Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from UK fashion Retailer

Options
  • 22-10-2019 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with buying items from the UK website of fashion retailers and having the items then delivered to Ireland!
    I saw a few Items I want to buy on top shop (only available online) when I enter the website it asks do you want to go to the ROI or UK version of the website! There is a hefty difference between the euro price quoted on the roi page and the euro equivalent of the GBP price on uk page!
    I was wondering will the uk website allow you to pay in gbp (using Revolut card) and deliver to Ireland ? Or would the only options be to use an post address pal or one of those service that give you a virtual address.
    Any advise greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

According to their UK site.... International Delivery

Delivery & Returns

DeliveryInternational DeliveryReturns

Standard and Express International Delivery

IRELAND
    Standard Delivery

Up to 5 Working Days

Order by 12pm (GMT)

£4.00

Tracked and Faster

Up to 2 Working Days

Order by 12pm (GMT)

£10.00

FREE standard delivery on orders over £100

FREE standard delivery on orders over £200 for China, Nepal, Madagascar, Bangladesh, Togo and Eritrea. £75 or more for Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Your best bet would be to pay in sterling and get the goods shipped to Parcel Motel in NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Yeah from the sound of the T&Cs on their uk website it looks like they would ship to roi!
    I just want to be ready for black Friday!
    What would the benefit of parcel motel ni be? Sorry I haven’t used them before!

pugw wrote: »
    What would the benefit of parcel motel ni be? Sorry I haven’t used them before!

Parcel Motel costs €3.95 which is usually cheaper than paying a UK mail order firm for 'interntional' shipment. But check the post and packing terms and conditions, the odd UK mail order firm says that shipping is only free to 'mainland' GB or UK, which would exclude NI.

If the cost of both options are not that far apart, consider that PM also has the benefit that you don't have to be at home to accept delivery, you have 48 hours to collect the package after they notify you that it's arrived at your designated collection point.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

I use address pal for this and always buy in sterling. Saying that I've no idea how customs etc will work after brexit.

• Advertisement

maxsmum wrote: »
    I use address pal for this and always buy in sterling.

+1 For this and any other international mail order transaction or if you are abroad and paying for goods or services, always pay the vendor in his own currency. The reason is that if you let him do the conversion, you will get screwed.

Advertisement