Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rob tourists at gunpoint & have your anonymity protected?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

F$ck them , gas the f$ckers and spend the money saved on services for those in genuine need. The elderly, working poor those with special needs education ........

Yea

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Another person arrested for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Is there such as place on this planet, whereby mind altering substances, legal or illegal, are not available? Maybe we should just increase funding and resources substantially in these areas, to try deal with it more effectively
    When China was liberated it had the worst drug problem in history.

The Communists immediately shot all 'big time' dealers (quasi legal opium sellers) and gave all addicts a year to get clean.

A year later they shot everyone who still smoked opium.

A great policy and very effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

The Communists immediately shot all 'big time' dealers (quasi legal opium sellers) and gave all addicts a year to get clean.

Yeah but the international community are ok with China doing this. They are also allowed to build and fill concentration camps. I don’t think this is a realistic strategy for us.

jackboy wrote: »
    Yeah but the international community are ok with China doing this. They are also allowed to build and fill concentration camps. I don’t think this is a realistic strategy for us.

The illegal drug business can never be eliminated without widespread hanging.

If we won't use hanging we should simply legalise drugs; reduce the price hugely but DON'T provide rehab services - they cost a fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,598 ✭✭✭jackboy

If we won't use hanging we should simply legalise drugs; reduce the price hugely but DON'T provide rehab services - they cost a fortune.

Well at least that would eliminate a lot of the violent crime. We still should have some rehab though, drug addicts have negative impact on families and society.

jackboy wrote: »
    Well at least that would eliminate a lot of the violent crime. We still should have some rehab though, drug addicts have negative impact on families and society.

The disease model of addiction may be useful in some countries but in this country it does more harm than good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Armed robbery. With a replica. I mean, how the f*** can it be armed robbery with a f***ing replica?
    -Begbie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭worded

Addicted to pleasure, a great documentary series - This one is Opium (this is just part of the docu)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

https://www.thejournal.ie/guinness-storehouse-robbery-2-4872382-Oct2019/

Thank god it’s not Martin Nolan looking after this case. It would be suspended sentences for all due to hard upbringing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    GDPR should be repealed.

It is a terrible piece of legislation.

It is like the world's biggest wet blanket. Stifling everything.... law enforcement, business, the economy, simple inquiries.

I am so sick of it. I mean, I don’t really understand GDPR. I accept that. But what gets me is that you know that most people who trot it out haven’t a notion what it actually means either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,310 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Armed robbery. With a replica. I mean, how the f*** can it be armed robbery with a f***ing replica?
    -Begbie

AND........................it wasn't loaded

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The illegal drug business can never be eliminated without widespread hanging.

A lot of junkies don't enjoy the life. It's about maintaining after the first few goes.

Sadly we have junkies in society. Writing off sections of society we don't like is a failure. Not saying we should or shouldn't write them off just that it would be a failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Hal3000 wrote: »
    https://www.thejournal.ie/guinness-storehouse-robbery-2-4872382-Oct2019/

Thank god it’s not Martin Nolan looking after this case. It would be suspended sentences for all due to hard upbringing.

Funny that you mention Judge Nolan....he dealt with Mallon previously, back in 2012.
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-jailed-for-five-years-for-holding-onto-almost-200000-worth-of-heroin-26870443.html
    A MAN has been jailed for five years at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court after almost €200,000 worth of heroin was found in his home.

Gareth Mallon (30) of Lower Sherrif Street, Dublin pleaded guilty to possession of heroin, worth €193,000, for sale or supply at his home on November 29, 2006.

He has 14 previous convictions mainly for road traffic offences and two for drug dealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I guess these tourists have learned a hard lesson and won't be back :(

In most civilised cities you can go to the top tourist spot and, while you may be ripped off, you will be perfectly safe and feel safe.

Not here.

I’ve been in really rough parts of the city centre in both Lisbon and Prague off the top of my head. Dublin is not unique in this regard by any stretch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

"A lot of junkies don't enjoy the life. It's about maintaining after the first few goes."

Yea it's a shame there's no evidence or historical proof for these people that heroin addiction has nothing other than a profoundly positive effect on your life...........oh wait

Advertisement