If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55" TV

Options
  • 22-10-2019 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭

Hi guys!

I've been looking at a few different places for offers and wanted to see if you guys have anything worth recommending? 

I was looking around the €1k mark for a decent TV after getting 10 years out of my last one for that price :) I was looking at a few options but did manage to see an LG OLED55B9PLA 4K OLED TV for around €1150 (albeit with a promo code). I was considering bumping up to that as it's the cheapest I've seen an OLED but maybe I'm just out of the loop. 

I'd be looking for something visually impressive, with vast majority of the usage coming from game consoles and netflix/prime video. Not too worried about sound as I have a set up there, but would like at least 3 HDMI inputs and something that's not going to get obsolete too easily. 

Not massively worried about it being "smart" TV as it'll be hooked up to whatever I need for it to be smart but a nice to have would be a stable base as I've a toddler who I don't 100% trust not to try and give it a wobble :) It'll be about 2ft off the ground and about 7ft away from the seats so I don't want to go any bigger than 55". 

Appreciate any insights ye have!

Red

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

RedXIV wrote: »
    Hi guys!

I've been looking at a few different places for offers and wanted to see if you guys have anything worth recommending? 

I was looking around the €1k mark for a decent TV after getting 10 years out of my last one for that price :) I was looking at a few options but did manage to see an LG OLED55B9PLA 4K OLED TV for around €1150 (albeit with a promo code). I was considering bumping up to that as it's the cheapest I've seen an OLED but maybe I'm just out of the loop. 

I'd be looking for something visually impressive, with vast majority of the usage coming from game consoles and netflix/prime video. Not too worried about sound as I have a set up there, but would like at least 3 HDMI inputs and something that's not going to get obsolete too easily. 

Not massively worried about it being "smart" TV as it'll be hooked up to whatever I need for it to be smart but a nice to have would be a stable base as I've a toddler who I don't 100% trust not to try and give it a wobble :) It'll be about 2ft off the ground and about 7ft away from the seats so I don't want to go any bigger than 55". 

Appreciate any insights ye have!

Red
    Hi RedXIV,

The OLEDs would definitely be the best for picture quality.

The cheapest I would have an OLED would be the OLED55B9 at 1399 euro but this price includes shipping and our 6 year guarantee.

If you;re looking closer to the 1000 euro mark I would recommend one of the last few of last years KD55XF9005 at 999 euro. They are last years models but the Sony 9 series have great panels with great motion processing, very good contrast and an Android operating system:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203177-sony-kd55xf9005-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

This would be the next best thing to the OLED at the best price however they are very low in stock as they are now discontinued.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.