Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 cyclocross options on Chain Reactions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I heart that purple/black Marin paintjob. Unfortunately I've no comments on the rest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

why put sram shifters on an otherwise shimano build? on the cube, i mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

That is strange alright!

The Cube components seem to be pretty high spec but it's a good bit cheaper than the SRAM Apex which I believe is quite a bit lower compared to Ultegra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Photo shows them as Ultegra.
    SRAM levers wouldn't be compatible with an Ultegra mech - different pull ratios afaik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭headbanger.

Cube's spec is incorrect on CRC, here is the link to the page on manufacturer's site:
    https://www.cube.eu/en/2019/bikes/road/road-cyclocross/cross-race/cube-cross-race-sl-rednorange-2019/

So it has a complete Ultegra hydraulic groupset which is two levels higher than the Apex.

Marin has it's own advantages - 1x drivetrain, tubeless compatible wheels and tyres (which are also wider than on the Cube), flared handlebars, carbon seatpost.

Cube looks like a better value for money but, in my opinion, all these advantages of the Marin will bring more benefits for off-road ride than just a better groupset.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Discounts on crc are meaningless as for most online retailers. Great value with planet x for cx bikes. Full carbon sram force for 1400.

Cube's spec is incorrect on CRC, here is the link to the page on manufacturer's site:
    https://www.cube.eu/en/2019/bikes/road/road-cyclocross/cross-race/cube-cross-race-sl-rednorange-2019/

So it has a complete Ultegra hydraulic groupset which is two levels higher than the Apex.

Marin has it's own advantages - 1x drivetrain, tubeless compatible wheels and tyres (which are also wider than on the Cube), flared handlebars, carbon seatpost.

Cube looks like a better value for money but, in my opinion, all these advantages of the Marin will bring more benefits for off-road ride than just a better groupset.

Ah yes, I see it's 2x11 Ultegra and I'd really prefer a 1x set up.

Advertisement