Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage/Mortgage Protection Question

• 22-10-2019 9:18pm

I got a mortgage last year and somewhere in the middle of the excitement I was talked into paying 150 per month for a full life assurance policy including mortgage protection, serious illness cover etc. I have a ridiculous level of cover that I don’t think I really need.

I don’t really want to pay for this anymore. Can I cancel this or do I need another policy in place first?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

As long as you can provide the lender with a life policy that'll satisfy their interest you can do whatever you want after that

As long as you can provide the lender with a life policy that'll satisfy their interest you can do whatever you want after that

Thanks! Yeah I think I’ll get a more basic mortgage cover policy in place and then cancel the other one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Thanks! Yeah I think I’ll get a more basic mortgage cover policy in place and then cancel the other one.

I'd suggest you get a thorough fee based financial review done - the policy you are considering cancelling might be better than other(s) you may be paying for.

Advertisement