If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In-wall speakers

Options
  • 22-10-2019 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Got a LGB8 oled and some monitor audio ceiling speakers for my 5.1.2 setup, am looking at changing my jamo floorstanding speakers to some in wall speakers in the new yer.

Was wondering what your thoughts on in-wall speaker are compared to floor standing, i assume they wont be as good but is the difference really noticeable, am looking at tidying the room so in wall speakers would be ideal.  

Budget isn't massive so would be looking at mid range

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Guys

Got a LGB8 oled and some monitor audio ceiling speakers for my 5.1.2 setup, am looking at changing my jamo floorstanding speakers to some in wall speakers in the new yer.

Was wondering what your thoughts on in-wall speaker are compared to floor standing, i assume they wont be as good but is the difference really noticeable, am looking at tidying the room so in wall speakers would be ideal.  

Budget isn't massive so would be looking at mid range
    Hi eamondunphy,

The in wall speakers do sound good however it depends what floorstanding speakers you would be comparing them to.

If you are looking for in wall speakers I would recommend something like the Monitor Audio CP-WT380-IDC speakers. Some in wall speakers can sound a bit thin but these sound fantastic with a good depth to the sound. They have a pivoting mid-range/tweeter which gives more control over the sound and they use the same style of driver as the old Silver Series speakers:

https://www.monitoraudio.com//en/product-ranges/controlled-performance/cp-wt380idc/

They retail at £419 but I could do them at £355 each.

If you are looking to upgrade the floorstanders I would recommend something like a pair of Fyne F501 speakers. These would give a much better sound than the in walls but you do still have to have space for them. They retail at £1199 but I could do a brand new pair for £1065 if you're interested?

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Hi David 

Thanks for getting back to me, i think the cp-wt380 are out of my price range unfortuenatley.

I see on the monitor audio website that alot of wt speakers are discontinued and that there are now cheaper w180 and w280 models on your website, whats the difference between the older "wt" and the "w" range?

Is the wt380 you mention something thats being phased out soon for example?

I'd more than likely be looking at the w280 

Also, is there much of a difference between the w280 and the larger wss230 style speakers?

Sorry for all the questions

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi David 

Thanks for getting back to me, i think the cp-wt380 are out of my price range unfortuenatley.

I see on the monitor audio website that alot of wt speakers are discontinued and that there are now cheaper w180 and w280 models on your website, whats the difference between the older "wt" and the "w" range?

Is the wt380 you mention something thats being phased out soon for example?

I'd more than likely be looking at the w280 

Also, is there much of a difference between the w280 and the larger wss230 style speakers?

Sorry for all the questions

Hi Eamondunphy.

The WT range is indeed the older version and there is very little stock left of it.
    Both the WT and the W have the same spec but they look different.
    One the WT was discontinued it was replaced with the W280.

We have 8 of the WT280 left and then they are finished. I could offer these for £145 each.
    For the NEW W280 I could offer at £175 and they are currently a special order product. 10-14 days lead time.

You could not compare the W280 and the WSS230. They are two completely different beasts.
    The WSS230 has more drivers and will produce a more detailed audio.

Hope this helps a little.

Any questions please let me know.

Thanks Kenny

And would the wss130 and wss230 be a better choice than a wt280 or w280 in your opinion? 

If so whats your best prices on them, and would a wss130 be better than a w280 becuase it has more drivers even though its a 1 series instead of 2?

I'm guessing installation is similar, so wouldn't be a problem.

I need a sub also so was looking at the iws10

Thanks Kenny

And would the wss130 and wss230 be a better choice than a wt280 or w280 in your opinion? 

If so whats your best prices on them, and would a wss130 be better than a w280 becuase it has more drivers even though its a 1 series instead of 2?

I'm guessing installation is similar, so wouldn't be a problem.

I need a sub also so was looking at the iws10
    Hi Eamondunphy.

In my opinion the Wss range would be better than the WT and W range.

The Wss130 again in my opinion would sound the better as with having the 3 drivers it can control the tones much better.
    The 280 has the larger driver but again as the Wss130 has more drivers it can create a more detailed sound.

You can also get a Wss230 which is another step up over the Wss130
    https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/product-ranges/super-slim/wss230/

Wss130 priced at £219 each - I could offer at £170.00 Each.
    Wss230 priced at £280 each - I could offer at £220.00 Each.

The IWS10 is been pretty popular and is a great product. Currently retails at £299 but I could offer one to you at £250.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13739-monitor-audio-iws10-in-wall-passive-sub-each.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny

Just trying to see if i can stretch my budget to get the wss230 instead of the wss130, is there a major noticeable difference do you think?

Also is there any clearance/cheap centre speakers like the monitor audio wt250 lcr left? I actually forgot about the centre speaker!

Sorry to add more but would the wss130 or wss230 be suitable for the lcr middle front speaker or am i better sticking to someting like the wt250 lcr?

Sorry to add more but would the wss130 or wss230 be suitable for the lcr middle front speaker or am i better sticking to someting like the wt250 lcr?
    Hi Eamondunphy.

The Wss are more designed as a left and right speaker rather than a centre.
    The Wss230 would produce more detail over the Wss130.

If it was me I would stick with one of the LCR's.
    I have one of the WT250 LCR left in stock which I could offer at £149.00

Let me know your thoughts.

Hi Kenny

I've just sent you a PM on this

Hi Kenny

I've just sent you a PM on this
    Cheers EamonDunphy :)

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.