Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

39 people found dead in trailer in UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Witchie wrote: »
    I am hoping my towns people make sure these people and their families never have a minute peace for the rest of their lives. I hope the kids are raised far away from such despicable murdering scum.

It was an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

People trafficking can often go wrong and some end up as slaves so them making money from the desperation of others and resulting in the deaths of these poor craythurs may not be technically murder but to me it is akin to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

People trafficking can often go wrong and some end up as slaves so them making money from the desperation of others and resulting in the deaths of these poor craythurs may not be technically murder but to me it is akin to it.
    What annoys me is the support they are *still* getting from all the tangs on Facebook. While I disagree that what they’ve done amounts to murder, it’s reckless and cruel what those 39 people were subjected to. I find it plausible that the victims were maybe unaware of the risks involved in getting in a refrigerated trailer over say a curtain side, but I suspect the lorrymen knew fine well the dangers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Fair enough but in my mind they are murderers.

You're saying you suffer from delusions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Today's News: 12 migrants found in refrigerated lorry on motorway car park outside Turnhout (Antwerp)

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/en/2019/10/30/12-migrants-found-in-refrigerated-lorry-on-motorway-car-park/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Calypso Realm

Interesting development (given the recent tragedy) is that about 8-9 migrants were found by a lorry driver in Antwerp in a refrigerated lorry carrying fruit and veg. They have now been handed over to the authorities. Sky News just now.

Just shows the desperation of these poor people and what they're prepared to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

Interesting development (given the recent tragedy) is that about 8-9 migrants were found by a lorry driver in Antwerp in a refrigerated lorry carrying fruit and veg. They have now been handed over to the authorities. Sky News just now.

Just shows the desperation of these poor people and what they're prepared to do.

It's more than likely going on everyday of the week unfortunately.

Glad they've been knicked. These chancers aren't smart enough to preserve their own life, then we have to make it seem as bad an idea as possible.

Rules have to change to every can is getting cracked multiple times along the way.

celt262 wrote: »
    more than likely going on everyday of the week unfortunately.

Absolutely but given what happened in UK, I would have thought refrig lorries would have been avoided at all costs-especially ones where the driver is unaware of their presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    It was an accident.

Were they accidentally locked in a giant fridge then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

celt262 wrote: »
    It's more than likely going on everyday of the week unfortunately.

Sadly it isn't rocket science to work that out given the amount of illegals. Seems it was easy money until it goes tragically wrong.

Also hear that Ronan called the cops to protest Mo's innocence on the day he was arrested.

In that case I wonder why Essex police are looking to speak to the brothers as sounded from the news bulletins they had no prior contact whatsoever with those who'd leased the trailer. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Also, and genuine query here, I'm wondering why a 'criminal gang' wpuld lease it giving their real names? Surely not normal behaviour for those involved in organised crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

Absolutely, no argument from me on that, that's why I said I wonder what evidence they have and how far back it goes.

There does seem to be an awful lot of people arrested, and people wanted to be spoken to following his arrest (Mo Robinson), so I again wonder what evidence the cops garnered from him.

He's either sang like a Canary, or (and this is my theory) they got some unarguable electronic correspondence between devices, such as WhatsApp, Facebook messenger or even just old fashioned call and text logs.

First thing I read about the young lad being arrested coming off the France to Ireland Ferry was that he had disposed of his phone before arriving back.

That's not going to do him much favours if they have his undeniable correspondence on another device imo.

I'm inclined to agree with your theory of the police getting evidence from his phone and apps because if Mo has spilled the beans then, to paraphrase a poster on a trucking forum from up around there, he might not see another birthday. If he keeps his gob shut and does his time he'll be looked after.

PostWoke wrote: »
    Glad they've been knicked. These chancers aren't smart enough to preserve their own life, then we have to make it seem as bad an idea as possible.

Rules have to change to every can is getting cracked multiple times along the way.
    I’d like to see how long you’d last under air strikes in Syria

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

armaghlad wrote: »
    I’d like to see how long you’d last under air strikes in Syria
    Good job they're in Belgium then, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

And from Far east Asia

Were they accidentally locked in a giant fridge then?

... you think they didn't knowingly enter the can knowing it would be locked?

Maybe we should rule it as a suicide hmmm?

No, didn't think so.

The locking isn't a variable here.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭dk1982

Well maybe they wouldn’t be in Belgium trying to get into the UK if the UK weren’t dropping bombs in their home country

• Advertisement

armaghlad wrote: »
    Well maybe they wouldn’t be in Belgium trying to get into the UK if the UK weren’t dropping bombs in their home country

They're Asian viatnamese , don't think there's any bombs being dropped there atm ?

US2 wrote: »
    They're Asian viatnamese , don't think there's any bombs being dropped there atm ?

The refugees found in the lorry in Antwerp were Syrians.

The refugees found in the lorry in Antwerp were Syrians.

Didn't see that, sorry. Can you show me the source ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I doubt this investigation will lead to any snakeheads being arrested
    Robinson will take the fall to ensure the safety of himself and those close to him.

Didn't see that, sorry. Can you show me the source ?

There is many go look.

As such these lads were fleeing legitimate conflict. Glad they're safe now.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

I doubt this investigation will lead to any snakeheads being arrested
    Robinson will take the fall to ensure the safety of himself and those close to him.

Take the fall?u think he's not guilty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

soap1978 wrote: »
    Take the fall?u think he's not guilty?

Taking the fall for the others higher up by not naming names.
    He will be looked after that way,if he sings like a canary he wont last a week in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

There are supposed to have been a convoy of three lorries , where are the other two,
    Did Mr Robinson pull into some quiet estate to open the doors of the fridge unit, and why

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    He will be looked after that way,if he sings like a canary he wont last a week in prison.

Just out of curiosity. Have you stats on how many serious assaults happen in prisons? From my understanding he'd go straight into protection in prison if there was any sort of threat to his life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Woodsie1 wrote: »

If the 'higher ups' are mostly 'Irish Catholic' of some description will anyone in an English prison care though? Might even be a positive in that environment...

Advertisement