Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Applied for job- still position not filled?

• 22-10-2019 8:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭

I'm just wondering has anyone been in this situation?
    Its very specific job and got alot of interest from public. However I am decently qualified for role.
    Problem is that closing date was 16th of September. Thus far no word back. And position has still not been filled--(know someone who works there)
    I sent email just to follow up and answer was they are still looking throught applications.
    It's just very odd it would take that long?
    Has anyone ever been made to wait that long? Or is my dream job never will happen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,142 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Five weeks is nothing. The other week I interviewed for a job that I applied for in March last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭mea_k

Five weeks is nothing. The other week I interviewed for a job that I applied for in March last year!

Phew I might be in chance still so. It's been long 7 years waiting for this position to come available.

Year is crazy tho?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Likeabossboss

My guess is that they don’t plan on conducting interviews till the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭mea_k

My guess is that they don’t plan on conducting interviews till the new year.

I'm starting to think that too.
    I will be blessed if I get it tho, not well paid job. But job that will make me happy.
    Unusual that never mentioned the fact it may be that long. Fortunately I'm in good position now anyway, but I'm just like a kid waiting for Xmas morning 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

We've had an open role in my company for 12 months. 5 people have made it to the final stages and have been rejected for not being the right fit so the role remains open. Any number of reasons that you could be waiting.

If it was me, I'd be asking the hiring manager for some info over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Likeabossboss

mea_k wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that too.
    I will be blessed if I get it tho, not well paid job. But job that will make me happy.
    Unusual that never mentioned the fact it may be that long. Fortunately I'm in good position now anyway, but I'm just like a kid waiting for Xmas morning 😊

Don’t put all your eggs in ones basket. You sound like you allready have the job

Advertisement