Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening/early night Jazz?

Options
2»

Comments

Mardyke wrote: »
    Was that your filthy SUV parked on the footpath outside?

Nope, I keep my cars immaculately clean inside and out. Also I was on the beer not driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

No mistake.
    1 drink only.
    Was in a state of shock tbh, couldn't tell her take it back when it was already poured could I?

Am yes you could. A simple sorry but I'm not paying that price please take the drink back and then go somewhere that wasn't gouging you!

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

They were charging about €8 for a glass of white wine, which I thought was a rip off. If I was charged over a tenner for a pint there's no way I'd be paying.

What I find amazing is the lack of bar staff on during these weekends. People were waiting 15-20 mins for service at the main bar. Surely it would pay the place to have more staff on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

€11.50 for a pint in river lee at 1am.
    Just gouging.

Mother of God! That had to be a mistake......I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Did Prenders or 96fm mention anything about high booze rices for the jazz ?

• Advertisement

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Did Prenders or 96fm mention anything about high booze rices for the jazz ?

Anywhere I was drinking the prices were the same as previous years (same as any week really I'd say overall).

I still think the 11.50 for a pint in river lee was a mistake, accidentally charged for two drinks or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

smurgen wrote: »
    The taxi situation over the weekend was insane.nearly had walked home douglas both nights by the time I'd gotten one.why can we not have Uber in Ireland?

Would you not just wait on the mall for somewhere between 7 and 90 minutes for the every-30-minutes bus? :pac:

11.50 for a pint is nuts, I'd get on to them privately on Facebook and double check it wasn't a mistake and if not name and shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

11.50 is definitely a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

11.50 is definitely a mistake.
    Or its possible a crooked barman taking advantage of short changing drunken punters.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Or its possible a crooked barman taking advantage of short changing drunken punters.

Only whisky_galore can answer that one!

Ive seen it plenty in other bars, but having been in the River Lee on Sunday, the staff there (at the main bar) didn't seem like they'd be up to that craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Hop House 13.

I guessed there was a premium on serving beyond a certain time but 11.50, come on.
    Had to look at the receipt and change in case I had misheard.

If it's on a receipt then it's not a barman charging over the odds, the price is set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

smurgen wrote: »
    The taxi situation over the weekend was insane.nearly had walked home douglas both nights by the time I'd gotten one.why can we not have Uber in Ireland?

Used a great app in the states recently called Lyft! Very cheap also something like this would be great also

Advertisement