Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nintendo 2DX XL for Xmas and black friday!

• 22-10-2019 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Getting my son a DS XL for Xmas from Santa. But do they get any cheaper on Black Friday? I've seen on websites in the past they seem to say they only chuck in a game or an accessory, there's no major drops.

I just dont want to be so close to Xmas and realise i can't get one. So am i best just to buy now at 159 in Smyths with Mario Kart built in?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I'd wait for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. You'd think Nintendo themselves would reduce the price as the 3DS 2DS range isn't selling a huge amount these days. This may even be its last Christmas on the market. Sure the 2DS comes with a digital game included but that doesn't cost Nintendo anything, the Switch Lite can be bought for an extra €70. I know what's the better proposition to me at least. Don't mind my ramblings, just wait a while and see if there's any sales. You shouldn't have any problems getting a 2DS XL closer to Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Switch Lite is out of Santa's budget for a 6 year old. Especially when the 3 year old may try do it some damage. Plus thinking of cost of additional games for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

peteb2 wrote: »
    Switch Lite is out of Santa's budget for a 6 year old. Especially when the 3 year old may try do it some damage. Plus thinking of cost of additional games for it.

Sorry. I wasn't suggesting for you to get a Switch Lite. I meant Nintendo should lower the price of the 2DS XL as the price difference between it and the Switch Lite is little more than the price of a game and when you consider the massive gap in technology, the Switch Lite seems like much better value by comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭conormario

sugarman wrote: »

Yep, was about to suggest Amazon Italy. Also try Amazon Germany and Spain for similar deals and deals that ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I've been keeping an eye on them all. Good spot. But I should have said he's a boy and I think he may find the lavender "girly". 😔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/nintendo-gaming/nintendo-3ds-2ds-ds/3ds-and-2ds-consoles/new-nintendo-2ds-xl-console-white-and-orange/p/159429

I know it's saying no stock but might be worth ringing your local store in case they've one not showing on the system.

Ken Black might have the same offer available or failing that if your near the Border there might be some available up North.

Advertisement