Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

39 people found dead in trailer in UK

Options

Comments

I think, registering a lorry that spends most of its time driving around europe, is the trucking equivalent of registering a ship in Limassol or Panama.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Aegir wrote: »
    I think, registering a lorry that spends most of its time driving around europe, is the trucking equivalent of registering a ship in Limassol or Panama.

Just so I understand the inference here, is that you open yourself to risks of this if you are in trucking in Europe, correct?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

The English probably blamed it on the naughty fenians yet it was one of their own unionists. That will annoy Varadkar, he would love any reason to hate on a northern Catholic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

scotchy wrote: »
    The guy told me that earlier when they were saying the driver was from NI, he actually said that there were several of these lorries around where he lived, he lives in Monaghan .
    The alleged driver is from Portadown, exact same tractor unit all over his Facebook page

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭derrymcorry

The English probably blamed it on the naughty fenians yet it was one of their own unionists. That will annoy Varadkar, he would love any reason to hate on a northern Catholic

A UVF member apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭celt262

A UVF member apparently.

Interesting

PostWoke wrote: »
    Just so I understand the inference here, is that you open yourself to risks of this if you are in trucking in Europe, correct?

no, it is a way of avoiding paying tax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Paul Lee

Stop social welfare.

Is he in the UVF?
    A UVF member apparently.
    celt262 wrote: »
    Interesting

why do some small minded individuals have to infect some threads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

Company mentioned earlier on this thread - similar one in from Lisburn (reg office anyway) and has a female director. No direction as to its business activity

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭derrymcorry

He is a UVF member according to social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

?

This thread has brought out some funny ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Paul Lee

The elites need a new slave class. Hence why the press calls out anyone who criticised mass immigration as "racists". I'm racist for not wanting Africans to die in a trailer. I'm racist for wanting to halt growing racism. Bringing in fascist laws won't stop racism from spreading. Stopping social welfare will halt racism in it's tracks. But the powers that be don't want that, do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

Paul Lee wrote: »
    Stop social welfare.

Why? What do you actually think that will achieve? I'm being serious, by the way. because you talk as if there's a welcome committee in every port just waiting to hand out free cash to every immigrant setting foot on British soil when in fact they're not actually eligible for any benefits at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Awful tragedy RIP to all.

It’s very sad that some posters can make a Nationalist v Unionist scenario out of something so awful. Sad people in here.

He is a UVF member according to social media.

SO ****ING WHAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

why do some small minded individuals have to infect some threads?

It happens because they have no shame and love to capitalise on even the most tragic events to score points for their sad bar stool republican rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

This again!? Really? The English aren't blaming anyone, they're trying to figure out how a lorry load of corpses ended up in their country and that requires working out where this truck has been and where it's come from. This is quite a serious matter, you know.

Is this really how Ireland responds when something terrible happens? Just find a way to deflect by picking a fight with the English?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Does VRT and re reg to Irish plates not apply to trucks?

If indeed that is the case here obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

A UVF member apparently.
    Where have you seen this?
    To be fair, Portadown haulage contractors and the UVF usually go hand in hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

SO ****ING WHAT.

Well probably goes to further attest to the scumbag racketeering nature of the man involved.. unlikely that he was an innocent unknowing truck driver caught up in a multi national illegal trafficking ring!

We probably didn't need any further confirmation really but it does help.

That's if it's true of course. Could be complete BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Paul Lee wrote: »
    The elites need a new slave class. Hence why the press calls out anyone who criticised mass immigration as "racists". I'm racist for not wanting Africans to die in a trailer. I'm racist for wanting to halt growing racism. Bringing in fascist laws won't stop racism from spreading. Stopping social welfare will halt racism in it's tracks. But the powers that be don't want that, do they?

Being a racist gets you called out for your racism. These people were not entitled to social welfare in the U.K., so ‘stopping social welfare’ will have zero impact on the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

I think some posts on this thread might confirm the fairly widespread view that many self-styled "Republicans" and self-styled "Loyalists" are actually mirror images of each other and should have their own little statelet where they can spend their lives happily baiting and trolling each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭whats_my_name

Works for a haulage company that is based in Monaghan.

Brexit will protect uk borders from this kind of stuff apparently.

With due respect to those who have died.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A UVF member apparently.

Mod: Lots and lots and lots of reported posts about you in the last while. Don't post in this thread again.

Does VRT and re reg to Irish plates not apply to trucks?

If indeed that is the case here obviously.

If the truck spends more time abroad than in Ireland, then no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Wonder what the price was for each life lost I mean in monatery terms what did these people pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

It came from Zeebrugge Belgium not Ireland

• Advertisement

If the truck spends more time abroad than in Ireland, then no.

Well then, (and thanks for your reply), how much surveillance is carried out on the length of time foreign reg trucks are either here or up North. Just wondering, not demanding an answer from you!

Sounds all dodge to me WRT to a lot of things, Customs, immigration, checking ro ro freight and so on. But I suppose Trade has to keep moving quickly.

Advertisement