Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

39 people found dead in trailer in UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Odelay

Fancy truck for a guy who doesn't even work it. Comes outs once a month to move a trailer.

Where did you get that information from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

If they were referring to island other than the one this forum is based on, they might have said that.

Why would they, the thread is about something that happened on another island, there was nothing in the post you quoted to indicate otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Odelay

Why would they, the thread is about something that happened on another island, there was nothing in the post you quoted to indicate otherwise

And both islands are geographically known as the British Isles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Odelay wrote: »

Not by the British or Irish Governments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,176 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Odelay wrote: »

:rolleyes: The poster was responding to a comment made about Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

What seems strange for me is how did/do these immigrants stump up the likes of the money figures quoted?

The likes of me or anyone reading this couldn't come up with that sort of cash. How on earth do dirt poor Vietnamese do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

NufcNavan wrote: »
    What seems strange for me is how did/do these immigrants stump up the likes of the money figures quoted?

The likes of me or anyone reading this couldn't come up with that sort of cash. How on earth do dirt poor Vietnamese do it.

I think they have to have so much money upfront and they work for the rest once they get here. Not so different to a form of modern serfdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

:rolleyes: The poster was responding to a comment made about Belfast.

Which you quoted totally out of context, do try to keep up Francis

• Registered Users Posts: 11,952 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I know its the daily Fail, but its saying now that the truck was in a convoy of 3 trucks

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7616611/Families-claim-100-migrants-smuggled-UK-two-completed-journey.html

Which you quoted totally out of context, do try to keep up Francis

What? :confused:

There is no evidence at all that those unfortunate people were destined for this island like 'the people in Belfast'.

That is all I said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It was said on Sky News that the way they do it is family members come up with the money and when the person makes it to whatever country they are going to and start working the plan is to sent back money to their relatives at home, not ssure how exactly that would work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Their parents life savings, based on an interview with father of a young man presumed to be a victim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

A lot of people seem to be denying the blatantly obvious Ireland connection here. 4 Irish people, Irish container, Irish-owned truck, the other driver was arrested in Dublin today ffs. It's clear as day it's some sort of Irish-related gang operating here.

Fancy truck for a guy who doesn't even work it. Comes outs once a month to move a trailer.

I'd imagine he would have been working as much as he could to pay it off if he does own it.

Trucks don't make any money sitting in the yard.

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to be denying the blatantly obvious Ireland connection here. 4 Irish people, Irish container, Irish-owned truck, the other driver was arrested in Dublin today ffs. It's clear as day it's some sort of Irish-related gang operating here.

Who is denying the Irish connection. It's kinda hard to do.

Is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Ah so they're only middle class people, doesn't matter if they're dead so?

Yes. That's exactly what I am saying....:rolleyes:

Is it?

Well, it's unlikely to be linked to a well established legit High Street travel company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Is it?

It is yeah . and good chance it's a gang with ties in the north not south

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Yep, it's as clear as daylight. A lot of people need to wake up and smell the coffee. Ireland is not the grand auld holier than though country people seem to think it is. From the Kinahans to the Quinn stuff on the border this is a small scale island where large scale criminality exists.

• Advertisement

Well, it's unlikely to be linked to a well established legit High Street travel company.

No sh1t Sherlock, it was a Irish gang part of the post I was curious about because I'd seen no mention of it before this.

Reporter saying on RTE that police don't believe the masterminds of the operation are Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Most news reports saying the perpetrators are from Ireland.

None of them saying Northern Ireland or GB even though that’s where the truck driver is from.

Something sinister going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

Obviously provos have a new revenue stream since the shinners cant be seen to be knocking off banks anymore

lola85 wrote: »

Something sinister going on.

Fair play- no flies on you..:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

Fair play- no flies on you..:P

I just mean all the English channels trying to pin this on Ireland whilst Brexit is still going on.

Apologies if this was already answered . I’ve gone back over pages and pages but not the entire thread.
    Who called the ambulance ? The only obvious person is the truck driver. But why would he do this if he complicit in this operation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Not all immigrants or refugees are poor. Many could be considered middle class by our terms but lack travel documents due to restrictions from their government

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Apologies if this was already answered . I’ve gone back over pages and pages but not the entire thread.
    Who called the ambulance ? The only obvious person is the truck driver. But why would he do this if he complicit in this operation ?

All speculation but maybe he was opening the truck to let them out and found them in there and decided to do the right thing at that stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Calypso Realm

Reporter saying on RTE that police don't believe the masterminds of the operation are Irish.

Which in all probability they aren't. I'd imagine they 'were hired' as the transport side of the operation. The real kingpins will most likely never be apprehended.

Advertisement