Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

39 people found dead in trailer in UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

easypazz wrote: »
    Just quoting the police arrested the guy on suspicion of murder.

There was 39 dead people in the back of his truck what else were they supposed to arrest him for? Plus if it’s an arrest on suspicion of murder they can hold him longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hypothermia can cause you to take off clothing. Paradoxial undressing.

How do you know that?
    Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

No I havent solved anything. Its just hard to think all these irish people are just caught up in this by coincidence.

Is that what you are expecting? All these irish people to b e released without charge and a criminal gang from some other country just happened to hire them in. Is that your read on this?

I don't have a 'read' on it and I don't jump to conclusions.

Irish people are no less likely to be involved in criminality than the next nationality.

We will find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

How do you know that?
    Just curious.

I know sod all about hypothermia but I’ve heard of that. Especially if you frequent the thread about climbing Mt Everest which was trending earlier this year or the Dyatolov Pass incident which is often mentioned in the unsolved mysteries thread. Some of the many educational threads I peruse on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Well the evidence I have seen so far is 4 irish arrested, 2 companies near the border involved in the lease of the trailer and tractor unit and not much else.

It looks to me like an Irish criminal operation are involved.
    So not the IRA then like you earlier alluded to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭pummice

Couple arrested in England are from Offaly and are named in Irish Daily Mail.

Sky News reporting that social media reports from Vietnam are saying this was one of 3 trucks carrying over 100 immigrants into UK, the other 2 trucks made it, this one was delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

pummice wrote: »
    Couple arrested in England are from Offaly and are named in Irish Daily Mail.

Sky News reporting that social media reports from Vietnam are saying this was one of 3 trucks carrying over 100 immigrants into UK, the other 2 trucks made it, this one was delayed.

If that’s true then it’s a huge operation and very lucrative.
    Hope they’re all caught and severely dealt with.

There are a lot of mysterious people with a lot of mysterious wealth all over Ireland and I often wondered where their wealth came from. Living beyond visible means.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

KingBobby wrote: »
    I didnt know that, thanks for the info. Then one would assume their end came from hypothermia? Either way, absolutely horrific

Is there a report somewhere that they were undressed? Yes Hypothermia can cause people to take of clothes, because it causes confusion and irrational behaviour, but it would be highly unusual if everyone took off clothes. I would have thought most would have wrapped up and huddled up if they were hypothermic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭downcow

How do you know that?
    Just curious.

in short. A cold body restricts flow of blood to vital organs. as it deteriorates blood flow to brain decreases thus causing confusion and irrational, illogical behaviour - but that won't lead everyone to undress

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KingBobby

downcow wrote: »
    Is there a report somewhere that they were undressed? Yes Hypothermia can cause people to take of clothes, because it causes confusion and irrational behaviour, but it would be highly unusual if everyone took off clothes. I would have thought most would have wrapped up and huddled up if they were hypothermic

The crappy red top papers reported it https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10215863/essex-lorry-deaths-news-found-naked-bloody-handprints/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Calypso Realm

Latest is now a 22-year-old has been arrested at Dublin Port. Wanted by Essex Police.

Looks like the other driver they were seeking. Arrived on a ferry from France. Truck he was driving impounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭No Bills

Latest is now a 22-year-old has been arrested at Dublin Port. Wanted by Essex Police.
    Returning from France on a ferry. Seems to be the truck driver who was driving the truck and trailer while it was on the Continent. Perhaps the person who delivered the trailer to Zeebrugge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

No Bills wrote: »
    Returning from France on a ferry. Seems to be the truck driver who was driving the truck and trailer while it was on the Continent. Perhaps the person who delivered the trailer to Zeebrugge.

Noose is tightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Calypso Realm

Apparently he's due to appear in the Criminal Court @ 4.30 and was arrested as a result of an outstanding court warrant for an offence committed.

We'll hear more, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Jesus, I'm beginning to wonder if your man Mo was actually involved in this now, or was he "just a young buck, hungry for the road" as quite a few of my trucker pals described him.

I wonder if 25 year old Mo and the 22 year old fella arrested know each other?

I have my fingers crossed, not just for him - but for his family and friends that he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, because at 25, and the press exposure he's gotten already, if he's involved in this, his life is as good as finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

I would think the authorities would have been looking for information from the company/individuals referred to in this IT report. It would seem relevant background material:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/gps-data-reveals-trajectory-of-refrigerated-trailer-in-which-migrants-died-1.4063110

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

Mo Robinson charged with manslaughter and other offences. (Sky -breaking news)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

The longer the driver is held, the worse it is looking for him. I guess you could say he is helping with enquiries and I hope for his sake he is innocent. But if anyone is guilty I hope they go down for an awfully long time for this.
    This also won't help the anti Irish sentiment in some quarters in GB (specifically England TBH) around Ireland holding back Brexit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then the man from "Monaghan" has been charged after 4 days, it was that or release him so hopefully they charged him with good back up evidence rather than to keep him in the system and maybe talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Jesus, I'm beginning to wonder if your man Mo was actually involved in this now, or was he "just a young buck, hungry for the road" as quite a few of my trucker pals described him.

I have my fingers crossed, not just for him - but for his family and friends that he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, because at 25, and the press exposure he's gotten already, if he's involved in this, his life is as good as finished.

And his missus is pregnant with twins.

More lives destroyed.

• Advertisement

So then the man from "Monaghan" has been charged after 4 days, it was that or release him so hopefully they charged him with good back up evidence rather than to keep him in the system and maybe talking.

Why Monagahan in quotes - it was known from start that he was from Portadown

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Charged to appear at Chelmsford magistrates court on Monday next.

If he's lucky he'll be out to see them getting married.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Multiple charges, they appear to think he was in the thick of it.

He has obviously come clean and blown the whole thing apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why Monagahan in quotes - it was known from start that he was from Portadown

Sure but I was referring back to "derrymcorry" he got a bee in his bonnet about the drivers origins and then got banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Boggles wrote: »

Interested to see if we hear from his sister, hopefully she can clear all this up with an informative Facebook post.

Lure of a few easy quid. 30min drive open the doors, get a wad of cash. Easy money.

More than likely, but with truckers they spend a long time on the ferries with each other and it is a smallish number of people so with them being a similar I'd guess they would know each other - one way or another.

Boggles wrote: »

For the thread:
    He is due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates' Court on Monday 28 October charged with 39 counts of manslaughter, conspiracy to traffic people, conspiracy to assist unlawful immigration and money laundering
    Source: https://news.sky.com/story/essex-lorry-deaths-mo-robinson-charged-with-39-counts-of-manslaughter-11845964

From those charges it looks like he was up to his neck in it. Not sure how the manslaughter one will stick if they were already dead when he picked them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Sure but I was referring back to "derrymcorry" he got a bee in his bonnet about the drivers origins and then got banned.

This is the address they used charging him
    Mr Robinson, of Laurel Drive, Craigavon, Northern Ireland, is due before Chelmsford Magistrates' Court on Monday.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-essex-50196265

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sorry if this has been answered before . How would the container ( I don’t know the official word ) get off the ferry to be picked up by Mo Robinson on the dock ?
    Or is it normal for one truck to load it on and another truck to load it off ?

Advertisement