Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction for trolling!

Options
  • 22-10-2019 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there I got infraction for trolling...
    I was not trolling in any way and wasn't aware of any wrong doing having a discussion about the new mobile group GoMo.

I wasn't attacking anyone or commenting on any other poster.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Presumably you are referring to the infraction you received in Bargain Alerts just over an hour ago?

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod? That's the first step in the dispute process

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Beasty wrote: »
    Presumably you are referring to the infraction you received in Bargain Alerts just over an hour ago?

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod? That's the first step in the dispute process

Ok I just mail them then?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Yes, but I would suggest you look at the reason provided, and also look at the forum charter and any special rules for the thread in question. The mod may simply say you have broken an explicit rule, in which case you are probably at their mercy as to whether they agree to overturn or reduce it. Alternatively it could be a matter of misinterpretation. I have not looked at this and therefore I am just giving examples of how to approach the mod

You may then resolve this directly meaning a dispute thread is not required, or agree it goes to appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Beasty wrote: »
    Yes, but I would suggest you look at the reason provided, and also look at the forum charter and any special rules for the thread in question. The mod may simply say you have broken an explicit rule, in which case you are probably at their mercy as to whether they agree to overturn or reduce it. Alternatively it could be a matter of misinterpretation. I have not looked at this and therefore I am just giving examples of how to approach the mod

You may then resolve this directly meaning a dispute thread is not required, or agree it goes to appeal

Ok Cheers Beasty

Advertisement