Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boil water notice

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭bren2001

beauf wrote: »
    In a discussion somewhere else most seem to be at around 70~75. Even those with a sanitize cycle.

Also many do a rinse cycle at the end, which is at a much lower temperature etc. So even if your dishwasher had cleaned them at a higher temp, it will rinse them with cooler water. So they become contaminated again.

That makes sense all right. I can't say I know the ins and outs of the dishwasher washing cycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Had to look mine up.

The suggestion not to use it, was overruled.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

Notice now lifted.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

I think they felt the heat once Ruth Coppinger started talking.........

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Irish Water knew about bacteria risk at plant five years ago
    Irish Water was warned five-and-a-half years ago about the problems that led to the country's biggest-ever drinking water contamination scare.

An assessment of works needed at the Leixlip Water Treatment Plant in July 2014 reported that filters were failing and may not be removing bacteria and parasites, including cryptosporidium.

It was among a number of assessments that detailed serious deterioration and neglect at the plant.

It was found to be operating with out-dated technology, corroded parts and unreliable back-up systems from an overcrowded, leaking premises described as a fire hazard with likely asbestos contamination.

Linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Why am I not surprised?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Why am I not surprised?

Because you're chemically castrated not to be

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

So I'm going to be emailing every Councillor/TD in Lucan about this, and what's going to happen.

1) Clearly there has been a cover-up/lies, why hasn't anyone who took no action despite alarms/warnings given been immediately sacked?

2) After the first notice the map provided was very poor and not clear at all. During a health scare, many homes/businesses were unclear about who was under the boil notice, why did Irish Water not provide better information? Who decided that map was acceptable and why are they not immediately removed?

3) Why was the website taken down for maintenance and unusable for hours during the initial boil water notice?

4) What's your plan to fix this and what action is taken against Irish Water managers for allowing this to happen?

Are some of my basic questions

Local Councillors

Paul Gogarthy
    Liona O'Toole
    Vicki Casserly
    Joanna Tuffy
    Ed O'Brien

TD's

Eoin O'Broin
    Gino Kenny
    John Curran
    Mark Ward

I wonder how many will actually respond or give a **** but what else can we do

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

IvySlayer wrote: »
    So I'm going to be emailing every Councillor/TD in Lucan about this, and what's going to happen.

1) Clearly there has been a cover-up/lies, why hasn't anyone who took no action despite alarms/warnings given been immediately sacked?

2) After the first notice the map provided was very poor and not clear at all. During a health scare, many homes/businesses were unclear about who was under the boil notice, why did Irish Water not provide better information? Who decided that map was acceptable and why are they not immediately removed?

3) Why was the website taken down for maintenance and unusable for hours during the initial boil water notice?

4) What's your plan to fix this and what action is taken against Irish Water managers for allowing this to happen?

Are some of my basic questions

Local Councillors

Paul Gogarthy
    Liona O'Toole
    Vicki Casserly
    Joanna Tuffy
    Ed O'Brien

TD's

Eoin O'Broin
    Gino Kenny
    John Curran
    Mark Ward

I wonder how many will actually respond or give a **** but what else can we do

Simple thing is don't vote any of the TD's in again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

And their response will be "Thank you for your concern, the contents of which are noted by the deputy"

• Advertisement
Advertisement