Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big screen iphone for my dad

Options
  • 23-10-2019 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

My Dad'd old iphone is giving up the ghost and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately his eyes are also not what they were, so I'm thinking it would make sense to get him an iphone (he's used to the interface) with a bigger screen.

I've been on the apple site, comparing models etc. Since it has a pretty big screen, but retains the physical button, I'm thinking the 8 plus might be a good call. Would there be any concerns with that falling out of support in the next couple of years or anything like that?

Also, is the apple site the place to buy one? I'd like to buy it from a reputable shop/site, but don't want to be fleeced either. With a very small group scheme discount I could buy it from apple for 656 euro.

Thanks,

Ronan

Advertisement