Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwfix in Limerick?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Limerick branch opening on Friday. Was speaking to a screwfix employee today.
    Sorry guys,I heard wrong, it's Tuesday opening on:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

I can confirm its opened this morning. I was the first customer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I can confirm its opened this morning. I was the first customer :)

Not yet showing on the Screwfix.ie website for click & collect though

They mentioned it should be on the website for click and collect by this evening. But you can walk in today and order at the counter

They mentioned it should be on the website for click and collect by this evening. But you can walk in today and order at the counter
    Any special opening deals?

• Advertisement

Any special opening deals?

No deals unfortunately, the manager mentioned there will be a proper opening during the summer when restrictions are lifted

Listed for C&C on their website now. I'm actually chuffed its finally open! :pac:

Listed for C&C on their website now. I'm actually chuffed its finally open! :pac:
    Same here, nice not to have to deal with the clusterfcuk that is B&Q.

Same here, nice not to have to deal with the clusterfcuk that is B&Q.

B&Q and Screwfix are very different places in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Owned by same company, Kingfisher.

• Advertisement

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Owned by same company, Kingfisher.

Did not know that. Everyday is a school day!

Exactly, huge difference, at least now I know before I drive down i'll be getting what I wanted.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Did not know that. Everyday is a school day!

My company has worked for them in UK for years and involved in the rollout of the screwfix stores in ROI the last year or so. Big operation, with big plans for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

John_Mc wrote: »
    Ordering on Screwfix.ie website isn't an option for many anyway. I ordered a week ago and it still isn't even in the country. No doubt Brexit related but that doesn't change the fact that you'll be waiting a long time if you order online.

I tried ordering something online back in October and it took a full month. Thought I'd received someone else's parcel when it arrived , I had forgotten I had even ordered it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

I tried ordering something online back in October and it took a full month. Thought I'd received someone else's parcel when it arrived , I had forgotten I had even ordered it.

I stupidly ordered earlier this month not realising it shipped from UK. Naively thinking it was 2-3 days (from a ROI warehouse)

My delivery arrived today. Well... one quarter of it.

And what’s worse, the paperwork inside was for all 4 items and parcel ‘1 of 1’ so no other packages in the consignment.

And tonight all items are available 5 mins out the road. What a disaster.

Advertisement