Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small Claims Court for Unprofessional Conduct and Poor Outcome - Advice Needed

• 23-10-2019 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping to get some constructive advice.

I had an appointment to get a semi-permanent make up procedure done last week.

Very very long story short, I feel the business owner conducted herself in a very unprofessional manner and she did a very poor job which caused me significant emotional distress.

I asked for a refund, she said she would provide one. She then changed her mind because she was offended by my opinion.

I tried to leave an honest review on her Facebook page but she removed her page before I could. She marked the appointment as cancelled on the web client/app I used to book the appointment so I couldn't review her there either. I left an honest, detailed review on Google, and within 48 hours of posting my review (with pictures), she has gotten 7 family members and friends (who don't even live in Ireland) to post fake five star reviews to her Google business page.

She keeps emailing me telling me she did a great job, that I'm "slandering" her and its unacceptable. I have informed her to not contact me again, and have said I have submitted the case to the small claims court to recover my expenses totalling €300.

I have never had any experience with the SCC. I've submitted the case but have yet to hear anything back. How does it work? How long does it take?

I am willing to go into more detail to give context of why I'm doing this if needs be.

Comments

Advertisement