?

We are still trying to work it out.

Danzy wrote: »
    We aren't even sure there is a lawn.

If you bothered to look, we have a photo. :rolleyes:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058024711

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The grass is edible..
    Maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭lemd

We were curious if they were edible but certainly not worth the risk unless 110% sure what they are.

• Advertisement

If you bothered to look, we have a photo. :rolleyes:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058024711

In my defence your honour, the first photo on the thread appeared 7 minutes after I posted that.

Maybe that is specific to me, either way I think I have it narrowed down.

Danzy wrote: »
    In my defence your honour, the first photo on the thread appeared 7 minutes after I posted that.

Maybe that is specific to me, either way I think I have it narrowed down.

Not that it matters but it was 40 minutes before the post I quoted. And before the idiotic advice to try eating them. Joke it may be but when someone innocently asks for advice on a gardening forum, the last thing they need is being told to do something potentially dangerous, without any indication of it being a gag.

Not that it matters but it was 40 minutes before the post I quoted. And before the idiotic advice to try eating them. Joke it may be but when someone innocently asks for advice on a gardening forum, the last thing they need is being told to do something potentially dangerous, without any indication of it being a gag.

Not that it matters again lol, but it is still after my post.

I presume it's a glitch, not everyone might see this the same.

Doesn't matter either way, true that people should be careful around mushrooms.

Advertisement