Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

39 people found dead in trailer in UK

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

STB. wrote: »
    GTR are the leasing company. They are registered in Dublin, but have various locations including Dundalk and Monaghan. The refrigerated unit was leased on 15th October from the Monaghan depot.

Details have been provided to the police about those that leased it. The question remains who they are, who picked it up, where the refrigeration unit went and who dropped it at Zeebruggee. Then who hired the independent cab driver to pick it up.

These are the questions journalists have failed to get responses to.

All that has been released is fine detail of the independent cab chap who picked up the leased refrigerated unit when it docked in Essex and who made the discovery and reported it.

Itv news answered a lot of those questions, it was leased to a company just south of the irish border and went as far as lille in northern france . Cant remember all the details of where it went and when but they stated them. It didnt go far from zebrugge.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Question if it's ok to ask. How was this guy stopped?

Was it a random check or did the police get a phone call to check so and so

According to reports I read it was the driver himself who called 999 when he discovered the bodies.
    Also read he actually passed out at first.

Such a horrible situation. Feel bad for the driver having his name and photo all over the place. (unless of course he was actually involved!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

easypazz wrote: »
    Itv news answered a lot of those questions, it was leased to a company just south of the irish border and went as far as lille in northern france . Cant remember all the details of where it went and when but they stated them. It didnt go far from zebrugge.

I haven't see ITV news, but I have read the Irish Times who are saying (in a confused manner) that the Gardai are looking into those behind a now-defunct Irish haulage business, who had also registered another haulage business, and vehicles, in Bulgaria. "This may have been done in an attempt to continue trading as an international operator, while employing the man arrested in Essex".

I assume the reporter was talking about those that leased the Unit from GTR. A defunct company......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Terribly sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Ira

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

US2 wrote: »
    Ira
    Say what??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

It is a bit unnerving to think that all the people upset by this story are the same virtue signallers who buy products produced by low paid and overworked Asian people, it's a clown world really, you couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It is a bit unnerving to think that all the people upset by this story are the same virtue signallers who buy products produced by low paid and overworked Asian people, it's a clown world really, you couldn't make it up.

Believe me I can't even ****ing imagine how terrible it was for the people in the trailer. Yet I can't ****ing understand how you connected it to the fact that I, and many others, use products made in China???

What makes you so special, no products made in Asia in your house or you just don't feel an empathy towards the victims?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

HiGlo wrote: »
    According to reports I read it was the driver himself who called 999 when he discovered the bodies.
    Also read he actually passed out at first.

Such a horrible situation. Feel bad for the driver having his name and photo all over the place. (unless of course he was actually involved!)

Yeah.
    Be messed up to discover that. Tell you what tho that's some phone call to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I do suspect the driver is innocent in this case, and may in fact have been setup by others who knew what was going on. I guess we ll know in time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭blackwhite

knipex wrote: »
    BUT is inter EU shipping (Ireland - France, Ireland - UK, UK - Belgium) classed as international shipping ?

Isn't the EU a customs free single market ?

Any transportation between two countries is considered international transport - whether intra-EU or between non-EU countries.

The single customs market relates to trade tariffs, common safety standards and regulations etc. It doesn't mean that IMO regulations are dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The device or at least part of the device you used to type that post was made in Asia by low paid workers.

Now the right thing to do would be take that device and flush it down the toilet, but the button or flush for the toilet was more than likely made in Asia.

You are stuck, I feel for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Seems that they are tracking a criminal network with links to dissident elements here.

Did I hear correctly on the news that they now believe they flew from China to somewhere in Europe first?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Boggles wrote: »
    The device or at least part of the device you used to type that post was made in Asia by low paid workers.

Now the right thing to do would be take that device and flush it down the toilet, but the button or flush for the toilet was more than likely made in Asia.

Or stick it up their hole, the part where they do all their talking out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boggles wrote: »

the nuance you missed was
    all the people upset by this story

Clearly our friend is not included in that cohort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I think he is either innocent or manipulated into helping inappropriately small way.

If he was fully involved I don't see why he would call the police. Nobody knows they were there so the whole thing could have been cover up easily enough
    Bury the people and burn the trailer . Who would do DNA on the trailer. It would simply be an insurance claim

Sadly no one would be looking for them in the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I think he is either innocent or manipulated into helping inappropriately small way.

If he was fully involved I don't see why he would call the police. Nobody knows they were there so the whole thing could have been cover up easily enough
    Bury the people and burn the trailer . Who would do DNA on the trailer. It would simply be an insurance claim

Sadly no one would be looking for them in the uk.

Bury 39 bodies? Really.

PostWoke wrote: »
    Do we know any more apart from 'Chinese' at the moment? Really hope they weren't Uighur, fleeing Chinese camps only to die like this anyway...

I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't their first time crossing the channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

PostWoke wrote: »
    Do we know any more apart from 'Chinese' at the moment? Really hope they weren't Uighur, fleeing Chinese camps only to die like this anyway...

I read an article only this week on the gulags in China; makes terrifying reading indeed and it does seem very likely that these were doing just that.

Header was " A million people are jailed in Chinese gulags!" by a woman who managed to escape .. conditions unspeakable

As you say, doubly tragic

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Bury 39 bodies? Really.

Why not. The sick people involved in this kind of thing arnt going to care about the poor people involved.

There are people out there that would do anything

Look at Patrick quirk.

• Advertisement

That is one weird f*&ked up outlook you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

Why not. The sick people involved in this kind of thing arnt going to care about the poor people involved.

How is someone going to covertly bury 39 bodies? Logistically challenging to say the least ....

skallywag wrote: »
    How is someone going to covertly bury 39 bodies? Logistically challenging to say the least ....

Very easily. It's a big fridge. Park it up somewhere really remote and leave it going. Find a field well hidden controlled by one of your fellow gang/ criminals/scumbags and hire a digger and dig a hole.
    Go really deep and put the bodies in, fill it back in , concrete yard over it .
    Nobody is looking for these people in the uk so would never suspect anything

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Very easily. It's a big fridge. Park it up somewhere really remote and leave it going. Find a field well hidden controlled by one of your fellow gang/ criminals/scumbags and hire a digger and dig a hole.

A great future in fictional writing beckons.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I know this is wrong to be even talking about such a thing but dude... that's just fantasy :pac:
    It would work in the movies not real life.

I know this is wrong to be even talking about such a thing but dude... that's just fantasy :pac:
    It would work in the movies not real life.

I don't like talking like this either

I don't see why it would not work
    There are holes dug all over rural Ireland every day .
    I don't see why uk would be different

I'm not saying an average Joe could do it bit well organised gang easily could.

Your not giving any reason why it couldn't be done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

The young lad looks totally innocent, he loved being a truck driver and had it plastered all over facebook, he even had his truck pimped out too. Not the typical persona of a criminal to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

theguzman wrote: »
    The young lad looks totally innocent, he loved being a truck driver and had it plastered all over facebook, he even had his truck pimped out too. Not the typical persona of a criminal to me.

I know plenty of criminals who own pimped out trucks, it is not at all uncommon to send one off to Holland to get a €20k interior fitted, for cash...

How he looks is irrelevant, let the law decide (Although this craic of naming and shaming as soon as one is arrested is awful, the UK is a complete and utter shithole)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

I don't like talking like this either

I don't see why it would not work
    There are holes dug all over rural Ireland every day .
    I don't see why uk would be different

I'm not saying an average Joe could do it bit well organised gang easily could.

Your not giving any reason why it couldn't be done

These people do have friends and families. Some are bound to know where they were going and start wondering why they haven't heard from them in a while.

Some would have family members/friends already in the UK and they will be waiting for them to arrive. It is a myth that if an immigrant in the UK has family in another country, they get automatic asylum. So they too would have to stowaway.

Now, the hole big enough to bury 39 bodies. England isn't really like Ireland, there's actually very few huge open spaces where the bodies could be buried. It's all farmland or public parkland. It's a very built up country with a large population. Ground disturbance is very easy to spot. A mass grave would be detected pretty quickly, actually. In fact, you probably wouldn't get away with doing this in rural Ireland, either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Can’t get these poor people out of my head. BBC this morning says that official China are reporting it on official TV but omitting to say that the dead are Chinese.
    Obviously official China will never admit that China is not perfect nor will they admit that Chinese people would choose to live anywhere other than China.
    Millions of people in rural remote China are living in poverty. These people smuggling gangs apparently show them “The Darling Buds of May” and suchlike and tell them this is what it’s like in UK. Beautiful scenery and good well paid jobs for everyone.
    They don’t tell them that you will probably drown while collecting whelks on Morecombe Bay or in a lorry in Essex.

Advertisement