Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boil water notice affecting D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

FFS have been horsing the water into me all day... same with the kids all they drink is water.

Off to buy some bottled in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭swatch

Is Castleknock effected by the boil water notice? It’s not listed in the involved areas by RTE but doesn’t look to be coloured in on the map although map isn’t terribly clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

LorelaiG wrote: »
    FFS have been horsing the water into me all day... same with the kids all they drink is water.

Off to buy some bottled in the morning

https://www.fsai.ie/news_centre/food_alerts/Celtic_Pure.html

Careful which one you buy!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

swatch wrote: »
    Is Castleknock effected by the boil water notice? It’s not listed in the involved areas by RTE but doesn’t look to be coloured in on the map although map isn’t terribly clear?

Given that all the areas around Castleknock are affected, I wouldn't take the chance that it's not affected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Whole of Dublin pretty much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Had read this last night too. It's crazy what's going on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

What I find weird is I know some areas in D15 don't suffer from lime and some do. I was told the latter supply is from meath the other from Wicklow.

But these maps for this boil notice don't align with my experience of lime and hard water in the area.

Seems like Irish water are very unclear about it all. Very poorly communicated. It's over half a million people effected. You'd think they'd be able to give more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

BDI wrote: »
    Whole of Dublin pretty much.

Well that's not even slightly true.

Well that's not even slightly true.

Half of it anyway

• Advertisement

Another boil water notice just been announced by Irish Water. Seemingly heavy rain has caused problems at the Leixlip treatment plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Got a link?
    Can't see anything on water.ie yet

ongarite wrote: »
    Got a link?
    Can't see anything on water.ie yet

It's being reported by Richard Chambers and others on Twitter, but nothing from Irish Water directly yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Aload of bollox tbh

In this day and age

Country will come to stand still

• Registered Users Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭blackcard

600,000 people affected again. Apparently water levels in the reservoirs dropped during the recent incident. They brought an older plant back into production to try and restore levels. However, turbidity levels increased following the recent rains and plant has had to be shut down. I imagine the boil water notice will be lifted quickly but extreme bad publicity for Irish Water

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Bit of a mess. Irish Water are tweeting that it’s in place while Irish Water customer care are tweeting that it’s been lifted.

Edit: The ‘lifted’ tweets have been deleted.

Prob a stupid question

Ive no dishwasher

Can i use the immersion water to clean the delph ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Prob a stupid question

Ive no dishwasher

Irish water today tweeted that water needs to be 82c to be safe (which rules out most dishwashers) so I would say you need to use boiling water that's cooled a little but not much

Prob a stupid question

Ive no dishwasher

Caranica wrote: »
    Irish water today tweeted that water needs to be 82c to be safe (which rules out most dishwashers) so I would say you need to use boiling water that's cooled a little but not much

Immersion ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Immersion ?

Doubt that heats to 82c? Google says 60

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Immersion ?

Not hot enough, you need to boil it in a pot or kettle

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Caranica wrote: »

Ah come on, dishwasher use as normal sure to be fine. We’re reaching a bit here.

dodzy wrote: »
    Ah come on, dishwasher use as normal sure to be fine. We’re reaching a bit here.

During the first boil notice a spokesperson from Irish Water was on the radio saying dishwasher use is fine. I’ve just searched on Twitter though and they’re saying you can only use it if it has a sanitising cycle.

sanitising cycle?

beauf wrote: »
    sanitising cycle?

Yeah, never heard of it. We got a new dishwasher recently with all sorts of cycles so I must investigate later. We’ve been using our usual cycle during the boil notice and we’re grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Not hot enough, you need to boil it in a pot or kettle

Am i missing something. Boil notice is only for drinking and cooking water. Not for washing etc. Fine for washing dishes or am i wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Officially, they're saying no dishwashers can be used unless it gets to 82 degrees.

https://twitter.com/IWCare/status/1191767355027853312

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Am i missing something. Boil notice is only for drinking and cooking water. Not for washing etc. Fine for washing dishes or am i wrong.

That's true, I thought the question was does immersion water meet the requirements of the boil water notice in general, I blame my headcold for not reading it properly, apologies!

Advertisement