Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Country2Country

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Was hoping that C2C 2020's Sat night "legend" spot might be filled by Rodney Crowell whose new album, Texas, is one of his and this years best.

What do we get instead? Tanya Tucker who's hardly of the same class/stature as previous "legends" Emmylou H (2018) and Lyle L (2019).

Aside from TT, don't really know any of the acts involved this year. As a result, the line up looks a bit "meh" to me.

Anyone here disagree enough to give me a couple of good reasons why I should consider going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Certainly can't disagree with you. An underwhelming line up and not one I'd be rushing to see on any of the three nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

Anyone manage to get tickets for the sat? Looks like they didn't sell many individual ones and that they're all wrapped up in three night tickets. Poor form that you cannot buy individual tickets when there are still plenty of three day tickets going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

hkjohn wrote: »
    Was hoping that C2C 2020's Sat night "legend" spot might be filled by Rodney Crowell whose new album, Texas, is one of his and this years best.

What do we get instead? Tanya Tucker who's hardly of the same class/stature as previous "legends" Emmylou H (2018) and Lyle L (2019).

Aside from TT, don't really know any of the acts involved this year. As a result, the line up looks a bit "meh" to me.

Anyone here disagree enough to give me a couple of good reasons why I should consider going?

Luke Combs is worth the admission fee alone.

Anyone manage to get tickets for the sat? Looks like they didn't sell many individual ones and that they're all wrapped up in three night tickets. Poor form that you cannot buy individual tickets when there are still plenty of three day tickets going

I got one in the presale for past year attendees.

I'm a big fan of the Cadillac Three so considered going to the Sunday night too but just settled for the Saturday night in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Luke Combs is worth the admission fee alone.

From the post immediately above, it looks as though Sat has gone. Oh well, roll on C2C 2021!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

I got one in the presale for past year attendees.

I'm a big fan of the Cadillac Three so considered going to the Sunday night too but just settled for the Saturday night in the end.

How did you manage that? I go every year and got an email about early access but it was only for Scotland and London

How did you manage that? I go every year and got an email about early access but it was only for Scotland and London

I didn't do anything really. An email just appeared in my inbox about a week before the presale saying 'Past bookers presale' telling me to look out for a presale email. And sure enough, a few days before I got it with a link that took me to the purchase page on the Wednesday.

I first went in 2017 and got the same email last year too so was able to pre-purchase for Chris Stapleton then.

I presume you booked online in previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

I just managed to get two tickets for Saturday on ticketmaster... seats at the back but I’m happy to be going don’t really need to see them on stage just hear them :)

Jane1012 wrote: »
    I just managed to get two tickets for Saturday on ticketmaster... seats at the back but I’m happy to be going don’t really need to see them on stage just hear them :)

My first gig in the new Point was AC/DC and I was in the back row over to the side and the view was grand so I wouldn’t be worrying if I was you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

My first gig in the new Point was AC/DC and I was in the back row over to the side and the view was grand so I wouldn’t be worrying if I was you.

Thanks - yeah I’m not worried :) I’m pretty delighted that I got tickets as they were sold out on ticketmaster a few days ago but there’s some there now incase anybody else is looking for them

Old Dominion have pulled out due to the coronovirus. I wonder will any more do the same before next weekend?

Update coming Friday, with details of rescheduled dates I presume

https://c2c-countrytocountry.com/news/2020/c2c-update

Postponed till the same weekend next year. Same headliners but support acts might be different it seems

https://twitter.com/C2CDublin/status/1243477865003270145?s=20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 uiolfg

it's cool

Advertisement